classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Starcraft II Mapping

FuN Fortress
So, built and polished up a small, fast-paced, one-on-one map the other day because I was curious as to what I could do with the editor. Has anybody else dabbled in editing for SCII (or any other game lately, for that matter)?
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Starcraft II Mapping

GodlyPerfection
Administrator
Just playing with sketchup and a modular hex system, but other than that not particularly.

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Sash
Administrator
In reply to this post by FuN Fortress
FuN Fortress wrote
So, built and polished up a small, fast-paced, one-on-one map the other day because I was curious as to what I could do with the editor. Has anybody else dabbled in editing for SCII (or any other game lately, for that matter)?
SC II has a damn good map editor. I'd love to help you try it out, but my Laptop can't run SC II very well at all q.q

However, Warcraft 3 has a similarly amazing editor that lets you make wicked awesome maps and game-types. I made one recently where you have to traverse a huge cavern full of zombies, and attacking one will wake up all the surrounding ones. The key is to juke around all of them and not get too close to any awaken-er spirits, because those will sick every zombie nearby onto you.

Too much fun :)
Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.
Reply | Threaded
|  

FuN Fortress
ZenosParadox wrote
SC II has a damn good map editor. I'd love to help you try it out, but my Laptop can't run SC II very well at all q.q
Thanks, but I've got a handle on how to actually make a map. I wouldn't be able to make my own mod or gametype, but that's not what I'm wanting to do, really.
Reply | Threaded
|  

noklu
Administrator
FuN Fortress wrote
ZenosParadox wrote
Thanks, but I've got a handle on how to actually make a map. I wouldn't be able to make my own mod or gametype, but that's not what I'm wanting to do, really.
I think he means testing?

As for me designing maps, well, not really. Does the odd play-and-die run through of Dwarf Fortress II count? Mainly I've been writing.
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
Reply | Threaded
|  

FuN Fortress
noklu wrote
Oh, yeah, I misread that, my bad.

Yeah, I'd be up for you running through it, assuming your laptop didn't brick.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Sash
Administrator
FuN Fortress wrote
noklu wrote
Oh, yeah, I misread that, my bad.

Yeah, I'd be up for you running through it, assuming your laptop didn't brick.
Lol, mine runs Blacklight Retribution on medium at like 100 FPS, but the moment i play an RTS it just BRICKS on me. Bam! 5 FPS, how's that macro?

Err... insert MODERN before RTS, Warcraft works great ;)
Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.