|  8 messages Options
Reply | Quote | Edit |  
Report Content as Inappropriate

This place seems to crash often...

Sash
AC Forum Admin
Wolf Pack
Sash X64
Can someone look into that? I keep getting an Error 500 and so do others who have explained similar situations. They go to open a thread and the site derps.
Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Re: This place seems to crash often...

DavidJCobb
RP Tech Admin
DavidJCobb
This post was updated on .
If you get any more Error 500s, please send the specific error messages to me, preferably as a paste. You can send them to me Twitter (@DavidJCobb), Xbox LIVE (DavidJCobb), a PM on Halo Waypoint if you happen to be a member there, or you can send the paste or screenshot to noklu and ask that he forward them to me on Facebook. If you can also include the specific URL or page you were trying to access (and details on what you expected to see instead of an error message), that would be very helpful.

Please also convey that directive to anyone else who reports seeing these sorts of errors.

I've seen two screenshots so far, but they didn't show the same error, so I don't know if they were one-off events or if there is something wrong with Reaching Perfection specifically. I'll try to look into them soon now that it looks less like a one-off problem, but more data would be helpful. Once I know what the error actually is, I can either attempt to fix it, or ask Nabble staff for some insight.

EDIT: Screenshots are no-goes. Need the entire error message, long-ass stack trace included.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Sash
AC Forum Admin
Wolf Pack
Sash X64
Mailed a message to Noklu. I hope you get it :)

I also hope I got all of the stuff you need from it...
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

DavidJCobb
RP Tech Admin
DavidJCobb
Regarding the error you just sent me...

The error occurs because of a bad URL. The URL species "new_topic" but doesn't say what that is (should be "macro=new_topic"), and it doesn't specify a "node" (where the new topic should be created).

How exactly did you get to that error page? Walk me through the steps you took -- particularly the links/buttons you clicked. Did the error occur when you first loaded the page, or did you reload it from some other means (Back button, browser session restore, etc.)?
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Sash
AC Forum Admin
Wolf Pack
Sash X64
Uhm... I'll try to walk you through it.

So I made a topic in my portfolio... and then used the Permalink so that another post would take you to said topic in the portfolio. The page loaded and then displayed the error.

I don't know if this is a different error than what's been happening lately or if it's just me doing something dumb with Nabble / HTML.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

DavidJCobb
RP Tech Admin
DavidJCobb
Looks like the Permalink generated incorrectly for some reason. Did you use the one at the top of the page, or the one on your specific post (under the "More" menu)?

Also, browser, version, OS? The clickable Permalink generates its result with JavaScript, so whatever happened, happened within the confines of your browser. That's not to say it's not potentially a Nabble bug -- rather that it may be a browser-specific one.
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

Sash
AC Forum Admin
Wolf Pack
Sash X64
DavidJCobb wrote
Did you use the one at the top of the page, or the one on your specific post (under the "More" menu)?
Top.

DavidJCobb wrote
Also, browser, version, OS?
Uhm... Google Chrome, Windows 7? I'm not at tech guy >.>
Reply | Quote | Edit |  

DavidJCobb
RP Tech Admin
DavidJCobb
Just looked into it. The Permalink code doesn't grab the location of the forum IFRAME's contentWindow; instead, it grabs the href of the IFRAME itself. Your bug would be the consequence of Google Chrome failing to update that href after you created a new topic, but I just did a quick test and that didn't happen to me.

Strange. Please continue to keep an eye out for more Error 500s, and send any details you have to me. Pasting it into an email works; pastebin.com is also good. Screenshots are a no-go.

I encourage anyone else that may be reading this to follow the same instructions. If you get an error, send me the exact message you see.