BTB map; Plague

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

BTB map; Plague

MrSaddo
This is Plague; A  large vehicular based BTB map.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Overview shots:

This map is built on hemorrhage but does not include all the usual hemorrhage go-to areas such as the ridge, the caves etc. It is about 95% symmetrical with two opposing slightly elevated power positions (I call them red temple and blue temple) at each side of the map offering infantry a valuable role in stifling the flow of enemy vehicles down the centre. Unlike boneyard for example, the high ground can be directly attacked by the vehicles all be it at a risk. The bases are quite open and the map has three sets of two way teleporters each offering lateral movement. This way, teams have several points of access to guard from in objective games rather than just camping one spot.

The map is large and sprawling with greatly reduced lines of sight in comparison to hemorrhage. For this reason it plays best with a full lobby of 16 players. It would play well with BTB heavies but is (IMO) most fun for 2 sided objectives.

It's been well tested and works great for BTB slayer, two flag, territories and neutral bomb.

Some action shots:

Weapon set on map (clip number is number of SPARE clips):

6x DMR @ 30 2 clip
2x Grenade launcher @ 120 3 clip
2x Rockets @ 120 0 clip
2x sniper @ 120 1 clip
1x Fuel rod @ 180 1 clip
2x Focus rifle @ 120
2x Needle rifle @ 30 2 clip
2x needler @ 60 2 clip
2x plasma pistol @ 60
2x spiker @ 60 2 clip
6x frag @ 45
6x plasma grenade @ 45

Vehicles on map:
2x ghost @ 90
4x warthog @ 60
2x falcon @ 90
4x mongoose @ 15
2x wraith @ 150

Useful callouts:

Red base
Red hall (connecting Red base to Red garage)
Red garage
Red lookout (The building with the teleporter that leads into the upper level of the base)
Red Rocks ( the large rock formation in front of the lookout)
Red temple (The very large building towards the middle of the map)
Fuel Rod (the central point of the map)
Blue base
Blue hall
Blue garage
Blue lookout
Blue Rocks
Blue temple
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: BTB map; Plague

Zombified Panda
This map looks epicly large! Modded? Next time i log on it'll download to my xbox and i'll let you know what i think.
Reply | Threaded
|

MrSaddo
In reply to this post by MrSaddo
No mods were used. I just had be be really efficient with the design
Reply | Threaded
|

Zombified Panda
In reply to this post by MrSaddo
seriously, i love this map! I can't wait to get a full lobby next time i'm on to try it out. Great job on your rock placement, perfect los setup! The only thing i would suggest is maybe to lower the rock that the fuel rod sits on, maybe low enough so it still gives contrast between the weapon but vehicles can drive over smoothly. Can the fuel rod lock onto vehicles like the falcon? If not, maybe swap it out with a laser. Great job man!