Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I've been Caught! My Mind is BlowingUp! &More

WolfpackDragon
Administrator
This post was updated on .

Hello everyone, long time no talk.

Noklu noticed my sneaky ninja face on the bump thread so I figured it was time to stop lurking. I've been trying to get the feel for the forums before I posted again and I thought I may have another day but I have been caught. Moving right along- my mind has been blowing up for the past couple of days in terms of what I should say. There are so many things that I want to post about asap like: Pokemon, League of Legends, The Nipple Piercing Incident, The New(er) Admin, Music, Halo 4, Spam No More, and why I left... To name a few. First things first though; I want to address one topic... well two actually now that I think about it.

1. SORRY!

My apologies for leaving without saying anything. I have personal reasons for leaving but I still should have said something. From what I have gathered you guys were quite confused about that when it came to the next batch of promotions. I'll get more into that another time.

2. Last Dead

This one can't exactly wait for me to get the right words since it's on a time limit, forgive me if I mis-phrase something. In no way do I want to offend or be all BLEH!

I understand that you guys are finally doing some demotions. Now I'm not saying I am here to stay or that I want to retain everything I have-I would actually be a bit disappointed in you guys if I didn't get demoted after its a year over due. I would actually like to extend my services. I still have admin powers for some reason and I was wondering if you guys would like me to do the demotions?

This would Include my own full demotion of course-I was always curious as to what would happen if I did that. I feel like I should do one last thing for the site to make up for the fact that I didn't fulfill my role as an admin. If you guys don't think its a good idea for whatever reason I completely understand. I was inactive for over a year after all. Let me know if you are busy or lazy. I don't judge!

Anyways,

that's the main little tidbits I wanted to get of my mind today. I don't know exactly how active I will be now but I am (kinda) back for awhile at least. I'll make a few posts here and there regarding the topics I mentioned before. And yes, there will be full details to all of them. Sorry for the wall of text.
EDIT: Should this be in Serious Discussions?
 I don't know what to put on here so I will just say Hi. HI! Also, I'm Maximo Vara and I'm 90%ish certain that I approve of this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I've been Caught! My Mind is BlowingUp! &More

Sash
Administrator
Nah, you're good in intro if you're re-introducing yourself.

None of this pertains to me, so I'll let Noklu and DJ give their regards in due time.
Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.
Reply | Threaded
|

WolfpackDragon
Administrator
Hmm, that's what I thought. I just wasn't too sure since 90% is other stuff. Only the start is really reintroducing. Either way, Congrats on becoming an Admin!
 I don't know what to put on here so I will just say Hi. HI! Also, I'm Maximo Vara and I'm 90%ish certain that I approve of this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

GodlyPerfection
Administrator
In reply to this post by WolfpackDragon
I think you are fine in staying in an admin role. Your personality obviously hasn't changed and we all find time when we have it. I haven't exactly been active either as I've been putting a lot of work into the new Aggro Tactics. Perhaps you'll be around for that in a month or two. :) It is feeling sooo good.

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
Reply | Threaded
|

CuPantz
Hey wolfpack! Wow it's been a while I miss the days when I was active all the time how you been? This weekend I hope I have some time on my hands to catch up on everything as it's been over a year I think
Reply | Threaded
|

Nein!

WolfpackDragon
Administrator

Wait... What? Are you serious? NO! Bad Godly! BAD!

I mean, it's been a year. I am going to feel weird as all hell if I come back and I'm still an admin. Not to mention the fact that it makes it okay for other people to be inactive out of nowhere and come back with no foul. On top of that, I don't even know if I am going to stay active and this almost forces me to do so which makes me not want to because psychology and stuff (it's true, I'm taking psychology-more on that later). What happens if I go missing again? If you say you are going to punish people a certain way, you have to follow through; You lose all credibility and power over people if you don't. No one should be above the law in any way. In no way is this right.

OR are you saying that I keep admin powers but I get demoted in every other way? Or maybe you are saying admin in the future? Or that.... I don't even know. I'm so confused... The more I type the more I understand why you say this; however. regardless of if I am right for the job or not, I do not deserve to keep it. I clearly broke the rule all admins have agreed upon. This, of course, includes you. Don't discredit one of the few rules RP needs to function properly just to please me or keep me.

All that being said, how's the baby!?
Reply | Threaded
|

GodlyPerfection
Administrator
WolfpackDragon wrote

Wait... What? Are you serious? NO! Bad Godly! BAD!

I mean, it's been a year. I am going to feel weird as all hell if I come back and I'm still an admin. Not to mention the fact that it makes it okay for other people to be inactive out of nowhere and come back with no foul. On top of that, I don't even know if I am going to stay active and this almost forces me to do so which makes me not want to because psychology and stuff (it's true, I'm taking psychology-more on that later). What happens if I go missing again? If you say you are going to punish people a certain way, you have to follow through; You lose all credibility and power over people if you don't. No one should be above the law in any way. In no way is this right.

OR are you saying that I keep admin powers but I get demoted in every other way? Or maybe you are saying admin in the future? Or that.... I don't even know. I'm so confused... The more I type the more I understand why you say this; however. regardless of if I am right for the job or not, I do not deserve to keep it. I clearly broke the rule all admins have agreed upon. This, of course, includes you. Don't discredit one of the few rules RP needs to function properly just to please me or keep me.

All that being said, how's the baby!?
What rule? Being a member is a privilege, however being an Admin is a responsibility. Too completely different things. You will more than likely always be fit for the responsibility once you've earned it. You'd lose your portfolio/member status, but keep the responsibilities of admin considering once you've been trusted with the power and have proven that trust was well deserved, then it stays. Mainly because so few people are fit to take on the responsibilities of an "admin".

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dj7291993
Administrator
I don't have time for a full response right now, but I'll say a couple things real quick.

First, welcome back!

Second, for a while, I think all of the admins were gone.  noklu and I were both lurking on and off, but we weren't "active" by any means (myself to a greater extent than noklu in the inactive part).  Godly's been busy with programming and such, Cobb had disappeared until we lured him back with a couple of bugs (you know he can't resist some good code related problem-solving).  So, you're not the only one to disappear.  While I agree with your stance on the membership standardization, if you are back when we give the warning, you receive the same opportunity to return as everyone else.  Whether you've been gone longer isn't really relevant, as you were still contained in this round's list of potential demotion candidates.  So, if you show back up, we keep you active for now, unless you choose to leave again.  In that case, you would be put in the appropriate demotion list, given the opportunity to come back once more, and if you didn't, you would be demoted.  Simple as that.

Besides, you were an admin here, you know we don't have very many actual "rules".  They're mostly guidelines.  ;)  We still take everyone's membership on a case-by-case basis, be it promotion or demotion.   We won't give you special treatment because of who you are, but we still take more into account than post count.

I think this post counts as an intro, so we can leave it here.

Also, @noklu, it drives me nuts that you didn't capitalize your name.  It's fine, until I have to put it at the beginning of a sentence, where I am conflicted with maintaining  the name's case, or following the general rules of a sentence.  :/

~Josh Hollinrake, Dj7291993

Email Me - Admin Message Box - My Portfolio

"Dreamers Dream, Doers Do, Achievers Achieve, But Champions Do It ALL." ~The Goads

"A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances." ~James Allen (As a Man Thinketh)

Reply | Threaded
|

WolfpackDragon
Administrator
I see, so that is in fact what you meant. I was under the impression that keeping Admin meant keeping everything. That in turn meant my inactivity went unpunished. I jumped the gun in that regard. Even so, it's weird.

But moving on from that, you avoided the most important part of that post. How's your baby? :D

Sorry Cupantz, totally ignored you. My bad. I look forward to hearing from you this weekend
Reply | Threaded
|

GodlyPerfection
Administrator
WolfpackDragon wrote
I see, so that is in fact what you meant. I was under the impression that keeping Admin meant keeping everything. That in turn meant my inactivity went unpunished. I jumped the gun in that regard. Even so, it's weird.

But moving on from that, you avoided the most important part of that post. How's your baby? :D

Sorry Cupantz, totally ignored you. My bad. I look forward to hearing from you this weekend
Lucas is good... and he's a pimp (see below, halloween last year). He is standing on his own in the middle of the floor now and he'll be walking in no time. 19 months of age... time flies man.

Reply | Threaded
|

noklu
Administrator

Welcome back

WolfpackDragon wrote
   Noklu noticed my sneaky ninja face on the bump thread so I figured it was time to stop lurking.
I see everything.

WolfpackDragon wrote
There are so many things that I want to post about asap like: Pokemon, League of Legends, The Nipple Piercing Incident, The New(er) Admin, Music, Halo 4, Spam No More, and why I left...
Now's your chance. GOGOGO! Can you do a summary in less than 25 words? And then go make your more detailed threads ;)

Dj7291993 wrote
Second, for a while, I think all of the admins were gone.  noklu and I were both lurking on and off, but we weren't "active" by any means (myself to a greater extent than noklu in the inactive part).  Godly's been busy with programming and such, Cobb had disappeared until we lured him back with a couple of bugs (you know he can't resist some good code related problem-solving).  So, you're not the only one to disappear.  While I agree with your stance on the membership standardization, if you are back when we give the warning, you receive the same opportunity to return as everyone else.  Whether you've been gone longer isn't really relevant, as you were still contained in this round's list of potential demotion candidates.  So, if you show back up, we keep you active for now, unless you choose to leave again.  In that case, you would be put in the appropriate demotion list, given the opportunity to come back once more, and if you didn't, you would be demoted.  Simple as that.

Besides, you were an admin here, you know we don't have very many actual "rules".  They're mostly guidelines.  ;)  We still take everyone's membership on a case-by-case basis, be it promotion or demotion.   We won't give you special treatment because of who you are, but we still take more into account than post count.
This is exactly how it's working. Note, Wolf, if you maintain activity, you maintain full membership. It's not just a matter of posting a return thread and nothing else (as someone else has done). All those who have "returned" in some manner will get judged on a case-by-case basis, including you. You may not lose your full membership, or you may not: this pro/demotion round is a special case. Everyone who passes the "returning" bar get an equal pardon from demotion.

There was a point in time where we were going to remove your and Nik's admin privileges for professionalism's sake, but we were working on other stuff at the time and it wasn't a priority. We place no compulsion on you to remain here due to your admin responsibilities. They are very loose responsibilities. You get certain powers and you get certain expectations (don't be immature) which, if you are an admin, you can meet anyway! The responsibility isn't that of a 9-5 office job. In any case, admin powers are GP's decision, so if he'd like you to stay on, then you stay on. Of course, you can decide as well. If you choose otherwise, then that will take precedence.

Dj7291993 wrote
Also, @noklu, it drives me nuts that you didn't capitalize your name.  It's fine, until I have to put it at the beginning of a sentence, where I am conflicted with maintaining  the name's case, or following the general rules of a sentence.  :/
*cackles gleefully*

GodlyPerfection wrote
Lucas is good... and he's a pimp (see below, halloween last year). He is standing on his own in the middle of the floor now and he'll be walking in no time. 19 months of age... time flies man.
Holy firecracker in a rabbit hole! A very dapper young gentleman, he is.
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
Reply | Threaded
|

WolfpackDragon
Administrator
OMG! He looks great! I bet he was getting all the lady babies with that suit.

I never got an answer on my helping btw. Should I be doing that now or is there someone else doing it already? I forgot it was Febuary and that its a short month. Sorry for the lateness of addressing that issue.

Reply | Threaded
|

FuN Fortress
Hey, good to see you again, Wolfpack. Glad to see that you'll be getting more active around here. You haven't exactly missed too much, not like too many here in the old Halo crew have been too active as well, it's mostly been ACV from what I could glean from poking around from time to time. I'm just now getting more active myself.
Reply | Threaded
|

MythicFritz
I only check in on the Halo threads nowadays and totally missed out on all the sentimentality in here! Glad to see you're alive Wolfpack. Welcome!

And Godly, Lucas is so cute! That's a great picture. You know I have to show off mine now though
Reply | Threaded
|

GodlyPerfection
Administrator
Dude your kid is fucking adorable. :)

Reply | Threaded
|

MadGeaR
I can hear "WTH did you post in your old @$$ forums, old man???" 12 years from now! XD

Anyway, I might have talked to you before or not, but you have my respect, fellow drifter :}
Light shines the brightest
At the heart of darkness