classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Spooky Base

Noooooch
Spooky Base
"The Covenant laced one of the artifacts captured during Operation: GUARDIAN LANCE with an infectious, undead disease."

Loadout Camera

Spooky Base is my attempt at balancing Sword Base for Infection. I got into Infection for a little bit, getting hooked on multi-kills and boosting my sidearm commendations. Anyway, Spooky Base is nothing special, just an Infected Sword Base, where players can't camp Low or High Vent. All the spawns have been removed from the bottom floor, so zombies spawn quite safely in any of the rooms. A man cannon has been added near the vehicle left to keep Sword Room from being camped. Also, many of the hallways have been booby trapped with pallets and explosives that never respawn. Survivors can use this to their advantage, if they don't destroy the pallets, zombies will have to break them down first, slowing them down for just a second. There IS also a Soccer Ball, YES A SOCCER BALL on the map. Zombies can use this as a dynamic cover to sprint up elbow behind the soccer ball to get just a bit closer.

Anyway, enjoy.
ALIGN ALL THE COORDINATES!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Spooky Base

CrazedMeatball
lol soccer. I am almost constantly in the LD playlist because it is less competitive, but campers really piss me off. Seeing as you have reduced camping spots, I already know that it'l play better for infection than default Sword Base. Downloaded.
Check out my music :D

https://soundcloud.com/alfie-prior
Reply | Threaded
|

Der Flatulator
In reply to this post by Noooooch
Congrats on getting this in MM!

Successfully got the soccer ball to top yellow. What of it?
derflatulator@reachingperfection ~ $ $do || !$do ; try
try: command not found
derflatulator@reachingperfection ~ $ sudo rm -rf /
Reply | Threaded
|

A Haunted Army
Reply | Threaded
|

DavidJCobb
Administrator
Looked at this in Forge and played it in MM.

Top gold hallway corner seems too campable. Put one or two Mags on the stair, and a Shotty watching the hall -- too powerful.

Top red southwest corner -- likewise, and this one is used frequently in matches. One or two mags will render the bridge unusable, leaving only the stairway and the barrier. A shotgun can hold down the stair very easily, and because the barricade forces jumps, a shotgun can hold down that as well. It's way too easy for matches.

Top-red lift -- similar issue, but here the only entrances are the outer bridge and the barricaded hallway. A shotgun hero MAY pose an issue here.

The map is too dark -- and bear in mind I have a pretty good TV. There were times where I couldn't see a Zombie right in front of me, because they showed up as black against a black-tinted glass walkway.

Honestly, I think that Sword Base is beyond redemption, and several agree with me; the base map is designed for long lines of sight and long, uncovered paths. I do commend you for attempting to fix it, though, and your variant is many miles ahead of the default.