|

Thanksgiving Tournament

Sash
Administrator
This post was updated on .

Thanksgiving Tournament

- By Sash

Tournament Date
11/29/2014 - - - Time TBD, looking like sometime past Noon, (12:00 PM) Mountain Time Zone, North American time.

[Please let me know about any problems with your schedule!]

Tournament Type

Two versus Two

Grab a wingman and start fighting. Two players make a team.

Bracket Type

Round Robin

Every team fights every other team once. The team that wins the most matches will win the tournament.

Match Type

Best of 5

Each match will be a set of five fights. The match point will be taken by the team that wins three fights, but five fights will be played regardless. In the event of a tie later down the line, individual fight victories will be calculated alongside match victories, so try your best to scrape out even a Pyrrhic victory.

Match Rules

A match is over when a team is destroyed. The victorious team is the one that survives the fight. The time limit will be five minutes unless the clock is run out, in which case the following match will be 10 minutes. Matches wherein the time runs out will be voided.

If one team has a clear AP advantage and/or one team is obviously trying to stall the tournament, I will make a judgement call for the sake of expediency.

Entrant Requirements

Each entrant will have up to two builds locked. Each entrant will have the option of choosing their first AC to use, as well as their second. However, after an AC is used once, it will be locked in as a build choice. If an entrant uses a third build, (one different than the first two locked-in builds) then they will be disqualified.

Confirming, you may only change ACs between two builds. Talk to your wingman so that you may cover as many bases as you can.

Bans

There are no current bans. Personally, I would like to leave it up to the entrants to petition for the banning of any parts or ACs that they feel are ban-worthy. Please let me know prior to final registration (Saturday Morning)

Caveats:

Poor sportsmanship is not permitted and neither is cheating. I trust everyone will play fair, but I will not hesitate to ban anyone who cheats or lies. Please do not take advantage of blatantly underhanded strategies like exploiting the Windy City bug or anything similar. Keep it clean and enjoy getting to fight all the different members of our community and the comradeship of a 2v2 tournament.

Sash's notes

If we don't finish everything by Saturday evening, I'd like to ask the participants whether or not to motion for a postponement of the tournament until we can all convene again. This is a national holiday and I recognize that our breaks from regular life might be pretty few and far between. Nevertheless, we can all work with each other to continue the tourney if it doesn't finish on time.

Also, if you cannot show up for your fights, please let me know so we can fix the issue. Getting four people with potentially different time tables to all fight at the same time is a bit of a hassle, and getting twenty people to all communicate with each other in a specific timeframe and to be active at the same time is asking a lot, considering our community. If there are any scheduling issues I AM REALLY LAX ABOUT SCHEDULING LATER MATCHES. This tournament does not have to get done in one day, though I would like it to. We'll play it by year but please do not worry if you can't stay for your later matches.

Oh yeah, and if we get a ton of fights going on at once, I'm probably not going to be able to supervise each and every fight. In that case, I'll ask teams to report back to me regarding the wins and losses. If there are conflicting stories, you'll have to fight again and I'll either administrate the fight or appoint someone else to.

Also, on the day of the tournament, if there are less than 19 people participating, I'll have you all join a team specially made for the tournament and we'll use mock battle maps. If that sounds like a great idea anyways, well... we'll figure it out.

IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE GOING TO BE USING RANDOM MAP MOCK BATTLES SO THAT WE HAVE A GOOD MAP POOL. I WILL ALSO ALLOW BOTH TEAMS INVOLVED IN A MATCH TO VETO A SINGLE MAP.

As always, let me know if you have any questions.
Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thanksgiving Tournament

Sash
Administrator

rules updated

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thanksgiving Tournament

Sash
Administrator

RESULTS

Congratulations to III WINTERS III and SOUND0FSILENCE2, forming the unexpected dream team and taking the tournament by storm with Twelve Wins!

Yet another congratulations to Stay Sa1ty and ShellShock14 for playing their hardest and achieving a tie for second place at Nine Wins each with the UNAC support of Blue Magnolia and City of Sorrows!

Thanks to everyone who participated! We had a great time playing and I'm sure our next tournament (slated for christmas/newyears) will be even better! Again, thank you all so much for taking the time out of your break to show up and give it your all with some good teamwork and hilarious battles.

Most fights should be up on YouTube sometime this month I'd assume. Credit to Winters for recording his perspective.

I'm sure we'll see everyone who couldn't make it this time in the next tournament, so be ready for another great series of fights!