Are we forging?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Are we forging?

mrgreenwithagun
343i is rumored to be looking for small 2v2 maps. I haven't seen any posts here about anything Halo in the last couple weeks. Is anyone forging anything????
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Are we forging?

Randy 355
I am still slowly working on my remake of The Pit. Trying to dig out all of the minute nitpicks everyone is demanding I hammer out. I'm so done with remakes after this... lol

I heard this rumor as well. Would they want something like my remake for 2v2? Maybe for Halo 4's settings... I need to test more.
Reply | Threaded
|

mrgreenwithagun
In reply to this post by mrgreenwithagun
The only guidance I have received from the CCs is "small" and "2v2" ... literally, that is it.

but where is Godly?? He jumped in to say hi, that he was back, then no trace of the guy... I hope things are going well for him...
Reply | Threaded
|

external memory
Well, I was, on another box on winter holiday, knowing I wouldn't have time to finish but in hopes I could squeeze one or two more disc reads out of my old fat lazy 360 when I returned. That plan failed, and probably for the best it didn't last; priorities.

Map is definitely not a 2v2 though, ha; but it has shrunk a bit from pre-production in Reach.

I'm pining for the Forge right now, though, as you can probably tell from my map build thread. Even just playtests on others' content would be nice, but it just ain't in the cards, not just yet anyhow.
EXEM
Reply | Threaded
|

Dart3rocks
I recently just got done forging a 4v4 CTF Map; it isn't polished up all the way, but I've been hoping to get some test in, I also am polishing up my 'Extrication' Remake as well as getting ready to design another complete top to bottom map which I have started drawing up some bluprints for.

Happy Forging,
 Dart3rocks
Dart3rocks
My Portfolio
Sniper Tips
Works in the making....Extrication and Aurora Edits
Reply | Threaded
|

external memory
Maybe a teensy tiny bit this weekend, likely not until after next wednesday?

If the Fed loan gods smile on me, and this 2 year XBL / $99 (technically $220 not including the 2 year-XBL contract) for a 250 GB Xbox deal is still valid ^ n ^

Your tax dollars at work >:3
EXEM
Reply | Threaded
|

mrgreenwithagun
Okay, so the reason I started this thread was to see what kind of reaction I could get. It seems that there is a little activity on the Halo side of RP, but a lot more on the AC side. And the Halo side should be bustling with activity since we are in the middle of a submission into 343i's first community playlist for Halo 4. I am deeply concerned for the future of RP's Halo forging community maintaining any kind of cohesiveness. Do you feel my concerns are unwarranted? Do you feel my concerns need to be addressed some how? Do you think I shouldn't worry either way?

Pray tell?
Reply | Threaded
|

Dart3rocks
Well, I know Godly has been really busy as of lately since he is helping out with the community playlist, I haven't heard much from any of the ol' RP members much I just started College back and haven't been able to get too many test in. I don't think you should worry too much though, because there are some of us who are still around. I am hoping to get some test in tomorrow if everything goes alright.
Dart3rocks
My Portfolio
Sniper Tips
Works in the making....Extrication and Aurora Edits
Reply | Threaded
|

FuN Fortress
I haven't really been around at all, mostly because I've been back-and-forth between home and my girlfriend's house out of town. I've recently got a gold subscription again and have started mapping, though. I don't think that the 'cohesive'-ness of the group is in jeopardy, I just think we've all had shit to do lately. You know, with that whole 'school-year-still-going-and-people-still-having-other-things-to-do' thing being a thing. All I've really got in H4 is one complete 4v4 map. And I can't even put it into my file share or get screenshots of it.
Reply | Threaded
|

external memory
Well, I wanted to get the whole thing massed out and toss it to someone to cap some screens.

Fuck it, though, I'm putting up my BTB/Dom WIP on my fileshare, anyone that still visits here is welcome to check it out; it'll be up in a sec.

Still needs the base design massed out, the connecting routes behind the base, and connecting ramps to top mid.

Bravo base is actually set up, so go ahead and load that sucker up in Dominion,if you wanna how it looks when stuff animates, just remember to disable last stand in the options, ha. Just wanted to get an idea of where all the main visuals could fit.
EXEM