classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
 |  7 messages Options
Reply | Quote | Edit |  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Huzzah! Introductions!

Juggernaut470
Stray
Juggernaut470
I'm not really any good at this introduction thing, but here goes anyway.

I'm Juggernaut470, well, I'm not, but you get the idea. If you see a Juggernaut470 floating around the net, there is a 97.82% chance it's me. If it isn't me, just smile and wave, then back away awkwardly. Also, I tend to use too manny commas... Aparantly.

I have been gaming since I was about 3-4. My first console wasn't a console, it was a Gameboy, and it rocked. My first ACTUAL console was the Nintendo 64, and the first game I ever beat was Lylat Wars. I have a good memory for video games, and I will not forget a debt (unless I owe it), so yeah. Video games are my first language, English is my second. I don't really think there is anything left to tell, the FAQ questions look... Acceptable...

1. I have always been Juggernaut470, since I first created my Gamertag on Xbox Live anyway... Which was... Ages ago.
2. I am from Australia, Gympie (QLD) to be specific... Yes... I just LOVE having snakes trying to kill me 24/7. No really...
3. Career? CAREER?! Computer tech, I love looking at the insides of computers and finding out how they work...
4. Games without challenge are just not fun, that said, I may be biased. I THRIVE off games like Dark Souls and the like. But that said, CoD on Veteran? That's just not fun. ArmA 2 on top difficulty? Yes please. The difference between the two? Arma's AI actually has a shred of intelligence, and doesn't spam fragmentation grenades every 5 seconds. Personally, I LOVE a good story on a game, but Multiplayer adds an extra level of playability to the game. An equal balance of both is good.
5. I found this site via Google... I was looking for info on AC: Verdict Day and get directed to a topic on the forums here... Then I just explored and saw that this place was what I was looking for... For a very long time.
6. Fold as best as possible, then Scrunch when you get impatient.
7. I want to change the world so that everyone is seen as an equal in their own right... Yeah, my master plan is gonna take a while to complete, but I'll get there eventually.
8. Otters... My mortal foe... I prefer Ottsels... I wonder how many will get the ref...

So... That's it I suppose.

OH! And I'm a Brony, but not the frothing-at-the-mouth-Fluttershy-Is-Best-Pony-that's-not-how-you-spell-Princess-Luna-IWTCIRD types either. I know to keep it to myself when it isn't called for.
GT: Juggernaut470
On ACV, Shotguns and other multi-projectile weapons are my favorites, I also enjoy an Autocannon on occasion... It looks like an earthquake on my side, but hey, it's fun.

Can anyone offer me a spot in an EU team for ACV?
At least, I THINK Australia is in the EU server group.
Might help to add this is for ye olde' Xbox360.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Re: Huzzah! Introductions!

Doc1777
Hello Juggernaut! It is nice to meet you, welcome to da awesome 20% cooler forums that is Reaching Perfection. You will find that the people here are great and enjoy a good conversation. I hope you enjoy your time in this little ol'community of gamers!
GT: Doc1777
Doc's Portfolio
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

noklu
Legendary LurkerAdmin.
nokluu
You do not use too many commas. You use just about the right amount for my tastes.

And we have another Australian! Finally! I think there might've been another one at some point, besides myself... but we have more than one now! Hurrah!
Don't you start on the snakes... although, sadly, my resident bluetongue got run over today. Pancaked.

I approve of your position on challenging games. Challenge is great; mindless difficulty is not. I imagine the CoD campaigns have some redeeming features but, for the life of me, I can't name any.

"Ottsels"...guessing Pokemon. I never played Pokemon, and it's my go to guess when I don't get an animalistic reference.

Can you tell me what the fascination is with MLP? I've never seen an episode, so...

Lastly, welcome to RP! =D Hope you like us :)
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Juggernaut470
Stray
Juggernaut470

noklu wrote
You do not use too many commas. You use just about the right amount for my tastes.

And we have another Australian! Finally! I think there might've been another one at some point, besides myself... but we have more than one now! Hurrah!
Don't you start on the snakes... although, sadly, my resident bluetongue got run over today. Pancaked.

I approve of your position on challenging games. Challenge is great; mindless difficulty is not. I imagine the CoD campaigns have some redeeming features but, for the life of me, I can't name any.

"Ottsels"...guessing Pokemon. I never played Pokemon, and it's my go to guess when I don't get an animalistic reference.

Can you tell me what the fascination is with MLP? I've never seen an episode, so...

Lastly, welcome to RP! =D Hope you like us :)
I don't use too many commas?! HAHA! TAKE THAT EDUCATION SYSTEM!... Ehh, Aussies aren't that common when it comes to games, or the internet overall. And the of the few that are, most don't really advertise that they ARE Australian, as far as they see it they are just another speck of dust on the vast reaches of space that is the internet. Snaaaakes, they are everywhere. Bluetounges, I used to fascinated by them, always wondering why their tongues were blue. To this day I have never found out why.

So far the only redeeming features of the CoD campaign that I have found are, Explosions... And that's it, but even they get boring, but some of the cinematic moments are pretty cool.

Ahh, the Ottsel... Ever heard of the Jak and Daxter games? Well, Daxter is an Ottsel. Half Otter, half Weasel, all attitude.

My fascination with MLP started when I saw a part of an episode with the sound replaced with Guiles Theme... Needless to say, that sparked my intrest, not only because it looked awesome, but the animation work was well done. So I decided to look further, I watched the first... 3 Episodes I think and I got hooked. From there I discovered the Brony fandom, which at the time was barely a year old, but on youtube there were songs and such which I really liked, and alot of the fanart was just superb (of course there were OTHER pieces of art, but lets not go there...). So I searched for a month or so, contemplating wether or not I liked it, and I did. When the show is on its seasonal break, the Fandom continues to grow, and expand on what they had seen in the previous season. Hell, when the show is running the artists are making pictures and remixing the songs from the show. But one of the best things is that the Brony fandom is acceptive. No matter who you are, no matter what you do (to an extent...), you are accepted for being who you are. That sounded alot like my philosophy so I said to myself one day... "I can see myself here, this is what I want to be." And then I was a Brony.

tl;dr For some it's the show, with its story and plot lines, or animation. For others it's the gold the fandom produces. Sometimes both. For alot of us though it's because of the community that was built around the show and the principals upheld by it.

Thank you for the welcome, I'm sure I'll like it here... I hope to be contributing soon... Maybe I use too many fullstops...
GT: Juggernaut470
On ACV, Shotguns and other multi-projectile weapons are my favorites, I also enjoy an Autocannon on occasion... It looks like an earthquake on my side, but hey, it's fun.

Can anyone offer me a spot in an EU team for ACV?
At least, I THINK Australia is in the EU server group.
Might help to add this is for ye olde' Xbox360.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

noklu
Legendary LurkerAdmin.
nokluu
Juggernaut470 wrote
Bluetounges, I used to fascinated by them, always wondering why their tongues were blue. To this day I have never found out why.
Apparently they developed blue tongues as a way to scare off predators. Bright colours are scary in the animal kingdom.

Juggernaut470 wrote
Ahh, the Ottsel... Ever heard of the Jak and Daxter games? Well, Daxter is an Ottsel. Half Otter, half Weasel, all attitude.
Ohhh, okay. Never heard of Jak and Daxter.

Juggernaut470 wrote
tl;dr For some it's the show, with its story and plot lines, or animation. For others it's the gold the fandom produces. Sometimes both. For alot of us though it's because of the community that was built around the show and the principals upheld by it.
That sounds pretty cool, actually.

Juggernaut470 wrote
Thank you for the welcome, I'm sure I'll like it here... I hope to be contributing soon...
I'll be on the look out for you!
Know this and fear.

Reply | Quote | Edit |  

FuN Fortress
Sigma Squadron
FuN Fortress
noklu wrote
And we have another Australian!
I completely forgot that you were Australian, Noklu. For a while I just didn't have an angle on your voice, and thought that you were literally from the internet, or something.

Anyway, good to have another addition to the forums. I don't really have anything else that constructive to say here, as I'm a mapper myself as opposed to an AC player. Anyway (again), have a good one around here.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

noklu
Legendary LurkerAdmin.
nokluu
FuN Fortress wrote
I completely forgot that you were Australian, Noklu. For a while I just didn't have an angle on your voice, and thought that you were literally from the internet, or something.
Sometimes I think I'm literally from the internet, too.

Man, I've lost grip on so many people's voices.
Know this and fear.