classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Eerily well-fitting Soundtracks to Trailers

Sash
Administrator
Ok, so maybe it is a conspiracy and it might not be, but it's evident that there's definitely some creepy combinations of Movie Soundtracks that fit perfectly with Game Trailers or vice-versa.

Here's my example...

Metal Gear Rising Reveal Trailer

Inception Soundtrack ~ Dream is Collapsing

^ Scary how well these work together. As probably apparent, Inception Soundtrack plays over the Trailer. Mute the Trailer. Be stunned by how well they match.

If you can find something similar, post it! Combos!
Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Eerily well-fitting Soundtracks to Trailers

noklu
Administrator
Well if you like that kind of thing you'd probably appreciate gifsound.com and reddit/r/gifsound. Not exactly video-video synchronisation, but close.

There's also the famous Dark Side of the Moon (by Pink Floyd) and the Wizard of Oz synchronisation. Perfectly matches. Pink Floyd has a few others.

Also, did you hear that any old movie, if you take its sound track out (not the official music release, but the raw audio from the movie) and then play that next to the same movie it perfectly synchronises? Like, seriously, people's mouths are moving and you hear word for word what they say!
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Eerily well-fitting Soundtracks to Trailers

CrazedMeatball
In reply to this post by Sash
While it's not a movie soundtrack to game trailer type deal, Danny Boyle said that, when creating 28 days later, he had Godspeed You! Black Emperor's album F# A# infinity in his mind at all times.
Check out my music :D

https://soundcloud.com/alfie-prior