Locked 3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The Reaching Perfection FAQ Hub

noklu
Administrator
This post was updated on .

This post contains all your FAQing needs.

It has links to every FAQ, site-wide. Below, in the other posts, are our universal FAQs which apply in nearly every circumstance. Forum-specific FAQs, linked just below, contain guidelines and rules that apply to their respective subforums.

We have not yet completed all the FAQs. As we roll them out, threads, posts, and links shall appear where needed.

Universal FAQs

Expectations, Etiquette, and Ethos - our rules and guidelines, basically.

The Membership FAQ

Forum-Specific FAQs

• Design
  • Community
    • Introductions
    • Portfolios
      • Member Portfolios
      • Retired Portfolios
    • Serious Discussion
      • AC: V
      • Halo
    • Spam Perfection
      • Forum Games
  • Website
    • Site Affairs
      • Admin Zone
    • Recycle Bin
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Expectations, Etiquette, and Ethos

noklu
Administrator
Placeholder for Expectations, Etiquette, and Ethos - coming soon!
Know this and fear.

Reply | Threaded
|

The Membership FAQ

noklu
Administrator
In reply to this post by noklu
Back to the Main FAQ Hub

We wish to encourage a full and active community. To this end, we have a unique membership system. Read on for more details!

What is a registered user?

A registered user, more than likely, is you. [That is, anyone who has made and verified an account.] You can view, post, and create threads on the forums using a single account. This is the same as most other forums, however, you also have the opportunity to demonstrate your credentials and maturity so you can earn full membership.

What's full membership?

Full membership is what makes this forum different.

Full members are those who have shown themselves to be truly members of our community. Here at ReachingPerfection, we're not interested in large member counts. We are interested in valued members and friends. Those who have earned their place here gain recognition of their participation in our community.

Why do I want to become one?

If you become one, you must first become a part of our community. And if you want to do that, then you already want full membership. See for yourself: is our community worth sticking around for?

There are also several privileges and responsibilities that full membership grants you. Every full member gains their very own dedicated space, called a portfolio, which is the only place where you can post and promote your own content. [A Portfolio FAQ is upcoming.]

You also gain the ability to move posts and threads, which helps us keep the forums tidy. If a thread or post is in the wrong place, you can move it to where it should be or to the Recycle Bin if it needs to be deleted. [A Moderation for Members FAQ is upcoming.]

How do I become one?

Becoming a full member is very easy.

All you need to do is be active, chill, and contribute to the community. It's not based on post count or how witty you are. It's not based on how good you are at something or whether we really like you. All it's based on is whether you are active: simply, if you engage with our community, established and new. Discuss design in the Game Design forums, chat in Serious Discussion, and welcome others in Introductions. There is a slight bias towards members who post regularly in the Game Design forums.

Your activity must be sustained, not sporadic. You don't have to post as much as other people, but you should be a regular part of the community to be a full member. Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis because we understand that those who lurk and those who frequently post are different people and activity means different things for them.

Who decides and how regularly?

The administration team decides promotions on a case by case basis and announces them in a promotion round around the start of each month.

What happens if I become inactive?

If you are a full member and go inactive for three months, the world will be destroyed.

Every volcano will erupt, every fault line shall quake, every hurricane shall storm: every natural disaster, everywhere. Every kitten shall mewl miserably but never comforted. Every puppy shall be teased but never treated. Every paper towel dispenser shall empty. Every hand-drier shall malfunction. Every tissue will come already used. Every airplane safety briefing shall last seventy-two years. Every traffic jam shall be eternal. Every sidewalk shall be owned by mothers with prams, walking six abreast at thirty-eight miles per hour. And finally, every Terms and Conditions document will actually have to be read.

Though the world punishes inactivity harshly, we here at Reaching Perfection do not. We understand that some may see the apocalyptic horrors inactivity unleashes upon the world and that they may therefore wish to return to these forums. In anticipated support of such noble souls, we will never remove accounts or content. However, they will no longer possess the privileges and abilities of full membership. Portfolios with content inside them shall be moved to "Retired Portfolios" and used to make band-aids for all the world's suffering souls. Portfolios without any content shall be recycled to support the needs of those who are very nearly, but not completely, unlike those who suffer.

Just like member promotions, retirements are judged on a case-by-case basis. Those who lurk and those who are frequent posters are different people and inactivity means different things for them. Note well that sporadic, token posts are insufficient for continued full membership.

If you feel you have a legitimate reason for temporary inactivity and wish to give warning, please contact us at the Admin Message Box.

Basically, if you go inactive, it hurts more than our feelings. It destroys the world.

How do I regain full membership once I've been retired?

The same way as you originally gain full membership. We will send an email notification to members who are near retirement to notify them. Depending on how long you are away, it may be easier to regain full membership than to gain it in the first place.

Back to the Main FAQ Hub
Know this and fear.