Promotions: September

Posted by WolfpackDragon WolfpackDragon  
Report Content as Inappropriate
      Options

Promotions:

Okay so this one is a bit sooner than expected but I have quite a bit of time on my hands and need a productive excuse to take a quick break from the particle effects I'm doing for Aggro. As stated above, this announcement is to recognize those that have proven themselves worthy of their very own portfolio. We actually have something here that hasn't happened for awhile... In fact I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened since I became a member: One man promotion!

Congrats Locke on becoming our newest member. You have proven yourself worthy of this honorable title. Now go make use of your portfolio!

"GodlyPerfection wrote

The above members have been promoted from being "Authenticated" to "Member". What does member mean exactly? You are a regular part of this community. You post in several threads, you play with others, and you post on the blog posts regularly. You also welcome members and partake in what the forum has to offer. So what does member get you... well the first thing that member gets you is the ability to help clean up the site. All members have the ability to move topics. In order to move a topic all you have to do is click on "more" in the top right of a post and select "Move topic to...". Then you have to copy and paste the destination forum's permalink and select ok. To get a forum's permalink all you have to do is go to the forum and select "Permalink" in the top right next to your username. For example, if you feel that a topic should be deleted you need to move it to the Recycling Bin. The recycling bin's permalink is:

http://forum.reachingperfection.com/Recycle-Bin-f1906601.html

It is that simple. Originally members were going to have the ability to lock and pin (sticky) topics as well. However the system seems to be bugged and it won't allow me to give you guys those permissions quite yet. So for now just move topics around where appropriate. You can "practice" moving topics right now by going through the Spam Perfection forum and moving serious discussion topics to the new Serious Discussion forum. So what's the other thing that membership gets you? Your very own portfolio in the portfolio forum. This portfolio can be used to showcase anything that you have created. Whether it be design theories, maps, screenshots, videos, other game content like minecraft creations, Unreal maps, etc. Enjoy this personal area for your stuff. Only YOU can post in your own portfolio while anyone that is authenticated can reply to anything you post. If you would like anything stickied/pinned in your portfolio just please let me know. Again enjoy and thanks for being a part of the community.

We are still keeping an eye out for any potential new members so if you feel like you should be one than don't worry too much, just stay active and we will notice you. In the rare occasion that we miss someone, feel free to yell at us.

Demotions:

Unfortunately this month isn't just happy promotion time. There have been quite a few inactive members for quite some time. This means that we have to enforce the demoting policy that was agreed upon by the admins. This policy being as followed:

GodlyPerfection wrote
Member status is a luxury of being active. If your life gets busy then sadly you aren't really being active. 3 months is a good time period as it gives them a chance to come back. Even one post every 3 months won't cut it though. You have to be some sort of active after those 3 months. And we aren't deleting portfolios at all. We are moving them to an "Inactive Portfolios" forum and removing all permissions to reply or make threads for everyone (other than admins of course). They become just an archive and nothing else. If a person loses their status they can always come back and become active again to regain their member status and have their portfolio moved to the member portfolios section again and have all posting permissions restored.
People up for demotion:

Now we aren't demotion them quite yet. I will be sending out the emails promised to these people and if there is no change in there activity within a week then I'm afraid that their membership status will be stripped.

There you have it. This months member update has been done... At least the announcement has... So much typing. Comment, critique, express your concerns.

9 Comments

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
Dj7291993 Dj7291993
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

Re: Promotions: September

Yay for the new member!!!  Congrats, bro.  Sad about the demotions though... did you break up the list?  I thought it was longer.

~Josh Hollinrake, Dj7291993

Email Me - Admin Message Box - My Portfolio

"Dreamers Dream, Doers Do, Achievers Achieve, But Champions Do It ALL." ~The Goads

"A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances." ~James Allen (As a Man Thinketh)

MythicFritz MythicFritz
Reply | Threaded
|  

Yea Locke!
WolfpackDragon WolfpackDragon
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by Dj7291993
lol only thing I cut out was the RPTestSubject. At least it should be.
 I don't know what to put on here so I will just say Hi. HI! Also, I'm Maximo Vara and I'm 90%ish certain that I approve of this message.
FeanorOnForge FeanorOnForge
Reply | Threaded
|  

Grats new member!
"Not all who wander are Lost"

GT: FEAN0RPHOENIX
GodlyPerfection GodlyPerfection
Reply | Threaded
|  

In reply to this post by WolfpackDragon
You know if we could get used to it, emailing the people who get promoted to members could definitely be helpful. Because they may have just recently gone inactive and an email may make them come back now that they have a portfolio they can show off their stuff.

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
WolfpackDragon WolfpackDragon
Reply | Threaded
|  

lol I like that idea quite a bit actually. It means more work but you make a good point. I was actually worried about promoting people that just left us a few promotions back. I'll make sure to do that when I promote again.
 I don't know what to put on here so I will just say Hi. HI! Also, I'm Maximo Vara and I'm 90%ish certain that I approve of this message.
Der Flatulator Der Flatulator
Reply | Threaded
|  

I love Locke's forge maps, gratz!
derflatulator@reachingperfection ~ $ $do || !$do ; try
try: command not found
derflatulator@reachingperfection ~ $ sudo rm -rf /
RPTestSubject RPTestSubject
Reply | Threaded
|  

Congratulations, Locke, on your promotion.

WolfpackDragon wrote
lol only thing I cut out was the RPTestSubject. At least it should be.
D:<
Rammer Spree!
HOBO ITCHY HOBO ITCHY
Reply | Threaded
|  

Goat go bye bye?

Noooooooo......Gooooooooooooooat!!!!!!!!
I'd love to make a handy HTML link to my File share that just says "File Share", but I can't seem to make it work...if anyone can school me , I'd appreciate it...until then;
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileShare.aspx?player=HOBO%20ITCHY