classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Anyone want some extra water?

Dj7291993
Administrator
So, never thought I'd be seeing the "100 year flood" just a few months after Colorado's newest record for most destructive wildfire, but it would appear that it is happening.  Haha, guess it's brings new meaning to that phrase, "If you don't like the weather, just wait a while."

If any of you are bored with your local weather, feel free to come join us.  With all this moisture, Winter is sure to be exciting.

~Josh Hollinrake, Dj7291993

Email Me - Admin Message Box - My Portfolio

"Dreamers Dream, Doers Do, Achievers Achieve, But Champions Do It ALL." ~The Goads

"A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances." ~James Allen (As a Man Thinketh)

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Anyone want some extra water?

Sash
Administrator
Dj7291993 wrote
So, never thought I'd be seeing the "100 year flood" just a few months after Colorado's newest record for most destructive wildfire, but it would appear that it is happening.  Haha, guess it's brings new meaning to that phrase, "If you don't like the weather, just wait a while."

If any of you are bored with your local weather, feel free to come join us.  With all this moisture, Winter is sure to be exciting.
Lol it IS frigging crazy out here isn't it? I hear the Boulder Campus got totally flooded out.
Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dj7291993
Administrator
Yeah, it is.  Apparently, we made it on the news in Korea.  One of my friends said her friend from there heard about it.  Lol, didn't think it was quite international scale.

"Dreamers Dream, Doers Do, Achievers Achieve, But Champions Do It ALL." ~The Goads

"A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances." ~James Allen (As a Man Thinketh)

Reply | Threaded
|

noklu
Administrator
In reply to this post by Dj7291993
Normally, I'd be all up for some water 'round here given Australia and the stereotypical drought we endure...but we're actually doing fine on the water front. I mean, the thing that people think about Australia is: "Hey, look, sunny beaches and droughts and fires." But really it's: "HAVE ALL THE WEATHERZ AND POISONOUS ANIMALS, SUCK IT AUSSIES. Including floods and general sogginess."
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sash
Administrator
noklu wrote
'...general sogginess."
Yep. You nailed it.
Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.
Reply | Threaded
|

erum
Zenos reaches into his pack. Zenos retrieves a panacea! Uses *panacea*. Maligned stats reverted to normal!
erum
Reply | Threaded
|

noklu
Administrator
erum wrote
Zenos reaches into his pack. Zenos retrieves a panacea! Uses *panacea*. Maligned stats reverted to normal!
I question the humanity of erum.

Meanwhile, Australia burns. Again.
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dj7291993
Administrator
noklu wrote
erum wrote
I question the humanity of erum.

Meanwhile, Australia burns. Again.
Wow, I was listening to "I Burn" off the RWBY soundtrack while I read your comment.  The fire sucks, though.  Not exactly a year for gentle weather, is it?

Also, while I had the same initial thought regarding erum, our weather here is somewhat normal, so it *might* be relevant, in a weird internet sort of way.  I say, since it's in spam, and it's not hurting anyone, we leave it alone... for now.