ACVD suggested special sortie load outs and strategies

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ACVD suggested special sortie load outs and strategies

YOGSTRY
Me, PSN YOGSTRY, and my friend, PSN Depth72, have decided to hop back in the game as a two man team. We are looking for the proper approach to take out the special sortie bosses. I did run across Sash's post on farming special sortie bosses which I put at the end of the post.

If anyone is still on here, what are your preferred approaches to each boss? And if you would, please use its in game name as well as a physical description, such as "the five UFOs that shoot lasers". That would really help.

Sash:
"In case you would like to attack specific bosses...

Map: Boss

North Frontier (N-America): Hunters, Scavenger, Predators
South Frontier (S-America): Spirit of Motherwill
Mid-Continent (Europe): LiV
New Frontier (Africa): N-WGIX/v "Black Glint"
Far East (Asia): Red Exusia
South Islands (Australia): To-Bros
Middle East: Grey Lotuses

Keep in mind that you'll only be able to narrow down your choices to two of them, not a single boss. In the event that you're using UNACs, Autocannons are a safe bet, but you will want to go with CEMGs for bosses like the To-bros and the Scavenger-types.

Note that you can cheese LiV with a Grind Blade, and Lotuses, Scavenger-types, and To-Bros can be attempted Solo, though UNACs can be useful too."

The Flaming Lampshades
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ACVD suggested special sortie load outs and strategies

Sash
Administrator
Hey there,

I keep trying to write a reply to this but each time something different happens which prevents me from posting it and otherwise deletes my post. This is entirely my fault, but I've become rather crestfallen about writing much of an article in reply.

Two long-winded attempts later, this is all you're getting out of me in my current state. Sorry.

North Frontier (N-America): Hunters, Scavenger, Predators
- Use any build you like, this is a standard extermination mission against larger enemies from the story. Rifles and CEMGs work fine.

South Frontier (S-America): Spirit of Motherwill
- Use something with good glide boost. Rifles and high-ammo BRs work fine.

Mid-Continent (Europe): LiV
- Pain in the ass. Use a high-TE defense build with TE shields and fight with rifles at long range. This is apparently a woman stuck in some weird geometric shit... don't ask. The fight takes place at night. Also, expect lots of Jammers to be scattered around the battleground, and most of the fight is a test of endurance. Plus, most attacks will instantly kill you or otherwise reduce your AP by staggering amounts.

New Frontier (Africa): N-WGIX/v "Black Glint"
- Quirky fight. Spray this guy until he hits the ground. Spray him with an autocannon tank when he's on the ground. Huge hassle if you don't hit his VOB early on since you must endure continued bombardment. Backpedal him when he attempts to blade you.

Far East (Asia): Red Exusia
- Another quirky fight. Hold your fire while he's invulnerable. Spray him with an autocannon tank when he's vulnerable. Stacking AP will work in your favor, but some attacks will outright kill you.

South Islands (Australia): To-Bros
- Straightforward extermination mission against the cyclopean ammon things. An Autocannon Tank with AS Missile Weapon Arms is effective here.

Middle East: Grey Lotuses
- A single AP-stacked Tank with Autocannons and Ammo reserves will win this fight simply by aiming up and holding down the triggers. These are the spinning things.
Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ACVD suggested special sortie load outs and strategies

A Kool Pop Tart
Maybe you should stop trying to post stuff with your phone...
"Waypoint Contractors; Fighting your wars so you don't have too! PANZER VOR!"