Regarding RP Favorites

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Regarding RP Favorites

Noooooch
Is there a reason that everything there is like a year old? Let's see some fresh, featured content!

Yes, no? Thoughts? Discussion? NOMINATIONS?! Hmm?
ALIGN ALL THE COORDINATES!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Regarding RP Favorites

Der Flatulator
Lock and Load :)
derflatulator@reachingperfection ~ $ $do || !$do ; try
try: command not found
derflatulator@reachingperfection ~ $ sudo rm -rf /
Reply | Threaded
|

noklu
Administrator
In reply to this post by Noooooch
I think we had a system in place at some stage -- I think mythic was in charge of it -- but I don't think that's around any longer. Also, I think Godly has plans for it in the near future...maybe? If not, we need some kind of idea about it. I think we should have a monthly nomination of maps, with a "strainer panel" of some people who can judge whether it's worthy or not, followed by a vote? Perhaps?
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
Reply | Threaded
|

MythicFritz
Yea I got busy shortly after that decision was made and I never took advantage of lulls in the action to do anything. So I think I'll take this opportunity to officially resign. Sorry Godly. I would like to stay involved but actively seeking maps and writing about them just doesn't fit for me anymore. Boy do I sound lazy...
Reply | Threaded
|

GodlyPerfection
Administrator
Don't worry about it Mythic, I'm just as guilty... lol. If you guys can come up with and agree on a system and someone is willing to do the write ups then I'm down for it.

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
Reply | Threaded
|

Der Flatulator
I agree.  A monthly think would be ideal. Perhaps start a nomination thread, and on a certain cut off (perhaps the 7th of every month), the maps could be taken and considered, tests could be done to narrow down the options if there are too many, and then we could set up a judging criteria of some sort, then to more tests, and finally a vote to decide the winner.

That would be my suggested order.
derflatulator@reachingperfection ~ $ $do || !$do ; try
try: command not found
derflatulator@reachingperfection ~ $ sudo rm -rf /
Reply | Threaded
|

Noooooch
Der Flatulator wrote
I agree.  A monthly think would be ideal. Perhaps start a nomination thread, and on a certain cut off (perhaps the 7th of every month), the maps could be taken and considered, tests could be done to narrow down the options if there are too many, and then we could set up a judging criteria of some sort, then to more tests, and finally a vote to decide the winner.

That would be my suggested order.
This sounds pretty easy and fool proof. Not being able to nominate your own map will keep it from being biased.

Would there be 1 winner per month? Like Highlander?

Or would there be different categories of maps to be featured?
ALIGN ALL THE COORDINATES!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

GodlyPerfection
Administrator
I think maybe the top 5%-20% of nominations or so so that way if we have more nominations we would have more favorites and if we have less than 5 we would have one. Since it is just sort of a favorites system rather than a featured system. And the rest of the nominations can transfer over to the next months nominations automatically so people don't have to re-nominate stuff. If something makes it to your favorite maps/gametypes then there is little chance that would change.

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
Reply | Threaded
|

noklu
Administrator
Rather than just the top slice of any given month, I think it'd be better if we'd have an objective standard, so anything -- and everything -- above that standard is favourited. What this would mean is that in a certain month, nobody could get a map favourited if they didn't pass the muster but, on the other hand, every nomination could get favourited if they all passed the bar. I think this is a fair system and presents a clear objective to aspire towards. Although that may be closer to a featured system...I'm not sure, which are we aiming for, a featured system or a favourite system? I think we might want to aim for a mix of the two.

Perhaps, a favourite system as outlined by GP, in combination with a 'Special Recognition' award only to those exceptional maps. How about a 'Reigning Champion' map that is the current all-time favourite of RP? That last one may be a little elitist, though...
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.