August

WolfpackDragon
WolfpackDragon
This post was updated on .
No not the month. My map August.
For those of you too lazy to look it up here you go
au·gust
–adjective
1.inspiring reverence or admiration; of supreme dignity or grandeur; majestic: an august performance of a religious drama.
2.venerable; eminent: an august personage.

This map is made as a tribute to the three kings- Sword, Sniper, Rockets. A small map, less than one grid size, that plays best with team slayer. Recommended for 6-8 Players. Shy box Beta is now up.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileSets.aspx?player=WolfpackDragon
Overview of the entire map:

I don't know what to put on here so I will just say Hi. HI! Also, I'm Maximo Vara and I'm 90%ish certain that I approve of this message.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: August

MythicFritz
MythicFritz
I really enjoyed watching August evolve. Great job. It's a fun one for 3v3. Don't think I've played 8 on it yet.
And yes, your images are funcky. They look low res.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

WolfpackDragon
WolfpackDragon
Thank you Mythic for helping me test this out. Definitely best as a 3v3 map. Little crapped for 4v4 in my opinion but okay if you like fast paced matches.
So I'm not crazy then when I say they look funky... I did everything exactly how I have in the past... Maybe its the fact that every thing is close in color...
 I don't know what to put on here so I will just say Hi. HI! Also, I'm Maximo Vara and I'm 90%ish certain that I approve of this message.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

GodlyPerfection
RP Founder
Irrelephancy
GodlyPerfection
For the images you may have uploaded them wrong with a different size or something. Or maybe you embedded a different size version. If you look at the links they all have "medium" in them; that is what makes me think so.

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Nikatorus
Nikatorus
I remember seeing this map. I liked playing on it, the gameplay was fun.

I do remember getting "Murmed" (Nicatorus)
Currently: Temporarily Active
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

WolfpackDragon
WolfpackDragon
My most updated version of August is up. It's out of the Beta testing phase (took long enough) This will be my official version1. Please brake it play it, and camp it. Any and all feedback is appreciated. I will be posting this map on Satyros and Bluepriont tomorrow with any changes needed.

Map: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16744606&player=WolfpackDragon
Video Fly Through: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16743973&player=WolfpackDragon

I'm not exactly sure how to render it but its in my file share. I think I did it but I'm confused now... Anyhow... Enjoy, let me know what you think.

I'll update the images after I get back from Sky High. :P
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Hardcore Hero
This post was updated on .
Hey, ive played this map! i thought it played rather well, and i really like how well the entire map fits the theme, not a single piece feels out of place. And the only negative feedback i could give on this map is that i havent played it enough! So playtest this more often, and at times when i am in the group!

edited to make sense
Gamertag: HARDCOR3 H3RO

Checkout my Fileshare

Reply | Quote | Edit |  

UnexpectedBang
The flag match we played on here today was pretty intense. (Not to mention fun)
As I stated during the game, this map reminds me of The Pit for some reason, which is a great first impression for a 4v4 map.

The addition of the drop shield pickup is unique as well, I like it.
GT: "Altblox" (0nemonth) or "UnexpectedBang"
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

WolfpackDragon
WolfpackDragon
I hate you Godly... That remaking in the sky took for ever!!!! :P
Anyhow, the remake layout is completely done. All that is left is the spawns and objectives. It does look much better. I know that there where a couple bad spawns on the map so I'd like to get your input on it Godly. I'm not sure if I'll be on much tomorrow so can you just tell me what exactly was bugging you about the map so I could make the changes without needed you to be on at the same time.

Also, people, what say you to renaming the map "August Sky". Thought it would be fitting since it is now in fact in the sky-box. Discuss.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

GodlyPerfection
RP Founder
Irrelephancy
GodlyPerfection
For things that I don't like about the map I would have to point them out to you. But don't rename the map August Sky. Even though it is in the skybox now, people don't have to know that. And the map is completely enclosed so the "sky" wouldn't really fit in.

Great work though, I can't wait to see the new version. Hopefully I can help you get the map MM ready.

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

WolfpackDragon
WolfpackDragon
Updated :D
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

WolfpackDragon
WolfpackDragon