classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Metropolis

St0n3DxAs545siN
This post was updated on .
This map took a lot of time and work (which is why i like this map so much) to make. Its a 4v4 or 8-player FFA map, can be used with MOST of the gametypes. Theres like 2 maybe 3 gametypes it cant be with (juggernaut [unless its same as infection spawn points] invasion ofcourse.. and maybe somethin else)

I submitted it to the forgetacular contest cuz my goal as a map designer is to get atleast one of my maps into matchmaking, cuz i just think that would be SO cool! But honostly (dont no if i spelled that right) i dont think this will get into matchmaking cuz its my first map ive tried to get into matchmaking and usually the first one doesnt go to well.

Though my negativity in that last comment doesnt mean i think its a bad map, i love it, and all my friends i played it with loved it too! I would love if you get a group of 8 friends (i would love to come play it with you if you do this) and play this map in whatever ur fav gametype is.. my favorite is objective game types so i recomend like neutral flag or stockpile assault, and headhunter is really fun too! though headhunter is all around awesome.

Please download and tell me how u like it!

Metropolis File Set (has bunch of screenshots and video play for forgetacular contest

Forge is the Best!!! Add me if you want a beast forging friend :D

Also check out my cool forums that you can share your maps youv'e made to people and make really cool friends at:
Reach for Supremacy

File Share Link

Visit my Portfolio!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Metropolis

Osl112
It was fun looking/playing/testing this map today. Its simple layout was great and although finding the key weapons took some time, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The many angles and each little cranny made the gameplay aspect different and it was notable that no place had an overall advantage (such as the vent at the top of Swords Base). All key areas had some disadvantage and it encourages team play.

Looking back over it, there is a lack of need to go into the central area. There is no incentive to go into the middle grassy area; I myself felt no need and always stuck to the two towers to get to the top walkways and the bunkers.

However, there is little more I could critique. I think this is an excellent map and I can't wait to play this in a big team battle game.
Osl112

Competitive Maps:
Devotion
- Small symmetrical competitive map in a fortified house of worship.
Descent
- Declining symmetrical conquest map.

Casual Maps:
(The) Awesome Waterslide
- Extremely casual map, over 25k dls!

Portfolio Link
Reply | Threaded
|

FuN Fortress
Just downloaded the map, and I'll give it a try. Looking at the map I can tell that the 'areas' of the map are well-defined, and easily-accessible from other areas. In short, the flow looks nice and the symmetry is set up well. One thing I can say, however, from looking at the screenshots, is that the area hanging off the edge of the cliff feels a little 'long' with not enough 'in between' stuff from one end to the other. I see myself with a flag (or a bomb) struggling to make a run from one end to the other without being picked off. Although I suppose I will have to play the map to see if that's the case or not.

Otherwise, good work on the map.
Reply | Threaded
|

St0n3DxAs545siN
thanks for the good comments and critique (if thats the word)

and FuN Fortress try this for ur fail link lol:

"Watering Hole V2"

Also check out my cool forums that you can share your maps youv'e made to people and make really cool friends at:
Reach for Supremacy

File Share Link

Visit my Portfolio!
Reply | Threaded
|

St0n3DxAs545siN
uh.. well i was write but lemme try spacin it out...

a href="your link"              >name of whatever you wanna call it</a

do it like that... but ofcourse no spaces and before the "a href" add a <

after the last a add a >

Reach for Supremacy

File Share Link

Visit my Portfolio!
Reply | Threaded
|

FuN Fortress
In reply to this post by St0n3DxAs545siN
Thanks for the help with the link :p

Just got done with a runthrough of your map. I have to say that it's well-built, I like the overhang off of the cliff, although I felt no real need to visit it in a gametype such as CTF, or 2-bomb Assault. During gametypes such as those I felt that my objective was very close to me and that I had no real motivation to become sidetracked and visit the overhang.

However

That area of the map works very well in games like Neutral Assault, Head Hunter, KotH and the like, as you could have the neutral bomb or hill up on the overhang.

Great map design overall though, clever use of some of the building objects such as the round bunkers (the way you inverted them turning them upside down).
Reply | Threaded
|

St0n3DxAs545siN
and for your link the "your link" you can take the quotations off of the really left and really right of that code.. it was hard for me to tell you the code without actually making the code if you know what i mean... its 3:30 in the morning cant really think of how to word my words right now.

Reach for Supremacy

File Share Link

Visit my Portfolio!
Reply | Threaded
|

Jonzorz 124
The critiques sound good and judging by the overview screenshots it looks like neutral flag would play well on it.
  I've got it queued to download and ill definitely check it out when I sign on later.
Reply | Threaded
|

St0n3DxAs545siN
Awesome! and i dont think ive added u on xbox yet! :o

Reach for Supremacy

File Share Link

Visit my Portfolio!