AP 34657
KE 1475
CE 1307
TE 2442

Lotus // Kinfolk
USG-11/H // Arachide

Pestwurz

Sonne
Burya : // Dafeng works well too, however.
Yasakani

Stab 1079
Recoil Resist 1391
Turning 810
Regen 3627

General:
Pesties. Yup. Pesties. Middling F-Stab means that the handset is more for mid-ranged application. The Missiles crush souls if the enemy can't dodge them, with the added guarantee that hardly any AC that doesn't scream DIEHARD KE MID will be able to shrug off these Pesties. Mobility is alright and the Regen is sinfully high for Sonne. Turning is a bit lacking but it cannot be improved without sacrificing crucial RR, which is primarily used to mitigate VTF Armor-Breaking LW setups. Swapping to Proch will net a terrifying 4897 Regen and only decrease Boost speeds by a single point each. Infinite Boost Combo (IBC?) offers a tempting 126 // 296 with close to 7000 Regen, but should never be used. Almost any Boost/Gen combo can be used, though results vary substantially. PMG and USG are hold-overs from ACV. Not a lot of people run PMG and even fewer have the defenses for it nowadays. It is also this AC's only source of TE output, despite being a rather scary coverage option combined with the USG. It allows the build to function in CQB and at a range. Yasakani does hold back the Kinfolk and Lotus, but the two are extremely important for Counter-Sniping and mid-range firefights. They don't do surprising damage but they handle surprisingly well despite the middling F-Stab provided by the KE Arms. Those arms are there for defenses, and they also don't drain too much. Mostly, the Pesties do the work for the build. Many Pop-Shot engagements last just long enough for a Pestie to launch, thanks to the Yasakani. Speaking of Pestwurz, 1296 KE Damage up front and a devastating 1952 Explosion Damage pretty much guarantee a shitload of damage. They'll hit for about 2k a piece and can lock four at a time in rather short order.

Personal:
Due to the lowered DPS, a good amount of Prediction is important. If you find yourself with good intel on a player before the actual fight, pop into Assembly and swap the Kinfolk for a Jesup or the Lotus for a Strek. This AC only has Pesties to deal with Tanks and Quads, hell, even HRJs will be a bit of a problem. Be especially sure to modify the AC before deployment.

- - -

(I don't actually remember...)

Retired

"The Legend died pretty fucking hard, actually."

Siggy Mod
Jotun
Svir
Tolima Mod

Normal 159
HB 321

AP 32711
KE 1467
CE 1835
TE 2454

Lotus // Strekoza
Oxeye // Lampourde

VTF

Vital
Burya
Glance

Stab 1081
Recoil Resist 1406
Turning 811
Regen 4700

General:
Most recent reincarnation of the very final Lapis // Eel Hybrid AC in ACV. I guess this is technically still a Shiki build, though everything that would traditionally define it as such has gone straight to shit in V-Answer. By looking at the weapons, one can pretty much understand exactly how this AC plays. Really, it doesn't need a complicated flow chart. The only problems now are that VTFs are a bit unreliable, that and this AC eats them with its face almost every chance it gets. That, and the Oxeye is almost for decoration. I doubt I'll see many tanks but in case I do, LampEye will shred them or I'll StrekEye them for no reason other than because I can. Primary weapons are Blue-Locked given the opportunity. The one thing that V-Answer did give this AC was the Siggy Mod, which means that it can run Svir with impunity. Lacking the 1505 isn't a death sentence anymore, but at the range this AC performs at it could be incredibly problematic should the opponent counter with Lamps. CE is unexpectedly high, but it doesn't buff anything important out, oddly enough. The AP took a bit of a hit though, so wherever possible, conservative play is important. One final point of intrigue is that this setup somehow got hilariously higher Regen than its ACV counterpart despite using drainer parts. 4700 is enough to keep this build nipping after a lot of things, to be sure. Oh yeah, Glance had its missile lock nerfed. VTFs don't come into play too often.

Personal:
Get the fuck out of my way you trash. While not exactly capable of running everything down, this AC has incredible pressure capabilities. Break a Gen and you've won, since nine times out of ten this AC is hitting something effectively. Quads with their new RR are probably impossible to beat with this AC unless I can win the fight for height ceiling, which would probably lose me almost all my AP anyways. If Quads or HRJs are a thing, I'll probably bring a Plasma Gun instead of the Oxeye. Oxeye is probably pretty damn useless to begin with. If Plasma Gun, Habas instead of VTF, however.

- - -

Extinction Undine

Updated

"This is sadly the safest build I have."

227 [Rayleo]
Jotun
Weser Mod
Tolima Mod

Normal 154
HB 306

AP 32824
KE 1538
CE 1594
TE 2430

Cercis // Strekoza
UPG-27/E // Tansy

Sub

Sonne
Dafeng
Glance

Stab 1064
Recoil Resist 1326
Turning 801
Regen 2654

General:
This actually sucks pretty hard on paper, now that I look at it. I wonder how I manage to use this AC? Well... Handset kills things, but the Strekoza is max power, the Cercis is soft power, and generally speaking the Tansy is for whatever the Strek can't actually hit. Sub just tightens up my response time to where I can effectively fight at all ranges, and the Plasma is there because I probably have a Plasma Gun fetish or something... that or I have a burning hatred of the new Fortress Quads and new maps. Sonne just lets me run down a Quad and crush its soul. Otherwise this thing is just screaming conservative play. Sad thing is that the V-Answer maps don't typically allow for that.

Personal:
GOML NOOBS. This has poor turning when compared to my more comfortable Shasta experience. I'd like A CE head here but that just isn't possible. Thankfully, this build is safe and can be used to scout out what an opponent wants to do in the coming duels. The Plasma eradicates groundwalkers, too. Just be careful with the AP, there's not a ton to be used sponging hits. Rush a Quad early and don't falter in doing so since the opponent generally regards the Plasma Gun as a paper tiger the first time, but will be especially wary if the rush fails.

Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Tolimas

Sash
Administrator
This post was updated on .

Extinction Undine (Revised)

"This shit still crushes souls."

Knight
Jotun
Weser Mod
Tolima Mod

Normal 151
HB 306

AP 32824
KE 1538
CE 1594
TE 2430

Tansy // 3BR
Kayak // 09/R

Jellyfish

Glance
Vital
Toko
Re-X

Stab 1064
Recoil Resist 1378
Turning 798
Regen 3940

General:
I replaced the weapons with the set I run on Blue. This build got a second wind after that, and it serves as a quicker version of my more favorite AC. I'm still apprehensive about using this too often, because the drop in bulk and defense really feels noticeable to me. I can't make clutch wins happen with 4k less AP and effective BRs, apparently. Still, this thing is really pretty quick and I run it when I'm confident that my teammates are bulky enough to not lament the loss of another Bruiser build.

Personal:
Poor Extinction had it hard with all those Fortress Quads. Now it doesn't have to worry as much, though it really needs to stay the fuck out of the open if it can help it. I still like this Tolima but I can't pilot it to the same effect as my Heavier Heavies, mostly because their strategies do involve damage racing. This build relies on not exposing itself, which in turn means that it doesn't do the kind of damage that I like to see. Despite that, this Undine has its uses on maps with more cover and close-range engagements.

Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.