Hello from Namco Bandai America!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello from Namco Bandai America!

Jsauce
Howdy folks, my name is J. and I'm the new Community Manager over at Namco Bandai Games America. I just wanted to stop by some of the fan sites to say Hello and introduce myself as we gear up for the launch of Verdict Day. I've played most of the AC iterations casually in the past, but never really dug in deep and got the full experience. I'm looking forward to that this time around. Especially with some help from you vets. My job will involve working with some site admins to get some prizes for giveaways, sharing assets and trailers, and answering any questions you folks might have. So.. Since I'm just getting up to speed I currently know very little! But if you had specific questions, I can gather those and work on answers for you folks.

The best way to get a hold of me will probably be hollering at me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/JKartje

So.. If you want to know way more information about me I answered all the Intro FAQ questions!

Why did you choose your username?
Legally my name is Joseph, but I've always gone by J. A good friend started calling me Jsauce when we played Halo together and it kind of just stuck I guess. I don't have much more of an explanation!

Where are you from? Do you like it there?
I grew up in Indiana (US), but I currently live in San Francisco, CA (US). I like it here quite a bit now. The weather is just crazy cool. Sweatshirt and jeans is always appropriate attire and that makes me happy. There's also plenty of things going on all the time. It's a happening place.

What career would you love to have? If you already have it, then tell us how you got there.
I think for the last 3 or 4 years I knew I wanted to be involved in Community Management in some capacity. I first came out to the Bay Area for a Web Development internship with IGN.com. That was quite a bit of fun and got me out to the Bay Area. It was a great opportunity to meet folks in the industry and get my foot in the door. It later helped me get a job on their Community Team and things have been going well since then!

What's your opinion on game design or philosophy of design, if you have one?
This is a pretty tough question. I like games that challenge me. But I also acknowledge that many people play games for many different reasons. But personally I enjoy challenge, strategy, customization, and strategy in my games. I think game design is a crazy diverse field that is changing every day, it's interesting for me to follow.

How did you find this site?
Well as soon as I started asking around about where the Armored Core community was, this popped up on my list!

Scrunch or fold?
A mix of both. Fold quickly.

What's one thing you want to change and why?
Well part of the reason I like Community Management is that I get to work towards a more positive online gaming environment. I'd like people to be nicer to each other online.

Finally, what is your opinion of otters?
I don't know where this question comes from, but I like it. I think otters are fantastic and interesting. The first time I saw one was only a few years ago, and I was damn excited.

Welp, that seems to be it. I look forward to getting to know you folks, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions. And wow your forum seems to have pulled my photo from my Google ID maybe? Technology scares me sometimes. You officially can now see my beard at its absolute biggest.

Cheers,
J.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello from Namco Bandai America!

Sash
Administrator
Hi! Nice to hear that Namco is reaching out to the community!
Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.
Reply | Threaded
|

Croodle
In reply to this post by Jsauce
Hello there
I prefer to drown myself in self-deprecation.
Reply | Threaded
|

MythicFritz
Very cool of you to stop in! I hope you do wonders with your endeavors.
Reply | Threaded
|

GodlyPerfection
Administrator
Glad to have you here J. One of my goals in the near future is to revamp this site. I'm tied up with my new job right now, but I've always wanted to put some good time into getting this place re-vamped. ACVD isn't far away, so here's hoping. :) Welcome to the group and I hope the community of AC is to your liking. ;) Good to here that you enjoyed your time on Halo. That is where most of my gaming time was spent over the past 5 years, so seeing AC and Halo in the same person is always awesome.

My email is GodlyPerfection@ReachingPerfection.com if you need anything specific. And I'll probably work very closely with Zeno, Cheng, and Pop Tart until I can dedicate more time to AC.

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.