Need help!! Cant get parts from shop in Armored Core V!!?!!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Need help!! Cant get parts from shop in Armored Core V!!?!!

Jin-Roh
I've done my search. ok here's my background...

I'm a fan. bought Armored Core V for my XBox 360 in 2012. Had to stop playing, after one or two missions because of work...I've decided to start again after browsing some youtube videos days ago.... and  I realise that the servers are closed! I've grinded for some credits and wanna get some parts from shop, but it says there are no parts in the shop?

What can I do? I do intend on playing verdict day... but i'd like to hone my skills first on Armored Core V, it's quite ridiculous really if I cant continue and finish the missions on armored core V because of the shop to buy offline parts isnt working....
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Need help!! Cant get parts from shop in Armored Core V!!?!!

Sash
Administrator
You literally can't use the shop?!

I haven't a clue what would cause that to happen. However, it may have something to do with your offline/online team status.

In ACV, your ability to get parts from the shop is based upon your team rank. You'll have to level up to 50 to unlock everything, regardless of your offline/online status.

I hope that helps, but otherwise I don't know what to tell you. Best of luck.
Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Jin-Roh
my ofline team level rank has been increasing... it is now 16.

But the thing is, before, I could see a huge number of parts in the past (2012) in the shop
Reply | Threaded
|  

Jin-Roh
In reply to this post by Sash
Thanks Sash,   anyone can chime in? I;m at Team Level 33 now and the shop is still empty. the only new parts are scrap parts I have to pick up from missions. Somebody else please help!!!  I've chalked up to 5 million AUs practicing on Firefly and Iron Fist AC but it's no use if I cant customise my mech properly.oh UI've also updated the game with the 5Mb patch....
Reply | Threaded
|  

Jin-Roh
In reply to this post by Sash
Sash,

I'm at level 50 now...   not sure if that's the correct Rank I am reading. SHOP is still empty. says I cant buy parts....  and I've just renewed my XBoX live subscription too. :(... to think I just bought verdict day....
Reply | Threaded
|  

Sash
Administrator
Sorry dude, I don't think anyone's tried to start from scratch after the servers were shut down for the game; this is new territory. I doubt that FS expected the shop to become unavailable without access to the servers, but not being able to buy parts at all - or even unlock them - is just weird.

The only thing I can tell you is to check if you can buy things offline or online. At Team Rank 50, you have access to every part in the shop. I suspect that since your team "Leveled Up" without the servers, the shop can't verify your team data or something.

Either way, if you go in offline mode you should be able to buy everything since the game itself works fine in offline mode. Also, if you change your AC in offline mode and then restart in online mode (and select the same storage device to load), you'll load into the game with your offline AC (if I remember that correctly).

You could go offline, try and buy parts, and then cheese your AC into the online mode. That's probably not worth it at all though, since no build is perfect and that'd basically defeat the point of online play if you couldn't change ACs. Remember though, your online team and your offline team are totally different; you could have to level up all over again.

As an option of last resort, you could DELETE your entire game data for ACV and then re-install it in hopes that you clear up whatever memory-related issue that's screwing up the shop for you (in online and offline modes). That means you lose emblem data and such but if you can get parts then you can get parts. When you boot up the game after clearing the data though, I recommend you start in offline mode to make sure that the servers being down have nothing to do with your game. If you can't use the shop still, then it is for certain a problem with your copy of the game; you can probably harass someone about that over in customer support.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Jin-Roh
I called up Bandai Namco San Jose for help. There was no more official support left, but the nice guy who took my call said I shouldnt have to start over and just play till I unlock all weapons, (based on his memory of the game 2 years back)... now I am stuck at Stoy mode 09, where Exusia's just too hard to beat since I have no light weight bipeds and no proper tank threads..... drats... I was just hoping to get the giga drill grinder....
Reply | Threaded
|  

Sash
Administrator
Well, I kicked Exusia with a tank, if that helps.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Jin-Roh
I tried. Even researched on youtube. What do I put on the tank?  I dont have the exact reccommended weapons....  Sniper cannons take too long to reload.

which defense do I build it for?

All I have are the stock Junk tank legs.

Reply | Threaded
|  

Jin-Roh

killed it! some shotguns did the trick! I didn't believe how easy it was!! I was jumping all over the place after Exusia died... going " thank you God, Thank you God.....:

Got the Mass Blade, Grinder and the Giga Cannon..... now just need to replay 2 more story missions to unlock 2 scrap parts I missed... then I'm going to port over to Verdict day, and buy out the shop