A map in the works

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

A map in the works

jflood

Thank you first to Wolfpack for giving me a member status, it is greatly appreciated.

Secondly, this is my first publicly announced map. anyway back story/design. So basically, I saw one of noklu's ideas one day and he had these rounded halls that I thought they were brilliant so I took them out of his map and I worked with this simple element to remake the map mine by raising it up.

Anyway I don't want to spend half the thread describing it and as a picture is a thousand words; have five thousand words.

This is the large hall where I am thinking a sword will go if I can figure out what else I can do with it.

This is the centre of the map. Rockets. John was thinking (when he was still on the face of the Earth) that there would be an insane rush for the flag through here.

Red base. In this picture you can see what I meant by the arches.

Dark tunnel. Noklu, while looking over the map. Redid this for me. I originally had a tunnel but now it is a lot less drab.

And that it is a much better view of the arch and drop down base design.

Also I there is another hall opposite the 'large hall' but they is still being made (almost there just needs to be decorated and covered a bit more.

Anyway that is the map. I will add more pictures as the time comes and it shall be in play testing condition soon enough (If I can be bothered to do more spawning with school and stuff going on.)

GT: THE JFLOOD I am Aussie. ie. I will probably have bad connection on anything but Halo.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: A map in the works

MythicFritz
This is looking excellent flood.

I'd challenge you to really do something different with the second hall while you're working on it. Your large hall (1st picture) has quite the long sightline. This isn't a bad thing, but if the map is nothing but long sightlines, it's going to create a lot of cross map fighting. Think about making the second hall more cq as a place for players to get away from the dmrs.
Reply | Threaded
|

jflood
That was what I was thinking. I may just change that entire seoncd hall to something that it isn't even a hall but I am still thinking about.
GT: THE JFLOOD I am Aussie. ie. I will probably have bad connection on anything but Halo.
Reply | Threaded
|

xFingeR PaiNtx
From what i can see this map is wellmade and shows that using even the most simple of things can do wonders. What i mean by that is that it looks simple in a good way, so it's a compliment, fear not. Good job.