classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

My new, nameless map.

Raccooninator
This post was updated on .
If anyone is around that would be available to check out my new map that I'm still in creation of, add my GT and come join me.

Ideas are appreciated. Just slowly adding in things, piece by piece, at the moment.

EDIT: Long read ahead. 

Okay, I have currently been using a cleaned map of Tempest (From the DLC Noble Map Pack) for my new map, which is as of now unnamed.

For those that do not have the map, and would be unsure of what it looks like... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aasTSmOF0VU This is a fly-through of the map, as well as the heatmap listed below. (Heatmap credits go to the Bungie site where I obtained the image.)

Red Vs. Blue

Now, I have a base on each side of the map adjacent to where the original ones are in normal gameplay. One will be represented by red- on the river side of the map, and one represented by blue- the ocean side of the map. Each base is moderately large, and practically an original shape. On top are sniper platforms, with supporting beams you can use to walk up to the front ends of them. Between the beams on top of the front/ramp area is a gatling warthog that can be used for defense as well as offense or transport. I've yet to place weapons on the map, but thats coming soon.

Black/Green Areas of Diagram

You may be wondering what the black lines, and the two green circles are for. The straight black lines going horizontal through the map is actuall a ramp that goes uphill from both sides, conjoining to create a dish shaped area of sorts, with an overhead ceiling. This is to be the focal part of the map, as it will be where the neutral bomb spawns, king of the hill area, and a primary viewpoint for killing.

The green circles are more or less an experiment. I had a thought of using artillery via non-vehicular means, and create a box on each green circle. Each has an open front with a man cannon attached, aimed towards the center of the map- aka the dish area. A sender node behind the boxes lead to receivers inside, to act like a "door" of sorts.

I blocked the front part of each box enough to prevent escape, so it's a one way trip. You're pretty much a sitting duck until you're killed, but you may irritate the opposition or even help kill enough to make it worth it. Four grenades spawn inside, excluding the two you naturally (may) spawn with, allowing up to 6 grenades to be thrown outside or into the cannon to push them into oncoming enemies in the hill area, until they come back.

The grenades are set on a 15 second scale. One is 15 to respawn, two are 30, and another is at 45.

Vehicles/Map Features

I'll also be finding a place for a ghost to spawn behind each base, as well as a mongoose or two. I'm considering scorpions, or perhaps wraiths or revenants, but its unlikely I'll be adding them as they may throw off the balance I have in mind for the map.

Also, as a sort of personal quirk of mine...I love playing games, especially things like Halo where I can create, that allow in game manipulation and moving of objects. Reach kind of changed from Halo 3 in that respect, as normal items just...sit still. BUT, I figured out I could have fusion coils spawn to where they'd fall in the center of the map on certain timers, not only providing occasional usefulness in tactics and even deterrents from certain paths, but adding sort of a booming ambient effect to even further simulate a wartime environment. Get your blood pumpin', if you will.

For right now, that is pretty much what my thoughts are, and I'll be doing even more as time goes on. Just going to fix it bit by bit until I'm done, with big building sprees in the mix. Opinions are welcome, the well delivered ones anyhow...and hope you have sort of an idea (Whoever actually made it through that mountain of text...) what my map is like/and will be like.

UPDATE: I have added some basic weapons, along with another base and fortification on each side of the map.

As for a description of the new updates... The black line at north and south base symbolize a wall, that is open on either side, and the "perch" in the back, which has a small bridge leading up to it. The triangle on east ocean and west river are shooting platforms with cover-without a top, with a mounted gatling in each. I may add the cover ones instead, but for now this is how it'll be.

Added snipers on East/West (Hereby to be referenced as e/w), on the sniper platform on the bases. Warthogs are the dark brown blots above west red, and below east blue. The pink near where the rocket normally spawns on default Tempest, is each team's ghosts. The lighter brown lines (Harder to see on each side, but there are two per side), are mongooses.

I decided to put a rocket one each side in the default position, but with only 2 rockets each and a long ass timer, in the nearbasebridgebuilding, now to be called nbbb for simplicity. -_-

The black open box on ne/sw are bunkers with grenade launchers. (That last defense for a flag runner getting away in a vehicle, or that offense to break down the opposition.)

Added a dmr on each side, on the rock in front of each green grenade bunker. Needle rifles at the beginning of the ramps. (Not sure how useful those will be on this map until playtesting more.)

Needler in the default position again, near under south black, and above north black on the bridging.

Opened up the center to be more useful for firefighting/vehicle pass throughs. May fix it to be even more open.

Added a bridge from north-south base, passing into the dish in the center above the ( ).

Man cannons at N/S base that perfectly launch onto the bridges.

Updates complete ! (Albeit a bit descriptive...)
GT: Si1ent Raccoon ---Add me up anytime for forging/customs/matchmaking for Reach or Halo 4~
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: My new, nameless map.

Raccooninator
Map Needs, Ideas, Etc.

Need a deterrent away from circling the map and gathering ammo constantly.

Perhaps
 a small bunker place in each big cave.

More DMR's, Needle Rifles, assault rifles, pistols. Couple p.P's as well.

Focus Rifle- Added, in the center of the map.

Scorpions/wraiths? Maybe- with the new map center layout a scorpion may be viable to have near the backbase areas on e/w bases.

HEALTH PACKS!

More grenades across the map, perhaps.

Need to take care of business, everyday.

Work overtime.

GT: Si1ent Raccoon ---Add me up anytime for forging/customs/matchmaking for Reach or Halo 4~
Reply | Threaded
|

Raccooninator
Just a post to remind myself about the map, next I'm able to forge.

Been moving the past couple weeks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Raccooninator
In reply to this post by Raccooninator
I'll be getting a new 360 within the next month or so, coming on here to remind myself and say that I'll be working in forge yet again whenever I have time available!
Reply | Threaded
|

Raccooninator
I'm staying too busy lately to play any 360, but I'll be back on here eventually when I actually [i]get[/i] one, and have the time to play it. Promise. ;x
Reply | Threaded
|

MythicFritz
I expect to see you on Halo 4 sir
Reply | Threaded
|

Raccooninator
I will be getting my slim system this coming month. Birthday gift from me to me, ha ha!

I'll be on Halo 4 as soon as I purchase it, but I'll definitely be on Halo reach kicking the dust off.

Your name is familiar. Did we ever used to play bud?