Redirect ACV Patch/Support discussion

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Redirect ACV Patch/Support discussion

Nomrah
For those interested in pressing Bamco for answers in regards to ACV's patching and support, I have a proposition. I suggest redirecting further discussion regarding ACV's support directly to Bandai/Namco's public forum.

http://www.namcobandaigames.com/community/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=c78fe89e1f5cf9a1e1409975c2f38331

A few topics regarding concern over ACV's support have already sprung up in the forums "Game Chat" discussion, as they have failed to provide ACV with its own subsection. As of now 171 individuals have signed the ACV petition, if only we could get a good portion of concerned players to actively discuss ACV's lack of support directly on their very own public boards. It would be a little tougher for them to ignore if we can keep the pressure on. We would need as many active posters as possible, imagine the majority of their forums discussion being in regards to their failings in properly supporting and informing their customers with their product. This is a good opportunity to attract attention and awareness on the situation to a much bolder degree, easier and more visible than the occasional and often unanswered email to Bamco support.

This is not a difficult request. Even if you do not believe it to be a successful effort, how much would it hurt to join in on the effort and light up their boards with outward concern and visible disapproval over the handling of Armored Core V? I have already made an account and posted, and will post some more. Post your concerns, you can simply reiterate on things you've already said here, simply reply to others and attempt to maintain active discussion on the matters. I look forward to the prospect of seeing as many of you join in on the effort as possible. They have staff that operate on the forum, they will see it. The ball will be in their court if we make this move, it would be interesting to see how they handle the activity on their boards.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Redirect ACV Patch/Support discussion

Seoko
I will take a look and try,  but despite you saying its not a diffcult request, to me its pretty difficult haha and I'm sure to others too, due to the lack of topics and replies here.
Reply | Threaded
|

FromCheng
In reply to this post by Nomrah
Honestly, its worth a shot. If we don't do anything the result is the same, but if we do do something we have a small, if not meager chance of it happening, which is much better than none. Some people on MV have already agreed to help out.

"...in the world, what counts more than talent, what counts more than energy or concentration or commitment or anything else, is kindness... and the more in the world you encounter kindness...the better the world always is. And all the big words; virtue, justice, truth.... [they] are dwarfed... by the greatness of kindness." -Stephen Fry

Armored Core Legacy Dude
Reply | Threaded
|

Nomrah
Seoko wrote
I will take a look and try,  but despite you saying its not a diffcult request, to me its pretty difficult haha and I'm sure to others too, due to the lack of topics and replies here.
When I say not difficult, I am referring to the act of posting on their boards.  But yes, the difficult part will be garnering enough force to push Bamco into listening and following through with their support of ACV.  As FromCheng has stated, MV has been informed and we are steadily gathering up some momentum.  It's a great start over at the Bamco boards, six different topics regarding ACV's support are sitting up at the top of their "Game Chat" discussion section.

FromCheng wrote
Honestly, its worth a shot. If we don't do anything the result is the same, but if we do do something we have a small, if not meager chance of it happening, which is much better than none. Some people on MV have already agreed to help out.
Thanks for pinning the topic over at MV, I greatly appreciate it.  The support over at MV is encouraging.  Other places I've notified are ACU, ACG and GameFAQ's.  It will be interesting to see how this pans out.
Reply | Threaded
|

KnifeRun
Although its annoying the way the game is for us right now knowing a more balanced version is out there. The game is only a couple days over a month old for us. Japan has what 4 or 5 patches in 3 months? Its obvious the updates process is quicker in japan. What if namco already passed on the patch and its out of their hands at this point.

Most likely we will get a patch with the first DLC drop, Im sure DLC goes through the same process as patches. Do they plan to let the japans version run its update course before they bring updates to our versions? Is it the same people who update our version that updated the japanese version? If not, will they follow the japanese updates?

When the update does take place what happens to the weapons that are at full performance? Do they reset? Do they disappear? Do the stat changes subtract from or add to the gun? Do they keep'em? I guess the people familiar with the japanese version will know this for sure.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dredrick
It took over 1 month for japan to get 1.02
Reply | Threaded
|

KnifeRun
Dredrick wrote
It took over 1 month for japan to get 1.02
Im guessing with all the 'lack of patch' complaints this isnt really known? Knowing this and that the games 2 months older in japan, should end all 'lack of patch' complaints.

So that means Japan really only has 3 updates(1.04?). 1 a month basically. Unfortunately we will most likely get patches in the same order japan did. We most likely wont jump straight to the latest patch. Which will be really horrible.

How many days after release was it till Japan got the first patch? I wonder if that can give us a rough estimate when we will get the first patch.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dredrick
The effort of giving us the latest update is virtually the same as giving us the first one. I don't see why we wouldn't get at least 1.03 at the same time as 1.02, if we ever get an update.
Reply | Threaded
|

Road Rash
It is possible that FROM is working on a different patch for the EU and NA markets that incorporate changes to the Conquest system due to the smaller player base in those regions. Anyway I don't think we're going to get the same number of patches the Japanese get but probably could be something they feel will be more suited for our markets.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

GAMERGODZBANNERFINAL600X149.jpg

Reply | Threaded
|

Dredrick
But our markets are really small.... and it's unlikely that anything they do will increase sales of the game much now. I don't see why they would (as the US/EU publisher) bother with anything but a quick rehash of the JP changes they've already developed.
Reply | Threaded
|

A Kool Pop Tart
I'll wait ten days before I make a list of demands, after all, the game has only been out for about a month, and if what everyone else says about the Japanese getting their patches a month after the release is true, then I'll hold my tongue.
"Waypoint Contractors; Fighting your wars so you don't have too! PANZER VOR!"

Reply | Threaded
|

GodlyPerfection
Administrator
The only problem with the month for the JP version to get patched is that the patch was out before the game hit in the US... a month before it came out. They had that month to prepare the patch for release. On top of that, during that month on the JP side they were actually collecting data and deciding what to put in the patch... they don't have to do that for us because it is already out. There is no data collection involved, just a list of changes that needs to change hands from From to Namco. Then the patch needs to be built which could take a max of one or two days.

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
Reply | Threaded
|

KnifeRun
theres no real reason why we didnt get at least 1.02 with the release of the game.

The data that was gathered for japans first patch was probably gathered before the japanese release. It all matters where the data was gathered from. The community or the testers within from software. Im sure japan had some sort of demo as well.
Reply | Threaded
|

Nimra
I want some friends I can go level with or take some ops. Hard to find people on during my play time because I'm in the USA. I am currently Protopharma but I can switch on my own to whichever faction. I prefer anti-city.

We provide [url=http://www.pass-4sure.info/braindumps/117-102.html]pass-4sure.info[/url] to pass certkiller gmat with online exam [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Management_Institute]wikipedia[/url] itil and [url=http://www.cornell.edu/]Cornell University[/url] you can also get best quality [url=http://www.pmi.org/]PMI[/url] along with selftestengine mcat for your guaranteed [url=http://www.intel.sg/]Intel[/url]