Play Bumper Jumper? Give this a read...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Play Bumper Jumper? Give this a read...

Jonzorz 124
Hello everyone, today I want to discuss the problem with Bumper Jumper controls and the use of Armor Abilities as well as solution that I came up with. First off, why bumper jumper? Well, I ran with boxer controls in Halo 2, but when Bungie announced the control setups that would be available in Halo 3 I knew that bumper jumper was the way to go. The ability to jump, shoot, melee, and throw grenades without ever having your thumb leave the right thumbstick was incredible! This meant I would always have my thumb ready to aim but, then Reach brought armor abilities and problems arose...

How could I use a jetpack and aim at the same time without having to claw? How could I evade heavily in games like Flatline without being able to aim while clicking X to evade? The easiest solution I suppose would be to switch my contol layout, but the hell with that! Bumper jumper was my jam man, I wasn't going to let it go that easily. So I got to thinking, what if I could move the X button underneath the controller wher my middle finger could use it. If I could do that, I could use the X button all I want and I wouldn't have to have my right thumb leave that joystick. I knew I was on to something, so in the months I had before Reach came out I drafted, built and tested multiple versions of this underside X Controller.

I went through 3 different layouts and the final result is amazing. I can now use any armor ability and aim at the same time. Even in other games, be it to reload or activate some kind of equipment, having the X button underneath the controller allowed me to keep my right thumb on my aiming stick for longer periods of time.

I now sell these controllers to anyone wishing to ease the pain of bumper jumper and armor abilities.

Some of my customers actually use default controls, they tell me that the convenience of having the X button underneath the controller is fantastic.

One customer went as far as to say that this controller was the best investment he has made for his Xbox!

I do build custom controllers with more button options upon request as well. If interested, or just want some more information on the subject, let me know by posting here in my portfolio or by emailing me at JonScott07@gmail.com I promise you won't be dissapointed ;)

Regardless of whether or not you want one of these controllers or think I'm ridiculous for building my own controller just to keep my control layout in Reach, give me some feedback, I would love to hear what you think.  Though I must admit, my main goal was to inform you that Bumper Jumper still remains as the dominant control setup :p Thanks for the read guys, hope to hear some feedback from you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Play Bumper Jumper? Give this a read...

anANGRYkangaroo
Can we haz pics and prices? This is relevant to my interests :P
Check out Brainpan in mah portfolio:)
Reply | Threaded
|

Jonzorz 124
My digital camera is FUBAR as of now but as soon as I get it fixed or get a replacement I will have the pictures up for your salivating pleasure ;)  

Hopefully it shouldn't take more than a few days, so stay tuned.
Reply | Threaded
|

anANGRYkangaroo
WHAAAATTT ARREEE THEEEE PRIIICES?
Reply | Threaded
|

Jonzorz 124
Oh, haha oops I thought I put that in there, my bad Kangaroo. The controller modification costs $40.00 plus shipping and handling, which will vary depending on how far away you live from New Jersey :) But shipping isn't too bad usually, I had a guy who lived in Hawaii order a controller and the shipping was only $17 or so.  Thanks for inquiring Kangaroo, I hope to have some pictures up shortly.
Reply | Threaded
|

anANGRYkangaroo
hmmmmmmmm.... do you take my controller and modify it, or buy a new one and modify it?  Any "friends" discounts? ;) And I live in BC, so S/H should probably be about $15
Reply | Threaded
|

Jonzorz 124
So yeah, it has been friggin' forever, sorry guys. Holidays plus winter break plus work plus procrastination and a lack of a camera lead to such a long delay, again, I apologize. So without further ado here are some pictures of the modded controllers that I make.

This is the standard X underneath Bumper Jumper mod in an all black button casing.

While this is the newest mod. It features both the X and the B button underneath so that one can also have the ability to aim while jacking vehicles or grabbing med packs. With this newest mod, the only time you would have to take your right thumb off of the aiming stick would be to change grenades or change weapons. So in other words...you'll be a god!

These modded Bumper Jumper controllers are available for $85.00 plus shipping and handling. I also offer a 30 day money back guarantee (minus shipping and handling) on any malfunctions with the mod. If any of you would like to purchase one of these fine controllers or want to discuss purchasing a different custom modded controller you can either post here or email me at JonScott07@gmail.com

Thanks for the read guys.
Reply | Threaded
|

DavidJCobb
Administrator
In reply to this post by Jonzorz 124
...Pics?

EDIT: Also, reminds me of a controller for disabled people who only have one usable hand (or something like that); the left joystick was inversed, mounted onto the underside of the controller, and can be operated with the knee. Forget the site I saw it on, though.

EDIT: D'oh, Nabble only loaded your first post... Neat little mod you got there, dude. :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Jonzorz 124
Why thank you, the disable person mod sounds really interesting, I'd love to see that if you ever find the link.
Reply | Threaded
|

Nikatorus
Administrator
HAXOR!! MODDER!! HAXOR!!

Lol, just kidding. These look sweet. How do you do it? Or is that classified?
Currently: Temporarily Active
Reply | Threaded
|

Jonzorz 124
Due to the sensitive nature of this material, a minimum level 12 security clearance will be required to obtain this information.

Do you wish to proceed?
Reply | Threaded
|

noklu
Administrator
Well...I have to say...My security clearance is OVER 9000!!!!!

It had to be done.
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jonzorz 124
hahaha Excellent.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gnappy As5A5sin
What are your thoughts on the Razer Onza?
On Skype Wolfpack Dragon wrote
"i came on the radio so I had to mention it"
Reply | Threaded
|

Jonzorz 124
Hmm...thats pretty cool. Adjustable resistance on the joysticks is really really interesting, though I am slightly concerned about the controller possibly having lag since it does use a digital interface as opposed to analog. But that may not be an issue at all, just a concern.

Having an extra bumper is prettty sweet, but holding that bumper to jetpack and then using the other bumper and trigger seems like it would be a bit awkward. But then again, this controller wasn't made for Bumper Jumper equipment use lol

This is definitely pretty cool though I may have to get one just to try out those joysticks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Nikatorus
Administrator
Jonzorz 124 wrote
Due to the sensitive nature of this material, a minimum level 12 security clearance will be required to obtain this information.

Do you wish to proceed?
I'm guessing something bad will happen if this knowledge is revealed. Armageddon? World War III? The world runs out of cookies?!
Currently: Temporarily Active
Reply | Threaded
|

Jonzorz 124
The world would definitely run out f cookies as a result...and that in itself could very well lead to a World War III.

On a side note, I got an email asking if my button placement was comfortable to use. The answer to that is, most certainly! Everyone who has purchased or used the controller has commented on how nice the button placement is. But  if you're not convinced, I'm going to get some pictures up of the controller being used. I appreciate the email :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Sven Nietzsche
WOOP WOOP!
Reply | Threaded
|

Jonzorz 124
Here are a few pictures of me holding the control. These are in response to people asking about how comfortable the placement of the button is.

I hope those pictures helped those of you who were interested and as for any other questions that anyone may have, you can email me at JonScott07@gmail.com, post in this thread, or message me on Xbox at Jonzorz 124

Thanks for the read everyone.
Reply | Threaded
|

noklu
Administrator
I love how you've decided to block your head out of the photo with the controller. It's actually a pretty cool photo.
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.