Repository of map ideas

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
 |  1 message Options
Reply | Quote | Edit |  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Repository of map ideas

III Tribal
This post was updated on .
I've got three complete maps which I'll probably be posting in this portfolio over the next few days. I'm not posting them anywhere else as I don't feel they deserve much attention. They all started out as positive, solid design concepts, but when translated into real maps they just don't do much for me.

Future Map Concepts

Anyway, this thread is mainly just for my records, but you guys are obviously welcome to read it and make suggestions as to how I can manifest some of the concepts.

1v1 or 2v2 Slayer/Objective (Asymmetric)

Inspired by the architecture of the Taktshang (Tiger's Nest) monastery in Bhutan (or a similar cliffside monastery). Built on a cliffside of the canyon area in Forge World.

4v4 Slayer/Objective (Asymmetic)

Loosely inspired by rock-cut architecture, like the temples of the Ellora caves in India (or something similar). Built close to water. Location undecided.

4v4 Spiritual Successor to Damnation (Asymmetric)

Obviously directly inspired by Damnation from CE. My aim with this is to make a vertical map which cannot be broken by Jetpack heroes. As Saddo will attest, I actually began this a few weeks ago but I gave up after falling victim to etcetera syndrome. I need more solid design ideas before proceeding.