Maybe its just my browser, but whenever I try to read a post, there is an ad covering the first third of what was written.
It couldnt possibly be in a worse place, and with no 'X' or close box button, it becomes unavoidable and incredibly frustrating.
Try all the basic things: clearing all your cookies etc. and using a different browser.
If it still happens, I suggest downloading and using an adblocker. I disagree in principle with adblocking, so I would suggest only activating it when it interferes with your experience, as it does now.
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades. Know this and fear.
Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
@DIRT JOCKEY: Browser, version, OS? Screenshot? The more information you can provide, the easier it'll be for me to look into this.
As noklu said, an ad blocker should help you out in the interim. I use RequestPolicy, but that's more of a multipurpose security thing; the actual "AdBlocker" extensions for most browsers are easier to use, if a little clunkier.
@Noklu: once I finish the "profilepref" system (under-the-hood remodel for user profile customizations to make the code not completely suck), remind me to look into this matter.
Ad removal links appear to be wedged into the signature boxes of the first and last posts on the page. (I'm using an ad-blocker; I'm assuming that the ads themselves appear with those links.) That's just a really trashy way to position them IMO. I'd rather place them in their own table row, so I want a reminder so that I do the following:
1. Ask Nabble for permission to reposition the ads. Cease execution of this list if permission is denied.
2. Reposition the ads.
3. Investigate this bug while I do so and maybe kill two birds with one stone.
If you use Windows live mail, you can set reminders in that that will pop up on screen with a sound. On topic, I agree on ad placement. I don't see them when I'm on my computer, since I have ad block, but I do see them when I go on at work. They get in the way, act like they are part of the sig, need to be better moderated, and overall look unprofessional. I know we can't change the content of the ads, but making them more professional could be nice.
2. Remove old profile system from TP, and rename profilepref macros to take its place.
3. Iron out any errors, references to deleted macros, et cetera.
4. Ask Nabble if we can move the ads.
5. If we can move the ads, move the ads into their own full-width table row, and center them. Investigate DIRT JOCKEY's bug while I do this. (This will go more smoothly if he, or someone else who is affected, can give me a browser, browser version, and a screenshot of the bug. :\ )