Clockwork

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Clockwork

Neal Before Me
So, here is the latest (and greatest) incarnation of my baby, Clockwork! If you guys take it out for a spin and have any major complaints just post em up here and I will see if I can address them. Otherwise, just enjoy the fruits of my loins-I-mean-labor.

Map Link Here!

ZOMG FOTOS!

THE CLOCK!

It just wouldn't be Clockwork without the giant clock! It is set to 1:17 for those of you who cant tell time on an analog clock.

Map Overview

Yes, that insignificant speck is me...

View down Blue Side... It's symmetrical!

View down blue side... It's symmetrical people! Use your imagination and turn it red for the other side!

View of bottom center

Made some changes down here too!

Top floor, everybody off!

Top floor lift system view. Snazzy huh?

ZOMG END FOTOS!

So, that's Clockwork! You guys know how this works, I post a map, you download it, you play it, you post feedback, I respond to feedback, you complain I didn't respond rightly, I say "screw you guys, I'm going home."
But seriously, enjoy the map!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Clockwork

FeanorOnForge
Hey, wellI downloaded this and am having a run through it... as I type  cos I have it open in the background

I'm just soloing on it atm to get a feel for the map but I'll post more feedback if I can get any team games on it. For now I'm really liking the concept of the map, and the look of it works for me too. Two things I especially liked were: the lift system, the up and down aspect was very nice as boosting down at speed is a bit more novel and more usefull for attacking than mearly falling, and the up lift was just well done. The other was how the diffferent levels worked together as I think they would add alot to the gameplay. (oh and finding I could get to the top beam in the softkill zone but make it across into the other base if I ran was nice too).

so the rest can wait till I play it with a team but for now Great Job :)
"Not all who wander are Lost"

GT: FEAN0RPHOENIX
Reply | Threaded
|

Sixty3Zero
This is probably the coolest goddamn thing I've seen forged.

I just gotta test this shit. Let me know when you're doing a playtest.
Gamertag: Sixty3Zero

No, I'm not a girl. I just have really, really long hair.

I started the whole "draw your spartan for your avatar" thing. So, draw your spartan for your avatar. DO IT.
Reply | Threaded
|

Docter Weegee
Banned User
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Neal Before Me
it is good most of the time but i just did a playtest (3v3) and we were getting some drop in FR as we went up the mancannons from red/blue gears... i will be looking into that and some other issues that came up...
Reply | Threaded
|

DIRT JOCKEY
In reply to this post by Neal Before Me
Very cool concept. Very cool. Ive seen clocks in maps before, but thats it, just a clock on a wall. Not only is this original, It looks well done.

Thanks for the download. Ps, I may be able to help you with the framerate problems. Send me an invite if you are interested.
Reply | Threaded
|

noklu
Administrator
I remember playing this a while ago. Good fun, although it seemed a little limited in the range of gameplay i.e., it tended to polarise to the to circles in the centre (one at the top, the other at the bottom). It was fun, it looked nice, it just lacked dynamic flow between different areas. That is due to the lack of path penetration between major areas i.e., each major 'path' from A-B lacked enough ways to get to the other major paths.

I'm not saying to alter this map, it's good, but that's something to look for in the future.
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Flying Shoe ILR
In reply to this post by Neal Before Me
The clock is very cool, as are the gears below and other mechanical apparatus. I can't tell too much about the layout from the pics, though it looks fairly balanced as it is symmetrical. I do see a little bit of an ugly merge on the red lift area between a ramp XL and a Tunnel Long, but that is merely an aesthetic issue. Dear God, that clock must have cost some budget...
Reply | Threaded
|

Neal Before Me
wow first time back on here in a long time and I have a comment on Clockwork! w00t! I just want you to know you made my night lol
but seriously, yea that clock cost a ton... it has 2 dishes, 4 large 1-way shields, 4 banks, 3 antennae satellites, and 37 building blocks (mostly 1x1 squares) you can do the math on how much it actually cost lol
as for the lay-out you could always download it and give it look-see for yourself
I always meant to go back into the map and possibly look into some fine-tuning work but I never did and most likely won't til after CE:A comes out... anyway, just wanted to thank you for taking the time to comment on something that I put way more time into than I would like to admit lol