Fortunately, Unfortunately

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
82 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fortunately, Unfortunately

Spaztar Sorrena
This game works much like those collaborative one line story games you see on the Internet, but with the twist of players alternating between fortunate and unfortunate statements about the events that are occurring.

For example:

- One person begins with a sentence (e.g., One day Little Johnny walked to the local shoe shop).
- The next person tells of something unfortunate that happens (e.g., Unfortunately, Little Johnny was hit by a refrigerator.).
- The following person contributes a fortunate event (e.g., Fortunately, the refrigerator was made entirely of marshmallows).
- The third person will contribute an unfortunate event (e.g., Unfortunately, these marshmallows had poisonous spikes on them).
- The fourth person will contribute a fortunate event (e.g., Fortunately, the spikes were made of Jello ), and the process is repeated.

So, without further adieu, let the game begin.
Reply | Threaded
|

Being Original - Story Games

DriedMoss
Since the OP did not start us off - thanks for the honor of letting me show off what I can do.

One day Little Johnny walked to the local shoe shop...
Design with Determination!

XBL Gamertag: DriedMoss
Reply | Threaded
|

Carrying on the creativity

Dj7291993
Administrator
Carrying on moss's creativity...

Unfortunately, Little Johnny was hit by a refrigerator.

~Josh Hollinrake, Dj7291993

Email Me - Admin Message Box - My Portfolio

"Dreamers Dream, Doers Do, Achievers Achieve, But Champions Do It ALL." ~The Goads

"A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances." ~James Allen (As a Man Thinketh)

Reply | Threaded
|

Combo breaker

Spaztar Sorrena
Fortunately, Little Johnny had just dropped acid, and was therefore hallucinating about this whole "sentient flying fridge" nonsense.
Reply | Threaded
|

Into The Hole

DriedMoss
Unfortunately the "Dropped Acid" burned a hole in the floor around where Johnny had been standing and he fell into a dark abyss where black goo soon consumed his eyes.

Reply | Threaded
|

The Goo of not-so-doom

Dj7291993
Administrator
Fortunately, the goo formed new, enhanced eyes, giving him super-vision.

"Dreamers Dream, Doers Do, Achievers Achieve, But Champions Do It ALL." ~The Goads

"A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances." ~James Allen (As a Man Thinketh)

Reply | Threaded
|

The Goo of Mediocrity

Spaztar Sorrena
Unfortunately, Johnny's eyesight was already horrendously poor before this incident, and thus the goo only granted him 20/20 vision. Which is still pretty cool, but it's not like he's an eagle now or anything.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The Goo of Mediocrity

Dj7291993
Administrator
Fortunately, his vision improved enough to see the death pit in front of him before walking into it.

Reply | Threaded
|

The Secret of the Death Pit

DriedMoss
Unfortunately, the 1-ton; light and dark green; bio-luminescent; bad-breath, 1-eyed; 23,000 legged insect that inhabited the death pit saw Johnny first and lunged forward for it's first snack of the early hour.

Reply | Threaded
|

First Round's on Greeglegax!

Spaztar Sorrena
Fortunately, it was Happy Hour, and as we all know, one ton, light and dark green, bio-luminescent, bad breathed, one-eyed, 23,000 legged insects love alcohol. He was merely excited and inviting Johnny out for a pint!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: First Round's on Greeglegax!

Dj7291993
Administrator
Unfortunately, johnny didn't realize that one ton, light and dark green, bio-luminescent, bad breathed, one-eyed, 23,000 legged insects drink pure ethanol.  This didn't go over well johnny's weak alcohol tolerance.

Reply | Threaded
|

CrazedMeatball
Fortunately, Johnney 's painful memorys of that night had been completly annihalated by the over exposure of alchole.
Check out my music :D

https://soundcloud.com/alfie-prior
Reply | Threaded
|

Dj7291993
Administrator
Unfortunatley, somehow, someone posted it on youtube, bringing back the painful memories.

Reply | Threaded
|

BadCompany Brik
Fortunately, Johnny became a cultural phenomenon and whored it out for money, and became good friends with Antoine Dodson.
-BCB-
Reply | Threaded
|

Dj7291993
Administrator
unfortunately, this only lasted about a week.

Reply | Threaded
|

CrazedMeatball
Fortunately it was june, so nothing bad happened.

(if anything bad happens in june, the world will asplode)

Reply | Threaded
|

Dj7291993
Administrator
unfortunately, this week was the Apocalypse, so the world did explode.

Reply | Threaded
|

CrazedMeatball
Fortunatly, Johnney stuck close to fasion, and the latest was bulletproof jump suits.

Reply | Threaded
|

Dj7291993
Administrator
unfortunately, it was not flame resistant.

Reply | Threaded
|

CrazedMeatball
Fortunatly, He had a fire extinguisher close by and used it to rehydate himself.