Possible Structural Change?

Posted by GodlyPerfection GodlyPerfection  
Report Content as Inappropriate
      Options
How do you guys feel about adding sub forums to the serious discussion for the main games that the community is playing? This has been discussed before, but it wasn't really needed as the community is heavily Halo based. Armored Core is a filthy passion of mine... so I plan on dragging over my team here and having a section for us to post in separate from the Halo stuff. So right now there would be two sub forums in Serious Discussion; Halo and Armored Core V. Anything that isn't related to those will go in the top level Serious Discussion as per usual.

Thoughts?

5 Comments

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
Der Flatulator Der Flatulator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

Re: Possible Structural Change?

I don't really think we're active enough to warrant extra sub-forums, but if your proposal is from a organizational standpoint, then I see no harm with it.
derflatulator@reachingperfection ~ $ $do || !$do ; try
try: command not found
derflatulator@reachingperfection ~ $ sudo rm -rf /
noklu noklu
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by GodlyPerfection
How many people are we talking about coming here, Godly? And would they be interested in engaging in the more design-centric aspects of the forum?
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
GodlyPerfection GodlyPerfection
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by Der Flatulator
noklu wrote
How many people are we talking about coming here, Godly? And would they be interested in engaging in the more design-centric aspects of the forum?
Well teams of 20 are allowed in game, but we shall see how many people actually stop by. I was considering this mainly because I will be posting a LOT of discussion topics on Armored Core myself at the very least for a sort of archive of stuff. As release draws nearer, the people that have been watching my youtube channel will probably be invited over. So it could be a very variable amount.

Der Flatulator wrote
I don't really think we're active enough to warrant extra sub-forums, but if your proposal is from a organizational standpoint, then I see no harm with it.
I agree about the whole activity thing, which is why we have so few forums to begin with to consolidate as much as possible. This would be more for organization sake. I'd probably set up serious discussion to look like Spam Perfection in which it shows the general topics at the top and then topics from forum games (so Halo/Armored Core V) at the bottom as well.

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
noklu noklu
Reply | Threaded
|  

GodlyPerfection wrote
noklu wrote
Well teams of 20 are allowed in game, but we shall see how many people actually stop by. I was considering this mainly because I will be posting a LOT of discussion topics on Armored Core myself at the very least for a sort of archive of stuff. As release draws nearer, the people that have been watching my youtube channel will probably be invited over. So it could be a very variable amount.

Der Flatulator wrote
I agree about the whole activity thing, which is why we have so few forums to begin with to consolidate as much as possible. This would be more for organization sake. I'd probably set up serious discussion to look like Spam Perfection in which it shows the general topics at the top and then topics from forum games (so Halo/Armored Core V) at the bottom as well.
I think it should be good, just so long as it doesn't harm overall activity, atmosphere and...and, I cannot think of another relevant 'a' word. Armadillo. That'll do. And yes, that organisational setup sounds good.
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
SnowRider04 SnowRider04
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by GodlyPerfection
I think maybe having the structure easily available to set up is a good idea. That way if more people are interested in other games but still a part of the community then you can easily implement it. If you're AC team is interested in a sub topic then I think it would be ok. It gives them a place to talk, but still allows them to jump in on the halo aspect and design theory if they are so inclined.
GT- Snow Rider04