classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Impact lighting

MrSaddo
Mid forge on my first halo 4 map, the dynamic lighting on Impact stopped working. I'm sure you are all aware of this, but I wonder if anyone has any further insight on whether the lighting fail is based on number of objects, complexity of shapes or whatever.

Do certain objects strain the lighting engine more than others? It could be easily tested by spamming the same object until the lighting fails. That should give an idea which ones strain it most. We could all tests a few objects each maybe?
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Impact lighting

GodlyPerfection
Administrator
Nobody is for certain about what causes it yet. Most think it is complexity of objects, some thing it is complexity of shadows, etc. I haven't run into this problem and my map is at 9000+ budget on Ravine.

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Impact lighting

MrSaddo
In reply to this post by MrSaddo
I ran into it at less than $4500 on Impact. I had used lots of the station corridor sections, several UNSC 2 story/1 story buildings. I suspect the only way to test will be to spam objects until the lighting fails.

I'll test the Impact pieces tomorrow and post the results. Maybe some other people can test others. Also it might be worth comparing the same pieces on the various canvas maps.