Heavy Gunner style

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
 |  2 messages Options
Reply | Quote | Edit |  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Heavy Gunner style

Quarter_Tilt
Quarter Tilt
Anyone use a KE Howizter as something other than a giant shotgun? It's counterpart back in Chromehounds was a long-range weapon. The thing has unique complicated sights with numbers that read from 0-400, but I can't for the life of me figure out how they're expected to be used, though the cannon-view angle readout on the sides of the screen are simple enough to understand.

I'd like to see this artillary weapon being used for what it's actually intended for, so do share if you have a tip, trick, or even just a crazy idea. At the very least, it might be good for S-ranking missions or completing Hardcore mode.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Heavy Gunner style

thirteen37
I had an entire team defeated by basically a pair of ACs: a howitzer tank and a LRJ spotter:

I'm pretty sure the LRJ was just staying high in the air in scan mode with one guy on the team marked for the tank.

The tank could always see where his marked target was, and had a pretty good knack for lobbing shells over cover or firing with a lead as you were coming around a corner... and eating the explosions from 6 max-power howie shells at a time is nearly fatal for any AC.