classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Fuck this

FuN Fortress
...got your attention..? Neat-o! To be more specific, fuck the absolute lack of mapping activity. Let's gun up and kick it into gear! Who cares if this is for a contest, to get into matchmaking, to whatever; let's do this just to do it, and to get into the design game again. Let's keep our name on the board.

So! Having said that, here's something I'm working on. It's a sort of 'dockyard' or shipping area (because, classic Fortress, water needs to be near for some reason), layered in 'tiers', the map's going to feature some open spacing on the middlemost level and north docks on the bottom level, some tighter spacing in the left half of the upper level with boxes and things typical of a freightyard being present, and some sort of 'foreman's' building and a 'warehouse/storage/ building being on the upper level on opposite halves. The map's going to be asymmetrical, with a strong focus on the rather unsung Concussion Rifle throughout the map, what with the dangerous areas around catwalks off of the map's upper edges, water just off of the dockyards, and all of that. The bottom level is going to have more walls and barriers, but will mostly be used as a way to get from one section of the upper level to the other, while the upper level itself will be where most of the gameplay should actually happen.

This is just a quick concept that I whipped up, and a quick sketchout in paint, but hopefully this can develop. Let's hear what we can do with this, people.

Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Fuck this

Gnappy As5A5sin
I'm curious to see what can be done with this. What do the other floors look like? How does this really differ from Halo 3's Longshore, cause that's what popped in my head right now... I look forward to seeing what you have for this.
On Skype Wolfpack Dragon wrote
"i came on the radio so I had to mention it"
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Fuck this

FuN Fortress
In reply to this post by FuN Fortress
The top floor's probably going to have 'crates' (or just large building block objects) around the lower-left corner of the top floor. It's going to have a smaller building in the upper-left section, and a larger one on the other side, with catwalks coming off of their top levels similar to how Hang 'Em High did it. As for the bottom floor... I'm still working that one out and playing around with it.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Attention Former XForgery Members!

sandrela
In reply to this post by FuN Fortress
I'm curious to see what can be done with this. What do the other floors look like? How does this really differ from Halo 3's Longshore, cause that's what popped in my head right now... I look forward to seeing what you have for this.
SANDRELA