classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
 |  5 messages Options
Reply | Quote | Edit |  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Mobile app/mobile version

JayVeeEf
NBK
JayVeeEf
I know when I first started frequenting this site I spoke with godly about mobile compatibility issues. To make this short, RP is not the worst non-mobile site I have used but that doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't have mobile issues. I was curious if the design team could begin to consider a mobile app or creating a mobile version of the website to help accommodate the ever growing number of mobile users. I know myself, and probably many others, use there phone for the majority of there Internet browsing and it makes it a less enjoying experience to have to navigate a non-mobile site.

If this has already been brought up and I missed the topic I apologize.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Re: Mobile app/mobile version

DavidJCobb
RP Tech Admin
DavidJCobb
Nabble's staff are working on an overhaul of their forum architecture, and they currently plan to support mobile out-of-the-box. There's no concrete release date, but I'd rather wait for them to handle the mobile end of things, as I don't have very much experience in that area.

Once that new architecture launches, I'll likely focus on porting the current enhancements we have (portfolio management, user profiles, et cetera) to it. Once that's done, I'll switch Reaching Perfection to the new architecture, at which point you'll likely notice a big improvement in mobile functionality (assuming Nabble staff are able to deliver on the planned mobile support). If, at that point, you still have mobile issues, feel free to post another thread or otherwise inform the RP admins, and I can see what I can do then.

I know this probably isn't ideal, in that you (and others on mobile) will be kept waiting for an indeterminate but probably long time, but there will likely be better results if Nabble handles the bulk of the mobile-related development.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

JayVeeEf
NBK
JayVeeEf
That's understandable, especially if you don't have much experience with it. It had just been a while since I asked so I figured I would ask again. It's manageable to deal with but it truly is a giant pain having the site crash right in the middle of a long reply to a thread, or freezing up for a few seconds here and there as well as other small things. I've been using this site for about a year now so I've dealt with it this long I'm sure I can deal till something happens. Thanks for the reply.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

noklu
Legendary LurkerAdmin.
nokluu
While the Nabble forums are incredibly versatile, there's only so much Cobb can a) feasibly do within its architecture and b) feasibly do within his time constraints. As it stands, he does a splendid job. I know it sucks to have to deal with crashes and bugs and other problems, but we don't have any manageable way of dealing with the issue until the Nabble update comes out and if that is fine and dandy for mobile browsing.
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

JayVeeEf
NBK
JayVeeEf
Sounds good. Like I said I've dealt this long I can deal for a while longer. I actually haven't had any problems the past couple days so fingers crossed my good luck keeps up. Hopefully one day I'll get my mobile version :-P thanks for the information.