11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Cat'n'Mouse protect - On Hold

SnoozieDoes
This post was updated on .
Hello there, and welcome to read my newest and first project on Reach. It is called Cat'n'Mouse.

This game idea started from thinking the size difference of Spartans and Elites. I remembered that some maps had problems in Elites movement, as they were too big to fit in holes that Spartans can go. I decided to make a mini game using this, and ended up making it Cat'n'Mouse.

So, the gametype for this will be invasion, as the other team is forced to be Elites, and other team as Spartans. Spartans are mice. They have holes in edges of the map, were they can be safe from the cats and move to other holes through teleporters. Elites aka Cats aren't able to fit through the holes. Mice has evade, but the Cats has unlimited sprint. I'm thinking about giving Mice power ups, like camo and overshield.

Objective for Mice is to steal the cheese from the table 3 times. Every time they succeed, Cats get better chance to win, as they get better weapons, armor abilities or there will be changes in the map. Objective for Cats is of course to defend the cheese. There will be one round for both teams as Mice and as Cats.

So what do you think about this?
Photobucket
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Cat'n'Mouse protect

Gnappy As5A5sin
I think it's awesome! Definitely better than the original Cats and Mice gametypes. Those were all honor ruled and -Forge!-.
On Skype Wolfpack Dragon wrote
"i came on the radio so I had to mention it"
Reply | Threaded
|  

Hardcore Hero
In reply to this post by SnoozieDoes
Sounds awesome! lemme know when you finish this so i can help test it, please!
Gamertag: HARDCOR3 H3RO

Checkout my Fileshare

Reply | Threaded
|  

UnexpectedBang
I'd love to try this out some time :)
GT: "Altblox" (0nemonth) or "UnexpectedBang"
Reply | Threaded
|  

SnoozieDoes
In reply to this post by Hardcore Hero
Hardcore Hero wrote
Sounds awesome! lemme know when you finish this so i can help test it, please!
I just started making this, but it shouldn't take more than a week to get it playable. I will let you know when the testing starts.
Photobucket
Reply | Threaded
|  

EagleOnFire
This sounds like a fantastic idea. I always thought that idea could be used to create something unique (spartans being smaller than elites). I could see how invisible could work for the 'mice'. This might give the 'mice' a chance in the later rounds, since you had mentioned the 'cats' get stronger as the rounds go on.
Great concept..would love to help test
Reply | Threaded
|  

Gnappy As5A5sin
One thing to bear in mind is that you can evade into space too short to physically get into sometimes. Just a headsup.
Reply | Threaded
|  

SnoozieDoes
Gnappy wrote
One thing to bear in mind is that you can evade into space too short to physically get into sometimes. Just a headsup.
There is shitty stuff, like you can't use evade with bomb.  But I will find some way to make things work.
Photobucket
Reply | Threaded
|  

AgentPaperCraft
In reply to this post by Gnappy As5A5sin
I totally see this working, now lets see it get done. Immediately begin working more on this old chap, I want to rome built over night.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Gnappy As5A5sin
You can use AA's with some of the newer gametypes likw SWATball, but not all the on disk ones. Try downloading the newest Invasion yeah?
Reply | Threaded
|  

SnoozieDoes
In reply to this post by AgentPaperCraft
AgentPaperCraft wrote
I totally see this working, now lets see it get done. Immediately begin working more on this old chap, I want to rome built over night.
I would like to work on this 24/7, but there's school and my brother wants to play too.  But don't you worry, I will get it playable soon enough.

Gnappy wrote
You can use AA's with some of the newer gametypes likw SWATball, but not all the on disk ones. Try downloading the newest Invasion yeah?
I highly doubt this will work, but it's worth of shot.
Photobucket