March Promotion Round

Posted by noklu noklu
      Options
For many of you, this will be your first promotion round ever. It's actually my first time doing the promotion round write-up, actually, so we are in the same boat. All the previous ones, which date back from the start of the forums in 2010 til the end of 2011, were done by admins other than myself.

We have a good large batch of promotions - eleven in total - which were decided on by all the admins. I can tell you that there was some intense discussion going on behind those closed doors. Here's a good, inspiring snippet:
Dj7291993 wrote
A community is different. Anyone is welcome. You become a part of the community by being there, by giving back. In the beginning, you will probably end up taking far more than you give. You ask a lot of questions, and the information you do have to give, you may not quite be comfortable with yet. But as you become established, you begin to cross the threshold. You go from the "how can this help me" mentality, to "how can I help" mentality. You start answering people's questions, giving feedback, actively engaging in conversations. (It's kinda like when you go to visit family that you don't see very often. You start out feeling welcome, but still kinda awkward. By the end though, you feel just as much a part of the family as anyone else.) And you try to make any new people feel welcome. You want to see the community grow.

So, when does someone go from being a part of our community to being a member of our community? I feel it is when you see them start to cross that line. When they start to enter the stage of giving back, being helpful, welcoming new people. When they break through the awkward stage (hard to explain, but I think you know what I'm talking about). It doesn't necessarily mean that we like them, it doesn't mean they are the nicest people. I know you don't really know much of him, but the others should remember MythicFritz. He could be a royal jerk sometimes, wasn't afraid to tell it to you strait, yet no one would have said he shouldn't have been a member. Just because someone is a little rough, doesn't mean they shouldn't be recognized. Sometimes you need people like that to keep you from straying from your purpose.
Without further ado, I give you:

Member Promotions for March

We recognise the members above for their engagement and contribution to the community. Thank you for chilling around here! But it's not just hot air you get: you guys gain additional privileges: moderation abilities and a portfolio.

Your moderation ability is a very simple but effective power: moving posts and threads. If a thread or post is in the wrong place, you can move it to the right place. If a post is spam, abusive, or otherwise against the rules, you can move it to the Recycle Bin. How do you move threads? Simple: at the top right of every post or thread is either a "More" or "Options" button, respectively. Click that button, and then click "Move". You get taken to a new screen with an input field that you need to fill with the destination permalink. In a new tab, navigate to the desired destination and, again, in the top right, is a button that says "Permalink". Click that, copy the link, paste it in the input field and move the post! All done. If you think a post is in the wrong place or breaches the rules but don't know what to do about it, drop us a line in the Admin Message Box

The real interesting part is your portfolio. This is your very own space to show off your works and ideas. You can find your portfolio at those links on your names, above, or under Member Portfolios. Only portfolio owners may create threads in their portfolios. It is especially important because it is the only place on the forums where you may post finished content. For designers: that's the only place you can post your work - but unfinished work can go in Serious Discussion for critique. For Halo players: that's the only place you can post your maps - but unfinished maps can go in the Halo subforum for feedback. For AC V players: that's the only place you can post your mech builds - but unfinished mechs can go in the AC V subforum for review. For anything that's not designs, maps, or mechs, the same rule applies. Make good use of the portfolios. I want to see some awesome stuff!

Retirements

Some members gain full membership through activity. Others lose it through inactivity. That's life. We have a Membership FAQ where you can find all about it.

I won't detail who are gone. They've been gone for a long time: this promotion round is covering a lot of unswept ground.

Onwards and Upwards

Say congratulations to the new set of promoted members, make sure to check out their portfolios, and bug them to post stuff in there if they haven't already. I suggest that they all create a personal message box so people can do that.

8 Comments

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
Sash Sash
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: March Promotion Round

'Grats guys, be sure to stay prominent members of the community! See you around the forums.
Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.
Dj7291993 Dj7291993
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by noklu
Lol, guess part of my "wall of text" made it into the announcement.  Congratulations guys!  Hope to see you around the forum.

Now, like noklu said, go put awesome stuff in your portfolio!  And remember, it doesn't have to be game-related.  It's your space, you can put whatever you want there (within reason, of course).

~Josh Hollinrake, Dj7291993

Email Me - Admin Message Box - My Portfolio

"Dreamers Dream, Doers Do, Achievers Achieve, But Champions Do It ALL." ~The Goads

"A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances." ~James Allen (As a Man Thinketh)

The Pink Princess! The Pink Princess!
Reply | Threaded
|

YAY! ~ ^-^b
I'm definitely going to add "stuff" onto my portfolio tomorrow or the day after then.

ArmoredCoreNetwork Twitter: @KronikSilver78 Skype: thepinkprincess78 GrandMaster: Heavy Reverse Joint

photo rsz_resized2.jpg

XachAttack XachAttack
Reply | Threaded
|

W-Wow o.o I just now noticed this and I'm pretty shocked to find my name up there lol. I've never done anything like this, but I'll try my best!
It's go time!
w2427_ w2427_
Reply | Threaded
|

Sun is up there....... wow............... /(_ _
 photo 1_04_01_08_5_23_56_8edit_zpsd2824e85.jpg
Zombified Panda Zombified Panda
Reply | Threaded
|

lol i never had a problem with mythicfritz, but anyways congrats everyone!
MythicFritz MythicFritz
Reply | Threaded
|

Is there another MythicFritz around here ruining my good name! Have out with him and I will critique him to death!
GodlyPerfection GodlyPerfection
Reply | Threaded
|

I've always had a problem with you bro. :P lol... j/k love you man

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.