classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello

Dj7291993
Administrator
Hi there everybody.  My name is josh, gamertag Dj7291993 (it's silver, so don't bother looking it up.  I've loved forge since halo 3, but before I could make some good maps, e74 hit.  well, being as I'm broke and busy, I haven't gotten it fixed yet (should before the end of the year though).  I have played reach at friend's places, and the new forge is pretty sweet.  I've got several ideas, but can't quite apply them without having reach (or a 360).  I found this site through G0DSR3GR3T (0 is a zero), he's is also a great forger, not much into slayer maps though.  I can't wait to start forging, and looking forward to having a place to bounce ideas around.

Outside of games, I'm a second degree black belt in Taekwondo.  I'm the oldest of five, and live in Colorado (rad is pronounced like dad, not like a fancy o).  I'm currently working on getting my degree in automotive service technology.  And I just got a job at a Mongolian grill called HuHot (maybe I'll be able to afford gold) started by one of my Taekwondo coaches.  Also, if I ever say TKD, it stands for Taekwondo.  Look forward to meeting you guys.

See ya, Josh.

P.s. I got through all of the forge lessons in one weekend.

~Josh Hollinrake, Dj7291993

Email Me - Admin Message Box - My Portfolio

"Dreamers Dream, Doers Do, Achievers Achieve, But Champions Do It ALL." ~The Goads

"A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances." ~James Allen (As a Man Thinketh)

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello

dzebra
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dj7291993
Administrator
Thanks man.  That's kinda what I'm hoping for.  I've messed around with a few ideas at my friends house, but that's not enough time to build a whole map.  Disappointed by the limit of 12 on buildings though.

"Dreamers Dream, Doers Do, Achievers Achieve, But Champions Do It ALL." ~The Goads

"A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances." ~James Allen (As a Man Thinketh)

Reply | Threaded
|

Welcome to Dj7291993 - TKD Designer

DriedMoss
In reply to this post by Dj7291993
Dj - Welcome to ReachingPerfection.com (RP)

A Black Belt in TKD. That's dedication. I am taking Tang Soo Do (TSD). TSD is a form of Korean martial art, like TKD, but not as much a sport like TKD can become.

Remember that RP is a design site, and while Forge 2.0 is our current design tool of choice, we are a versitile group. While you prepare for the arrival of your 360, do not feel the need to limit your field of disccussion to Forge. Should you have a bit of design input worth the attention of the RP community, then feel free to share. Visit the RP Forum Member Portfolios and search through each to get a feel of our member's design practices. For example: Look at the portfolio for "theArdly374". He's got a slew of non-forge related design content thrown in there.

We'll be looking for you in the forums. Stay active, and we'll see you on Live.  
Design with Determination!

XBL Gamertag: DriedMoss
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Welcome to Dj7291993 - TKD Designer

Dj7291993
Administrator
That's awesome.  I am looking forward to giving and receiving input.  Right now, I'm still kind of settling in.  I will make sure to look at the portfolios (I started to, but it was late, and there are a LOT).  Hopefully, I'll be able to get gold in the new year with my new job, but we'll see.  I appreciate you taking the time to give a good, warm welcome.  Hopefully, as I get more comfortable, my replies will be more meaningful and less rambling.  See you on the forums.

Reply | Threaded
|

That Spazamataz
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Debo37
I must say I'm rather intrigued that there's actually another Coloradan here (FoCo's stupid newspaper is B.S. - the proper demonym is Coloradan, not Coloradoan).

Anyhow, where are you from in Colorado? I was born and raised in Greeley, and I go to school at DU.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dj7291993
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Agree on the Coloradan thing.  I was born in the springs, I live just east of it now.  I really didn't expect to see someone else from Co either.  Nice to see that we've got some mountain folk here.  ;)

Reply | Threaded
|

GodlyPerfection
Administrator
You keep saying that I have yet to welcome you, well here I am. I must say that I am really impressed with what you have done here on the forums so far DJ. Keep up the great work and I am setting up some new portfolios for you guys now. I look forward to actually getting to know you DJ. ;)

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
Reply | Threaded
|

noklu
Administrator
In reply to this post by Dj7291993
Because Dj said, in some other thread, that he was distressed that only GP was still around from his intro thread.

So here's your necro-welcome, Dj.

The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.