*Important* Domain Issues

Posted by GodlyPerfection GodlyPerfection  
Report Content as Inappropriate
      Options
Just a heads up... I set the RP domain name "www.reachingperfection.com" to auto renew. I've recently hit a financial issue that won't be fixed for a week or two. As a result I am unable to push through the mere $10 for the domain renewal because of stupid reasons. So if the site goes down then please hold tight and don't forget RP. I will get it back up as soon as I have everything sorted out. If the site does go down I will miss you guys and see you when I have everything fixed. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Love you guys. :)

-GP

8 Comments

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
DavidJCobb DavidJCobb
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

Re: *Important* Domain Issues

This post was updated on .
I don't know if this will work, guys, but you can try accessing the site via this URL once the domain name dies:

http://godlyperfection.blogspot.com/p/forum.html
http://reaching-perfection.974233.n3.nabble.com/

Right now, those redirect to our domain name. When the domain name goes down, I will look into turning that redirect off, allowing direct access to the blog and forums. I'm not on 24/7, guys, so it won't be instantaneous; check every day or two.
noklu noklu
Reply | Threaded
|  

What's the stupid financial issue?

Edit: Also, perhaps we should include this as a header at the top of the main forum, in lieu of the current haiku? And maybe there could be an announcement on the blog page for those who do not engage with the forums, but just the blog.
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
Soladrin Soladrin
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by GodlyPerfection
I can donate a few bucks if needed?
DavidJCobb DavidJCobb
Reply | Threaded
|  

Soladrin wrote
I can donate a few bucks if needed?
It's my understanding that the problem isn't in obtaining money, but rather in getting it to where it needs to go.
EarlyExecuter EarlyExecuter
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by DavidJCobb
DavidJCobb wrote
I don't know if this will work, guys, but you can try accessing the site via this URL once the domain name dies:

http://godlyperfection.blogspot.com/p/forum.html
http://reaching-perfection.974233.n3.nabble.com/

Right now, those redirect to our domain name. When the domain name goes down, I will look into turning that redirect off, allowing direct access to the blog and forums. I'm not on 24/7, guys, so it won't be instantaneous; check every day or two.
The forum's are powered by nabble right? As long as you have the link to which you embedded on this site, it should still work. You would just have access to the forum and not the site itself. The blog on the other hand, if it is powered by blogger than I doubt you will see it when the site goes down with that link.
Brandon - GT : EarlyExecuter
What I do - I'm a Minigame Creator and Conventional Map Creator.

Need testing on a map or gametype? Just ask me =)

Don't be serious! Have fun!

Do the world a favor by not drinking and driving, nor texting and driving. You save lives every day.
R.I.P Lyla <3 - 16/06/11 - Accident : Drunk Driver hit our car.
DavidJCobb DavidJCobb
Reply | Threaded
|  

EarlyExecuter wrote
The forum's are powered by nabble right? As long as you have the link to which you embedded on this site, it should still work. You would just have access to the forum and not the site itself. The blog on the other hand, if it is powered by blogger than I doubt you will see it when the site goes down with that link.
The forums are set to forcibly redirect to the forum page on reachingperfection.com, to enforce the forums being a part of the main site rather than being standalone. If the domain goes down, I'll disable that redirect, but it may take time for me to get to it. The situation is the same for the blog, except that Blogger might be "smart" enough (for want of a better word) to automatically disable the redirect once the domain dies.
GodlyPerfection GodlyPerfection
Reply | Threaded
|  

Well the good news is everything was sorted out properly. Thanks for everyone's concern and offers of help and suggestions. ;) You guys rock. I'll move this to the announcement archive soon.

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
noklu noklu
Reply | Threaded
|  

Awesome.
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.