[x] Create multiple threads in said sub-category
[  ] Figure out how to upload screenshots
[  ] Create threads for my maps
[x] Doh!
[x] Create a thread for Ideas
[x] Figure out how to permalink my portfolio into my signature
[  ] ???
[x] Profit.

Well, if anyone has any things they want to add to my checklist (i.e create a thread for something, fix the toilet in the basement, etc.) just comment here.

Also, if you can help me finish the checklist, I have a few muffins to give away. They're getting moldy...
XBL Gamertag - Mad Mufffin (Make sure to put 3 (f)'s)

Oooh! Shiney!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Homer's To Do List

WolfpackDragon
Administrator
What do you want the sub forum to be named?
 I don't know what to put on here so I will just say Hi. HI! Also, I'm Maximo Vara and I'm 90%ish certain that I approve of this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Homer
That was quick ^.~

Umm name it... Schedule Map Testing (SMT)

Thanx ;)

Oooh! Shiney!

Reply | Threaded
|

Homer
I mean Scheduled!!! With a D!

Oooh! Shiney!

Reply | Threaded
|

noklu
Administrator
In reply to this post by Homer
Homer wrote
[x] Get a portfolio
[x] Get a sub-category in said porfolio
[  ] Create multiple threads in said sub-category
[  ] Figure out how to upload screenshots
[  ] Create topics for my maps
[x] Doh!
[  ] Create a topic for Ideas
[  ] Figure out how to permalink my portfolio into my signature
[  ] ???
[x] Profit.

Well, if anyone has any things they want to add to my checklist (i.e create a topic for something, fix the toilet in the basement, etc.) just comment here.

Also, if you can help me finish the checklist, I have a few muffins to give away. They're getting moldy...
1. Creating Multiple Threads. Evidently you know how to do this, evidenced by the creation of this thread.

2. Uploading screenshots is as easy as clicking 'insert image' and copy-pasting the required information. If you desire to work with the actual img tags and codes, here's a site that covers most of it: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_img.asp...and yeah, I just google image tags and clicked on the first link. So sue me. But honestly? You're better served by using the existing function that nabble provides.
If you also need to insert images from Halo, I believe that the process is rather simple: Take a screenshot. Navigate to recent screenshots on Bungie.net (found in your service record) then save the files to your computer. Upload these files to an image hoster like tinypic or photobucket, then use the embed codes that they provide (make sure you select 'html'). Finally, copy and paste the code to the forums.

3. Create topics for your maps....I suppose you actually know what that means, but I don't.

4. Similarly for creating topics for ideas...

5. Permalinking is easy; one simply needs to click the 'permalink' button at the top right of the screen (next to your username) and copy the address in that box. Alternatively, you can right click on any link and copy the link location. However, you should never copy a link from the address bar.

6. ??? That's easy.

And I'm done.

Edit: No, I'm not. An easier way of embedding screenshots would be to save the file to your computer and then use the nabble function to upload it directly into nabble. The other method that I outlined is more appropriate for other forums that don't possess a dedicated uploading system, like forgehub.
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
Reply | Threaded
|

MythicFritz
How did you profit?! Share your secrets, I have a mortage to pay. (Wow do I feel old for saying that)
Reply | Threaded
|

Homer
Noklu - The problem with permalinking my portfolio into my signature is that it never gives me an option to paste the permalink into text on my signature.

Mythic - Watch South Park, the underwear gnomes know it all!

Oooh! Shiney!

Reply | Threaded
|

noklu
Administrator
Oh, you mean you want to display it as something other than a raw link? Because right now, it is permalinked.

This is how you create a link: (a href="http://forum.reachingperfection.com/Homer-f3306024.html")Text here.(/a)

All you have to do is replace the brackets with these symbols: > and <.
And here's one I prepared earlier!
Text Here.

The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Homer
Thank you noklu :)

Oooh! Shiney!