1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Game Design Discussion FAQ

noklu
Administrator
This post was updated on .

This subforum is where you can discuss game design. Only the finest game design resources are curated for your perusal and discussion.

Note that this forum is not just for game designers. It is for anyone interested in it, even if you never have and never will design a thing. Understanding game design is useful from both a designer's perspective and a player's perspective.

Why can't I create any threads/topics?

We want to ensure that this subforum is home to only high-quality design resources. Therefore, only admins may create threads, and that role mainly falls to GodlyPerfection. However, if you have an excellent resource to share, simply reply in this thread with your suggestion.

There are already many topics open for discussion. All of them are superb resources, so we encourage you to browse through the entire subforum at your leisure, replying and discussing any and all as you see fit. "Necro-bumping" does not exist in this subforum. In fact, bumping a thread is a community service: you are returning an older resource to full view, allowing people to see it when they otherwise would not have.

However, bumping must still fall within our other forum guidelines: no spam, no flaming, and no advertising.

It is highly preferred that your posts are relevant and longer than a maximum tweet on Twitter (140 characters).

Earning portfolios and full membership is considerably easier if you post regularly and insightfully in this subforum.

What if I don't want to be here?

Well, I don't know why that's the case! Is it something I said? *sighs* Well, if you must leave the Game Design Discussion subforum, here are a few other places you can go:
  • If you haven't introduced yourself around here, visit the Introductions subforum and tell us all about yourself.
  • Serious Discussion is for general chat that you want to keep, well, serious.
  • Spam Perfection is home to the lol's, trolls, and forum games - pretty much anything goes.
  • If you have any issues or concerns with the forum, head over to Site Affairs.
  • If you don't know how Reaching Perfection works, visit our main FAQ hub.
Ask any other questions below.
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.