classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Introductions FAQ

noklu
Administrator

Who are you? Why are you here? What does it mean to be? You can answer these fundamental questions of identity and existence here.

Nearly every forum has some version of an Introductions sub-forum. It's where you can, yes, you guessed it, introduce yourself to the community and, in turn, get introduced to the community. For the best results, you'll want to actually introduce yourself, rather than just starting a thread named "Hi" with the word "Hello" in it. We want to know about you, not just say "Hi" and "Welcome". Here's some questions to start you off:

• Why did you choose your username?
  • Where are you from? Do you like it there?
  • What career would you love to have? If you already have it, then tell us how you got there.
  • What's your opinion on game design or philosophy of design, if you have one?
  • How did you find this site?
  • Scrunch or fold?
  • What's one thing you want to change and why?
  • Finally, what is your opinion of otters?

How does this place work?

Glad you asked! We've been putting together FAQs like this one all across the forums. Your best bet is to head over to the Main FAQ Hub, which contains links to every single FAQ in the forum. It contains everything you need to know about this forum. If you want to start figuring out this place, that's the place to go. I suggest reading the posts on etiquette, membership, and how to get the most out of your time here. There's also a neat Tips and Tricks post, with tips like:

• Subscribe to threads and sub-forums with email notifications to avoid missing out,
  • how to best get a response to your question or thread,
  • and where to find the silliest fun in town (or at least, in RP)

I've introduced myself. Now what?

Welcome other people! Say hello, ask questions, and engage with other people. There'll always be someone to welcome people, because we're a nice lot like that, but that doesn't mean you can't take an interest in other people, too! After that, you can go your own way. Check out these places to go:

And don't forget to enjoy yourself!
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.