1234 ... 39
Reply | Quote | Edit |  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Armored Core V: Verdict Day

A Kool Pop Tart
Waypoint Corp.
A Kool Pop Tart
This post was updated on .
Shout out to Gripheenix for bring us the news. I did some research of my own.

"Armored Core: Verdict Day uses an enhanced matching system based on Armored Core V. One change is that, during territory conflicts players can participate in battles and choose which side they want to be on. This change should affect the game’s world balance.

Players will be able to transfer their save data from Armored Core V onto Verdict Day which will be available in Japan on September 26 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360."
~http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/19/armored-core-verdict-day-coming-out-on-september-26/

Some more info here: http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/20/4008058/armored-core-5-to-get-upgraded-sorta-sequel-verdict-day

Some Cloverfield quality screen shots of some new parts here: http://manager.co.th/Game/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9560000021696

I'll update this as more info comes in. So keep your eyes peeled and if you see any new, post it! :P

2/22/2013
Well it is official pilots! Armored Core V: Verdict Day has been confirmed for US/EU release. The Armored Core Facebook page has been updated with some new info and a LOT of HD pics.

"Renowned Japanese game developer FromSoftware returns to its hardcore mech action franchise with ARMORED CORE: VERDICT DAY. Command a squadron of advanced Armored Core mechs in a dystopian future ravaged by war and stripped of natural resources. Players will form squads of up to 20 members and enlist into one of the various in-game factions to wrestle control of territories away from other players in the game’s persistent multiplayer mode. New gameplay features will be implemented into ARMORED CORE: VERDICT DAY to ensure that players who choose to play alone will be able to recruit a squad of A.I. controlled mechs and enjoy the robust feature sets of co-op and multiplayer modes, while new matchmaking system ensures that players will always find battles at a moment’s notice. Are you ready to fight for the world?"
"Waypoint Contractors; Fighting your wars so you don't have too! PANZER VOR!"

Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Re: Armored Core V: Verdict Day

SwiiTcHBacK
Now this team system I like! Having only a few players a team creates huge rivalries and a few good players band together to get #1. With only huge factions it would be a much friendlier and fair contest. I assume you still keep your team within the faction. But your team works for the faction as a whole. Thumbs up from me for this.

Edit: I'm also going to be trying out many dual shield ACs just for fun lol.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Revenant
ExRedux
Well, chances are bamco will still screw us and FS will use them again.  But it sounds like they are really trying to fix AC for us.  We all know ACV was just the first attempt at this new system and it had a lot of good things going for it.  From what I could dig up and those posts it looks like they still love us and deep down we still love them.  (screw Bamco though).
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

A Kool Pop Tart
Waypoint Corp.
A Kool Pop Tart
It would be nice if From just through them to the wolves and took over the EU/US servers, or moved everything back over to Ubisoft. At least then I would feel like the game was in good hands.

But in any case, I am pretty optimistic.

Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Revenant
ExRedux
I would be all for just having everyone play on one universal server,  but I am pretty sure they wouldnt be able to convince sony and microsoft to allow something like that.  Ubisoft would be an awesome alternative though.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

A Kool Pop Tart
Waypoint Corp.
A Kool Pop Tart
Revenant wrote
I would be all for just having everyone play on one universal server,  but I am pretty sure they wouldnt be able to convince sony and microsoft to allow something like that.  Ubisoft would be an awesome alternative though.
Well Cross Platform Networking will never happen, because Microsoft and Sony are competitors, and competitors can't play nice.....But it would be nice if they could lift the region lock. I don't have anymore information at the moment, those three articles I linked are pretty much everything as of now, but if this turns out to be a brand new game like ACFA was, then anything is possible. I'm not going to bring hype in to this, but just use your imagination.

Reply | Quote | Edit |  

BebopBandit
Solidus (JP)
BebopBandit
This is awesome news, but it could turn out to be terrible news.

(This message doesn't really pertain to the Xbox players)

IF the playstation 4 is announced today, will it be available as a ps4 game? If it isn't and IF the rumors are true about the ps4 not being able to play ps3 games or disks, (Which I really hope those rumors are false) that might suck.

Also, if all that is false and you can play it on ps4 or ps3, I'm wondering of it will split up the community. Will ps3 players be on one server and ps4 on another? This could make the community even smaller. Hopefully they will do away with region lock to compensate for this or something.

Either way, I am definitely excited. I am just afraid this could be a terrible time to release a new game.
I think it's time we blow this scene.
Get everybody and the stuff together.
OK. 3. 2. 1. Let's jam!
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Always Godlike
Solidus/Ender
SunNights1
Cool the last link with the picture on bottom looks like a shield, yeah! aww yea blades + Piles + shield.
Heh
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

FromCheng
All too human.
FromCheng_EU
Pics yo.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201302/21029005.html

"...in the world, what counts more than talent, what counts more than energy or concentration or commitment or anything else, is kindness... and the more in the world you encounter kindness...the better the world always is. And all the big words; virtue, justice, truth.... [they] are dwarfed... by the greatness of kindness." -Stephen Fry

Armored Core Legacy Dude
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Always Godlike
Solidus/Ender
SunNights1
The link above shows a new Head, tank legs, BR, another Head piece, new arms, new core and Biped Legs which looks to be HW.
Heh
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

FromCheng
All too human.
FromCheng_EU
Always Godlike wrote
The link above shows a new Head, tank legs, BR, another Head piece, new arms, new core and Biped Legs which looks to be HW.
My guess is that its a light heavy leg. If so,

Looking at the Battle Rifle, it looks like its a three shot one.

CG head looks like the Roland with armor plating. Addable armor anyone?

"...in the world, what counts more than talent, what counts more than energy or concentration or commitment or anything else, is kindness... and the more in the world you encounter kindness...the better the world always is. And all the big words; virtue, justice, truth.... [they] are dwarfed... by the greatness of kindness." -Stephen Fry

Armored Core Legacy Dude
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

A Kool Pop Tart
Waypoint Corp.
A Kool Pop Tart

Time's up chums; let's do this! LEEEEEROY JENKINS!

Looking at the gameplay screens, talk about a major graphic over haul! I mean holy crap! And they SO stole my idea for an actual World map and the factions idea! Where is my finders fee!!!!!

Looking at the world map, hopefully this is an indication that they will be lifting the Region lock, and instead, localizing players based on nationality.

Reply | Quote | Edit |  

matchstick800
The Vanished Raven
Freelance Merc.
matchstick800
This is great and all, just like to know when or IF we will be getting this....
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

Vanished Racing
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Godspeed
Solidus
Dissocation
A Kool Pop Tart wrote
Looking at the gameplay screens, talk about a major graphic over haul! I mean holy crap! And they SO stole my idea for an actual World map and the factions idea! Where is my finders fee!!!!!
It makes me wonder if they're using their new game engine that they created for Dark Souls 2.  If so, that's pretty awesome.

A Kool Pop Tart wrote
Looking at the world map, hopefully this is an indication that they will be lifting the Region lock, and instead, localizing players based on nationality.
I doubt it.  If anything, it's just to add a sense of realism to the game.  The faction system looks interesting though; it reminds me a lot of what they did with Planetside 2.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

GundamMiester14
Oracle
GundamMeister14

Generation Three Dazbagh core maybe?
Look at the pattern on the front of it.
I shall fight to my last.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

sonshine
Research Lab 9
lawfury
those tank legs look like hover legs.
Lazor Cannon Tank
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Dracheseele
Been awhile since I've been here. So the beehive is back from the dead huh? Also yeah, that's definitely in the same series as Dazhbog and Perun.

I do hope we get some base vs base maps. I felt offense was a little too disadvantaged in conquest games.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

SwiiTcHBacK
Always Godlike wrote
Cool the last link with the picture on bottom looks like a shield, yeah! aww yea blades + Piles + shield.
When I saw that I thought of you and this straight away lol
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

A Kool Pop Tart
Waypoint Corp.
A Kool Pop Tart
Teaser Site with some epic music: http://www.armoredcore.net/acvd/

Also, got another tid bit of info from here: http://www.gpara.com/article/cms_show.php?c_id=35186&c_num=14

Which in the top section, states that (loosely translated mind you) "In Japan, From Software is responsible for sales, and NAMCO BANDAI Games is responsible for overseas sales."

This statement worries me a little because as we all know, ACV didn't make the top 10 list for games of the years, nor did it have a huge community when it hit the shelves. Lets stay optimistic and hope it comes through. On one hand it sounds like From is giving them the option to opt out, on the other, it sounds like From is going to localize it and Namco is simply in charge of getting it out the door.

The main article is detailing what I believe might be a Emblem contest that ends in March. (SASH GET YO BUT ON THE XBOX AND WIN! FOR 'MERICA! and Europe too :P)

Also, one last bit of news from the same page, at the very bottom was this statemen (again loosely translated)t:
(Number 1-20 people / team 1-10 people online at the same time fighting people)

10 v 10 conquest? Yes please :D
Shout out to Google Translate

Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Calimdir
2 Kool 4 A Team
Calimdir
CalimdirTwo
New parts look so cool! This is the AC that is depicted from behind in the teaser image. Definitely a shield!! :D

http://www.gpara.com/article/pop_show.php?c_id=35186&c_num=5&c_num2=1
1234 ... 39