3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Plasma Factory

Doc1777
This post was updated on .
I built this map around December. I built it just because I thought the concept would be cool and well it is, but I see issues in this map. Now here is the bigger surprise, its not invasion, but its made for team slayer and things like that. It would be rather cool to make an invasion map built on the concept though...
I would also love to redesign this and improve it, and that's where your guys opinions come in. What I want in my maps is many different areas to move around and different ways to get to locations, which is what I did with drop downs and lifts in some areas of the map which makes it interesting.

If you would like to see Plasma Factory well then click on the link. Go ahead take a look for yourself and tell me what you think or you can wait til I finish this post and look at the images. Your choice.

I am going show you some pics and what the map is like (kind of like a dev diary). Now lets start shall we..

Base Layouts

Now this map is symmetrical so the layouts are essentially the same so I am going to show you mostly blue base to give you a feel for it.

Red Base design on Plasma Factory
Blue Base Design
As you can see they are pretty much he same, well except on how the lighting is working. Other then that it looks interesting.. Now lets check out the details of the base first thing is the conveyer belts.

Conveyer close
Conveyer inclined down
As you can see there is some belt action. Now if I ever redesign this later on I will make sure the blue lines don't show and just the conveyer. You can also see that there is switch type thing up above the two conveyer belts inside the base.Now lets take a look inside.

Blue Base Inside
The inside is rather small mainly because it would be weird to actually have a base inside a plasma factory, also it serves as an area for objectives. Now that you have see that you ready to take a look at other things like paths and stuff.

Pathways to Areas

Now what I will cover here is paths that lead to areas around the map. The areas will be covered next after I show you some paths.

Blue Side Path
Now this path is leading straight to red side and has a switch in the middle which gives you somewhere to jump out of. Now lets take a look inside.

Inside From Blue Base
Pathway Middle
Red Side of Path
Now that you have a good idea of what that path looks like you can probably imagine how it might play out in a game. Probably not good.. Well now that one path is down lets take a look at the other side opposite.

Opposite path
As you can see this path is more open and also has a conveyer belt like the other one, it's just not as enclosed as much so it appears to be more different. Now I will show off the middle upper and lower path. I shall post it later on though.

Blue way down to lower area
red way down to lower area
These are the paths leading down to the lower area and also to the other side of the map.

More posting due for later, don't be afraid to check it out yourself.
GT: Doc1777
Doc's Portfolio
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Plasma Factory

Nikatorus
Administrator
Just a thought, can you make the plasma batteries move? That would be sweet.
Currently: Temporarily Active
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Plasma Factory

Doc1777
I can roll them, but other then that nope.  I wish!
GT: Doc1777
Doc's Portfolio