classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Here comes a new challenger!

Abaddon
Hello, I just bought AC:VD on Amazon and finished it in 2 days (woot!). I'm going to skip the introduction and get to the point: I basically suck at this game, the only good thing I've come up so far is using the 5-shot sniper cannon on a biped to take a quickscope shot and move againto S-rank some of the 2 on 1 battles.

I seek the wisdom of those who know how the game actually works, to tell me a bunch of things:

- I'm having trouble to S-rank some missions, including 06-1 (AC oculus and his army of TE soldiers), most AC battles vs 2 pilots, and some more that I still haven't tried because the oculus mission is getting on my nerves, I even tried 2x autocannon tank stuff and only got A!

- Does anyone know Blue Magnolia's complete schematics? According to scan mode she uses:
HF-227 KE HEAD
C03 Malicious KE CORE
AD-228 TE ARMS
L03 FreQuency KE LEGS
Au-L-K29 R ARM LASER RIFLE
Au-V-G39 L ARM HEAT MG
Su-J-A28 CE MISSILE

I'm missing the other parts though. :(

- How does the KE explosive force actually work? the ~2500 damage VTF missiles still count as ineffective against my 1500 KE defense UNAC dummy.

- How does impact work? I don't get any armor breaks even using 1500+ impact values but I do stunlock a mid biped test AC with a jammer + crappiest gatling.

- What am I doing wrong with laser rifles? The damage they deliver barely compensates for the amount of charge time it needs, and the shorter the charge time is, the rifle becomes exponentially crappier, to the point where the weakest rifle inflicts way lower DPS than a pulse MG just for the sheer reload time.

- Is there any point using other boosters aside from BA-309?

- How do I counter a max defense tank as mid biped? I've seen a 2200KE 2200CE 3500TE tank randomly, and I don't want to build myself just to face 1 enemy, and I hate piledrivers anyway (instakill tank kicks, pulse gun/autocannon spam, low ammo)

I'm sorry for the wall of text, but I really haven't found any help on the internet for those questions.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Here comes a new challenger!

Sash
Administrator
Hi there. I'll try to be brief with this since I don't know everything off the top of my head.

Abaddon wrote
- I'm having trouble to S-rank some missions, including 06-1 (AC oculus and his army of TE soldiers), most AC battles vs 2 pilots, and some more that I still haven't tried because the oculus mission is getting on my nerves, I even tried 2x autocannon tank stuff and only got A!
Check your defenses I guess. If you don't have the defense to buff out your opponent's weapons you're going to be taking far more damage than necesary. I don't know if you knew that already or not, but start with building your AC to resist the weaponry you're facing in the story mission.

Abaddon wrote
- Does anyone know Blue Magnolia's complete schematics? According to scan mode she uses:
HF-227 KE HEAD
C03 Malicious KE CORE
AD-228 TE ARMS
L03 FreQuency KE LEGS
Au-L-K29 R ARM LASER RIFLE
Au-V-G39 L ARM HEAT MG
Su-J-A28 CE MISSILE

I'm missing the other parts though. :(
Well if you really want to build Blue Magnolia I guess that I won't stop you.

Her internals are:

FCS Fs-L-E28
Generator GA-319
Booster Bo-C-L13
Recon Asatori mdl.1

Abaddon wrote
- How does the KE explosive force actually work? the ~2500 damage VTF missiles still count as ineffective against my 1500 KE defense UNAC dummy.
Explosive Force appears to be a Type-less Damage. I haven't a clue why VTFs are registering ineffective hits on your dummy target.

Abaddon wrote
- How does impact work? I don't get any armor breaks even using 1500+ impact values but I do stunlock a mid biped test AC with a jammer + crappiest gatling.
Impact Force is a fickle thing. There's a difference between Armor Break and Full Stagger. Armor Break occurs whenever your weapon's Impact Force exceeds your target's Recoil Resistance. Armor Break will reduce the target's defense by 20%. The full Stagger Effect occurs when your weapon's Impact Force is 20% higher (or was it 50%?) than the target's Recoil Resistance. I don't remember because I personally don't bother crunching the numbers. The whole mechanic was nerfed considerably since the last game so people tend to rely on Armor Break only when there are Karasawas and Missiles involved.

Abaddon wrote
- What am I doing wrong with laser rifles? The damage they deliver barely compensates for the amount of charge time it needs, and the shorter the charge time is, the rifle becomes exponentially crappier, to the point where the weakest rifle inflicts way lower DPS than a pulse MG just for the sheer reload time.
You're probably just running with the wrong tunes or wrong laser rifles entirely. Most players only run with certain laser rifles, but I encourage you to try them all and see which tunes you prefer. You don't always have to charge them up all the way either, since they achieve their attack power before their full muzzle velocity is reached from the charge.

Abaddon wrote
- Is there any point using other boosters aside from BA-309?
Depends on what sort of movement you rely on. If you like mashing your high boost button, you might want a booster that consumes less. If you like a bit more finesse, run something with more power. If you want to glide boost for a while, there's boosters for that too.

What's more important is your actual Booster-Generator-Combination, since some are more suited to certain things than others.

Abaddon wrote
- How do I counter a max defense tank as mid biped? I've seen a 2200KE 2200CE 3500TE tank randomly, and I don't want to build myself just to face 1 enemy, and I hate piledrivers anyway (instakill tank kicks, pulse gun/autocannon spam, low ammo)
High Power Battle Rifles will work just fine for anything up to about 2600 CE Defense.

Have a nice day.
Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Abaddon
Thank you for the in-depth reply, that was quite impressive. :S

On the first comment, I have to say that I had to skip a couple of missions because no matter what I do, all I get is A. It will just take some time and tinkering I guess.

On the 2nd, thanks for the other parts, I want the full set just to play mirror matches (maybe solo mission 09?). The point is having fun, and what's more fun than playing a tied match vs the AI? Where did you get those parts by the way?

On the impact thing I noticed that it kinda works now playing offline with the first patch. Handguns have nice impact values and sometimes it becomes noticeable. On the lastest one you may just use the 120 ammo one for portable damage, the rest suck big time.

On the laser rifles I only use the 40 shot 4k damage one because it has the best damage/rate of fire of them all. Charging it often yields 3k+ damage but it takes so long to charge to a decent level that it just looks retarded. I was a fan of Latona builds which focused on 3-4 energy weapons, but the charging thing looks awful to me. I could understand it on railguns and laser cannons, but not on standard rifles. :(

Lastly, about the battle rifles, having that much damage means muzzle fire = 300, which makes it quite useless vs lights. Given that tetrapods and heavy RJs deflect them easily I don't see much of a use, but I will try them out tomorrow, maybe I'm mistaken.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Sash
Administrator
Hey no problem.

Quickly going to clarify, Explosion Force is KE-Based. I forgot :P

On the topic of Laser Rifles, yup; KRSW is a great weapon. The charge time mechanic can feel really different when compared to the AC4 and ForAnswer Laser Rifles, though they're a bit more dangerous in Verdict Day due to that silly 1900 Impact Force stat which combos well with other weapons.

Battle Rifles are a bit weird I guess. Their description says they ought to be used at longer ranges, but realistically they are close-range beat-sticks. If you're having issues hitting lightweights as well as heavy units, try and mix up your loadout to get coverage on both targets without sacrificing comfort on your AC.
Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Abaddon
Sash wrote
Quickly going to clarify, Explosion Force is KE-Based. I forgot :P
Yep, it makes sense. Also after using the giga missile on the mission 10 boss I remembered that the damage is only dealt at the center of the explosion, and so missile explosive damage might decline with distance from the impact point as well, which would explain why a 2400+ ke explosive force missile registered as ineffective vs 1500 armor.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Quarter_Tilt
     That's wrong. KE missiles have two damage values -the damage that happens on impact similar to a rifle's way of dealing damage(which will always register ineffective), and the explosive damage that happens afterwards. CE missiles don't have this stat listed because they don't rely on the kinetic energy of projectiles. Interestingly, a KE missile's explosive damage is not the stat which is listed when a target is viewed in scan mode; it is nearly impossible to know what KE missiles an enemy is using unless one memorizes the string of letters and numbers that make up the weapon's needlessly complex name.

It is always better to have just enough power to pierce a target's armour, and then focus on refire rate(note that some weapons deal less damage and refire slower anyways), and also have just enough armour to stop an enemy's attack while focusing on mobility(unless you can dodge the target's fire entirely). This is most useful in mission mode, where one can write down the enemy's stats and then build the perfect mech to counter them.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Abaddon
Thanks!!

I S-ranked every single mission a week ago and I'm trying to find a build that will work for all missions. Not for speedruns or effective clearing, but something that looks cool and can tackle on every mission even if I end with 1AP every single time.

It has to be mid or heavy, biped or reverse joint (any combination of those, just no lights, tanks or quads, medium weight prefered) and carry weapons to deal with everything. In ACFA I used a spread bazooka for mids, gatlight for MTs, boats, turrets and that garbage, missiles for lights and assault armor OB with shoulders for heavies. I basically hit everything with all I had, but at least 1 weapon for each enemy type.

If someone could help me with that and some insight on what should I go for in some pieces I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks for your help again!