AC Team

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
 |  7 messages Options
Reply | Quote | Edit |  
Report Content as Inappropriate

AC Team

MythicFritz
MythicFritz
Godly, in an intro thread you mentioned adding a AC Team field to profiles and having it show under avatars on RP.

I'm fine with the profile field but is adding it under avatars something you're still seriously considering?
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Re: AC Team

GodlyPerfection
RP Founder
Irrelephancy
GodlyPerfection
I am considering it... mainly because it will only show up for those who have the field set so it won't interfere with the main Halo player base and even then the font is really small. For the ACV side of things it will be nice being able to distinguish between who's on what team. Very few people will have all 3 fields filled out and showing up under their avatar so I don't foresee it being too much of a problem. If it does become one I'll look deeper into it. Does that sound fair enough? The only main issue I can see is possible segregation of members, but we will see how that pans out. If team rivalries become a big deal then we can remove it from the avatar and just relegate it to the profile. It will also help point out which people are the ACV players to allow us to help them get more settled to the more mature learning environment.

And the update won't be til after this next one anyways. We are getting ready to push the BBCode conversion button and the admin portfolio management system as well as minor things like spoiler tags. So it will be a little bit before we can see how much of an affect it will have.

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Soladrin
Soladrin
This post was updated on .
Sounds like a good plan to me. My main forum (www.dakkadakka.com)  has all kinds of info near your avatar, though all editable by the users. I've seen some of these features come and go over the years, and so far, I've only seen one tag that actually caused a bit of a community split (Which is still going on), and that's showing which members are contributing members. They (and thus by extension me too :P ) are seen as a bit of an elite cadre only one step below the mods.

Obviously were talking about ginormous forum here so it might not apply anyway.

EDIT: Maybe a quick thought, might want to make some form of protection for the AC forums to prevent other teams from stealing our data. :3
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

GodlyPerfection
RP Founder
Irrelephancy
GodlyPerfection
Yeah we have always been a fan of keeping everyone at equal status. All member positions are hidden and post count is hidden as a way to keep people fair towards each other rather than giving natural more respect to a person with a ton of posts. People that are notable will become notable through reputation rather than through post count or title. We try to keep this a strong theme around the site to keep people feeling like their opinions do matter.

As for protection from other AC forums I want to keep it open and drag people over here. I want to encourage people to post strategies and ideas and discovered info so the community can grow as a whole on the competitive side of things. This is what I was talking about with pushing for a competitive environment. The more we discuss high level play the more others will see it and at the very least talk amongst their own crew about it. If we stay transparent we can also show that we are better through actual skill, not secrecy. ;)

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Soladrin
Soladrin
Aye, that´s why I took it up here, I figured as much from what you were saying on XBL. Besides, we´re going to be the best anyway :D
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

MythicFritz
MythicFritz
I have always liked having no distinction among members here. I know some people could converse without concern of bias but a lot of the ac stuff looks very interesting to me, a halo player. Not that I care what others think of my 2 cents here and there, but other halo players commenting in ac or vice versa could be disregarded without a team name under their avatar. Would a pinned thread with a list of known teams and known team members be better? Some kind of one stop team shop. You could sell team jerseys there too!
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

GodlyPerfection
RP Founder
Irrelephancy
GodlyPerfection
MythicFritz wrote
I have always liked having no distinction among members here. I know some people could converse without concern of bias but a lot of the ac stuff looks very interesting to me, a halo player. Not that I care what others think of my 2 cents here and there, but other halo players commenting in ac or vice versa could be disregarded without a team name under their avatar. Would a pinned thread with a list of known teams and known team members be better? Some kind of one stop team shop. You could sell team jerseys there too!
I doubt not having the ACV team name will be a big deal. At that point most people will just assume that you are a mercenary. I was more worried about the vice versa with ACV players posting on the Halo side of things on design topics. A thread would mean more overhead by the person running the post. And right now I'm trying to avoid pinned threads as they are taking up all the space for the six threads that show up for each subforum in the SD top level. That is until I get cobb to have that system ignore pinned subforum topics. I'd say for now we try it out and see how much distinction is tied to it and see where it goes from there. I see it as more of an identifier of players like GTs/PSNs rather than a splitting of groups. Especially since each team can only have 20 members. Does that sound ok? I'll watch the cross pollination of posting of members between games and see if any bias is being obviously displayed.