Spam

Posted by Dj7291993 Dj7291993
      Options
Hello Everybody!

I know this place isn't very active lately, but I do still check in every once and a while.  I know there are still some of you using this forum, even though most of the admins aren't here very often.  That's all well and good, except for one little problem: spam.  Unfortunately, when we aren't here all the time, we can miss some of the spambots running a muck around the place.  Doesn't make it very easy to have conversations.  I've recently cleaned up a bunch of them, but as I stated earlier, I'm not always here.  So, I'd like to give you guys a way to report spam posts and accounts to us, so we can take care of them.

First off, do NOT use them report button just for spam accounts.  That sends the report to Nabble, the company that we run the forum through.  We don't really need to get them involved for simple housekeeping.  What you can do though, is to post a permalink to the offending post or user in the Admin Message Box.  I am subscribed to that thread, via email, and so, see every post added to it, regardless of whether or not I come to the forum.  This way, when we do have some spambots making a mess, we can get them cleaned up promptly, rather than once every few months.

I hope you all have a great day!

~Josh