classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

BTB: Earthfall

UnexpectedBang
My initial build of this map played decently, but red was at a huge distance disadvantage, and lighting issues ran rampant.
I am now in the process of rebuilding the map on a larger scale, at the opposite end of the canyon (red ridge)

here's a screenshot to tide you guys over for now, I'll throw up a few more of both the original and the redesign as time goes by

Here's agentpapercraft, with a suicidal one man flag run in the final seconds of the match, which, as you can imagine, failed miserably. (at least, I think that's him...)
GT: "Altblox" (0nemonth) or "UnexpectedBang"
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: BTB: Earthfall

MythicFritz
I want to play on a map that prompts flag runs light that!
Reply | Threaded
|  

UnexpectedBang
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=19857631&player=UnexpectedBang

Relevant.
Very Relevant.

After tooling around on here, I've decided that the now-minimized lighting issues aren't worth a rebuild, especially since I evened out distances to and from center for each team.
I may mess around with the placement of the GL/two-way platforms, their locations relative to either base is slightly different.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Ramen 6378
I love the look of this map. Everything looks smoothly forged, and aesthetics are really well done. I especially love the look of the aesthetic feel that you accomplished with the grid merging with the blocks to form that shimmering blueness. Mind if I use that for my future maps?
Reply | Threaded
|  

UnexpectedBang
Ramen 6378 wrote
Mind if I use that for my future maps?
Knock yourself out.
That whole wall actually costs way more than it should, what with the aesthetic building pieces and the grids, but seeing as I don't need the budget I figured I'd leave it alone.