7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Ohai

Not-Hunter
This post was updated on .
So then. I have ALL KINDS of stories I could tell about the randomest stuff. But first, why not go into exactly who I am and what I've done? So yes, this is going to be my life story, or at least, as much as I can remember of it.

First and foremost, I am an idiot. No other way to put it simply. I will ignore what makes sense in favor of what seems fun, and anyone who's looked at my builds in Armored Core should recognize that quite quickly. If something just so happens to be fun AND efficient at the same time, then all the better.

Secondly, I primarily play games that don't require a lot of civil interaction with a community, ACV/ACVD being the main exception to this. I don't have a lot of friends, and I tend to piss off a lot of people I interact with, so I usually play by myself for the fun of playing in it of itself. People have told me "you're going to die alone", and I kinda stopped caring after the first few times. I play games like:

Armored Core, Dark Souls/Dark Souls II, Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Persona, Megaman, (through the X series, Zero series, and ZX series) Metroid, Halo 1-3, Castlevania, (SoTN through Dawn of Sorrow) Metal Gear Solid, Einhander, Risk of Rain, Spiral Knights, (I want to like that game, but I already beat everything) Strider, God of War 1-2, (Back when it was still cool.) Zone of the Enders, Vanquish, Gears of War 1-3, Okami, F-Zero, Patapon 1/2, and even some crazier stuff like Song of Saya.

I also have extremely poor memory, so putting that list together was quite a chore. I tend not to remember anything further back than a few months unless it stuck in my mind clearly.  A lot of this is due to how I tend to focus on whatever I'm playing/looking forward to playing at the time, though.

I'm a moody individual with a rather chaotic temperament, yet ironically my family praises me over how much self-control I have. I enjoy anime in many of it's various forms, though some of my favorites have been things such as Azumanga Daioh, Lucky Star, and Oreimo. I was raised on Robotech/Macross when I was little, and my parents supposedly took me to anime conventions that I don't remember. I recently started to take this back up on my own, and I was actually able to drive myself there and have fun, despite having rather minimal money to waste.

I've led an extremely easy life up until the past few years, really. My parents made decent enough money, they paid for pretty much anything I could ever want, and I didn't really have to care about schooling either, since I supposedly was naturally gifted in that regard. I lived on a pedestal where nothing could really touch me, and I was free to do whatever I wanted, breaking just about any rule that suited me while becoming an excellent liar in the process. About two years ago, partway through a relationship with a girl who really helped me to stop being so exceedingly selfish, I became highly depressed for several months, seemingly without reason. Maybe I was just internally bored and wanted to see how people would react? I don't really know. Anyway, that was a long and painful period, during which I met several different therapists and wasted quite a bit of my parent's time and money. One day, while talking to someone else that had experienced depression during a bus ride, I basically gave the emotional equivalent of "f**k it, I'm done with this." and have had rather firey emotional spikes interrupting any semblance of depression since. I've held together quite decently since then, barring occasional moments of pure, destructive crazy.

About a year and a half ago, my father began to suffer from various medical conditions, including weakened (and broken) bones, temporary blindness, cancer, a staph infection, kidney failure, heart disease, and I don't even know what else. Within that time, he's been slowly recovering, and hasn't been able to work since. The lack of money, stress on him, and delightful timing of it all has made the past year and a half quite.. an experience to say the least. As I'm typing this, my extended family is holding a sort of "going away" party for my dying grandfather, and my father reminds me of his own health constantly, to try and push me to succeed on my own. Now, enough of that, it's no longer relavent.

One rather unique thing about me is that I find a disadvantageous situation, with a clear goal before me, to be the absolute pinnacle of fun. I'm not sure where exactly it comes from, but I believe it's a warped version of an ideal I picked up off of the Megaman Zero series, some of my favorite games to date. That ideal would be "For Endless Fight", which is the title of a song that is used repeatedly at both opening and endings in that series. Many other tracks, lines, and other such things from that franchise have become rather deeply embedded into what I am, so it's difficult to distinguish sometimes. What that track in particular represents to me,  is essentially the idea of "fight for what you believe in, no matter how long, how hard, or how painful it is." My own warped version split off from that at some point, and they both co-exist as things that drive me.

Another interesting point that came up to me in that series, is that your flaws do not define what you are. What another individual says of you cannot define you. As such, I've taken the liberty of defining myself as someone that can do whatever in all the hell I want, and not just for myself either. Whatever grand goal I see, I will chase until it is mine.

I could quite easily stop there, on such a positive and resounding note, couldn't I? But why would i bother stopping there. It's not like that's all there is to me, and it's not like I've become some amazing individual in the past few years either. I've made plenty of stupid decisions, and will continue to make them. I continue to act without thinking, even when chasing dreams as endlessly as I do.

Speaking of dreams, I have extremely vivid dreams, many of which I've written down. Feel free to ask me if you'd like to see them. Most of them end in my own death, but I've long sing gotten used to the idea. As such, the idea of dying doesn't bother me much at all. I don't have a specific faith I follow, because I don't trust any of them, but there are plenty of things that I "feel" inexplicably, despite my studies into science and the physical world around me. As such, I'm rather aware that the world isn't as simple or as complicated as some would have you believe.

I think that's about all I can type about myself for now, so I'll turn towards my history in Armored Core, and my reason for joining this forum on a seemingly random whim.

My first Armored Core game was ACV, but I acknowledge that all of it's predecessors are worthy games, I just have a hard time playing them. I joined the ranks of the fifth-generation ravens one day when I woke up and decided I wanted to play a good mech game. When holding a few different games in my hands, my dad pointed out to me that he knew Armored Core to be entirely about the mechs, and nothing else.

Well, he certainly wasn't wrong, now was he?

I bought ACV for roughly 50$ on PS3 at the time, took it home, loaded it up, and was entranced by every last detail. The sounds, the look, the handling, the voices, the story, (fractured and convoluted though it might seem) the enemy design, Chief, Rosary, RD, all of it. It was all an unforgettable experience for me, and my first time ever playing or even seeing an Armored Core game. I didn't build particularly particularly useful ACs at first. In fact, most of them were quite worthless for a good few months of play. I spent a lot of time early on getting to know a few people on some of the smaller teams, before they seemingly disappeared, leaving me to fight on my own again. Then, one of the mercenaries I hired one day was strikingly quick and effective, using a medium bipedal dual-wielding Jesup rifles. The speed that he was able to achieve, and the amount of destruction he managed to cause was staggering. He messaged me asking if I wanted to join him, and I accepted, becoming a member of C.H.I.M.E.R.A. The leader was a bit harsh, but direct and honest. I went through a lot of training, experimenting, building, and many battles alongside them, developing the early prototypes of some of the ACs I use today. We destroyed just about everyone before us, barring a few of the better teams.

A few months in, I suddenly had to stop playing for a few weeks to visit my father in the hospital, and help support him as he tried his best to recover. By the time I was able to log back into ACV, I had been kicked for inactivity, having recieved no messages or warnings of any kind. I was never promised any sort of a warning, but it was still infuriating not to recieve one after working so closely with them for quite a while.

As such, I spent a month going out of my way to attack their territory over and over again, burning their territory on my own and challenging them to 1v4 matches on several occasions. Eventually, I was invited back in again, though the team quickly abandoned me again after that, with each of them quickly becoming inactive to play other games. This second time felt quite like a betrayal to me. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, but that's what it felt like. I spent another month or so hopping teams again, making friends just as quickly as they left me alone to fight for myself again and again and again.

Eventually, one day, while watching some videos about ACV, I happened upon the exhibition event. Or, the first one, at least. Since all that I had seen of Reaching Perfection at the time was from Irrelaphancy, I didn't know if RP (which seemed like it would be Xbox-centric at the time) would be the place for me to go, and instead chose to look at Armored Core Legacy, which had quite a lot of random build posts from varying members at the time. I joined, shared my own builds, and immediately after I shared my story about C.H.I.M.E.R.A, I was invited into Revadeon, and I haven't moved since. It hasn't always been pleasant in Revadeon or on ACL, but I've enjoyed my time there as a whole, and I've never felt a need to leave.

And I'm not leaving either Revadeon or ACL now, but I feel that I should come here, to try and interact with a different facet of the community, however many of you are here. I came here so that I can write, create, and share what I've done. I first plan to write about the Heavy Reverse-Joint leg class, study it, and learn more about that little-used leg type. I'm also considering the possibility of saving money to get a capture card, and join the ranks of those few who upload videos and inspire new players. I myself learned a lot of useful information watching some of the videos from this site's creator, if I remember correctly.

If you read all of this, then thank you, and now that you know something about me..

SIEG REVADEON!
----------------------
edit: Oh, by the way, I typically go by "Srash" in conversation, so feel free to refer to me as that.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Ohai

Sash
Administrator
Hi Srash

Welcome to RP.

Thank you for a wall of text.

What a nice introduction.

^ Minimalism.
Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Not-Hunter
I spent two hours typing that wall of text, so glad ya like it. I don't normally do that.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Sash
Administrator
It was certainly verbose. Perhaps even loquacious.

Thanks for taking the time writing that though, It's just a damn big intro buddy, lol ;)
Reply | Threaded
|  

Not-Hunter
In reply to this post by Not-Hunter
Slight update while I figure out job-searching and stuff. I am trying to experiment with various heavy-RJ builds, but I'm also working on creating a save file for ACV that would contain all weapons at their maxed-out tuning. If anyone has experience in hacking ACV, or knows someone that does, please let me know, so that I can try to progress more quickly on this. At the moment, I have a ripped and functioning save file to edit, and I'm trying to locate the data I need to change. Alternatively, if I'm not supposed to talk about it here, then feel free to contact me on skype (not.hunter) or email me instead.

A quick question, is that I have written versions of dreams I have, some of which involve ACs. Can I post those here, and should I? If not, I have other places I can upload them.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Sash
Administrator
Well, just don't post non-introductory information in introductions.

You can post a thread over in the AC subforum.

Also, you can post whatever you like here as long as you're polite and mature about it. Check out the Serious Discussion forum if you have a topic that you want to, you know, discuss seriously.
Reply | Threaded
|  

blackbee045
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
GuL