classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The Perfect GT

noklu
Administrator
I figured I might add a link to the GT on the home page (where it used to simply say "add A 01 Perfect GT") and so I inserted that link in there. However, I noticed that the friends list on it was on 94 people...now correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the limit is 100, still. We might need to think about creating a second community tag. If we did that, can players view the original tag's members via friends of friends? As far as I know, that is possible, so long as it is an adult, unrestricted account.

Also, in case you didn't notice Godly, I opened up the game design forum and put a small post at the top saying so -- can you take a look and see if there's anything you want to add to it? I think an announcement of that fact would be good as well.
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The Perfect GT

Kaine
Banned User
I need to add it lol. But no lets say I am friends with the one we have now. If the second account is on its friends. I cannot view the second accounts friends. That doesnt work
Reply | Threaded
|

GodlyPerfection
Administrator
KaineFreitas117 wrote
I need to add it lol. But no lets say I am friends with the one we have now. If the second account is on its friends. I cannot view the second accounts friends. That doesnt work
What he said. I was just going to go through and start removing inactive members.

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
Reply | Threaded
|

noklu
Administrator
In reply to this post by Kaine
Wait a second. I just went through Godly's profile and viewed a number of people who I am not friends with, and noticed that there are several people that I can, in fact, view the friends list of. It seems to me that this is totally viable.
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
Reply | Threaded
|

GodlyPerfection
Administrator
noklu wrote
Wait a second. I just went through Godly's profile and viewed a number of people who I am not friends with, and noticed that there are several people that I can, in fact, view the friends list of. It seems to me that this is totally viable.
No it isn't. You are only allowed to view someone's friends list IF you are friends with them. People that are not friends with you cannot see your friends list no matter what the privacy settings are. Hence if you are friends with one account you cannot view the friends of the other account unless you are friends with them too. Or else you would practically be able to view thousands of people's friends list.

Trust me... many people have suggested this in the past for other communities. It cannot be done. I've been setting up silver tags like this for years.

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
Reply | Threaded
|

Kaine
Banned User
GodlyPerfection wrote
noklu wrote
No it isn't. You are only allowed to view someone's friends list IF you are friends with them. People that are not friends with you cannot see your friends list no matter what the privacy settings are. Hence if you are friends with one account you cannot view the friends of the other account unless you are friends with them too. Or else you would practically be able to view thousands of people's friends list.

Trust me... many people have suggested this in the past for other communities. It cannot be done. I've been setting up silver tags like this for years.
I told him but Noklu saud otherwise