Welcome to the archive...below you will find the most recent TOOF's (;
go to my portfolio. now.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Topher's outlook on Forge (Blog 1)

Topher
Hey RP,

GP gave me a fancy new portfolio to spill my delicious guts all over and hope to god that someone finds this exiting to read, compared to GP's super serious RP blog.

Anyways, sup baby? (I say that to everyone. If i direct you to last night's playtest, I believe I said that to everyone on the Red team before you all muted me. thanks)

I'm new to Forge. No shit. But what I've learned from watching the professionals and critiquing their maps has helped me throughout my Forge career. You see, back in the days of Halo 3, I wasn't into the whole, how you say, object blending, geomerging and the whatnot. Forge for me, was simply a tool for editing weapon placement and in some respects, fixing Bungies shit.

The first real introduction to forge was Sandbox, and after spending time on the b.net forums, xForgery and Forgehub, I learned a few tricks....some of which are the fundimentals of making a sweet and balenced map, that was enjoyable to walk around in, but also supported the sufficiant space to move and, in turn, to have a balanced firefight between teams and players alike.

Now, I'm not saying I'm the best at forge...no where close, but what I'm saying is that I like to create playspaces that remind me of daily life...well, things I imagine my life would be like if I was a Spartan...and dont get me wrong, that would be super badass.

ANYWAYS, back on topic.

I try to create maps that represent something bigger. By that I mean, my map Urban wasn't just a map I through together...it was me trying to recreate the image of a battle that I happened to catch on the history channel 10 minutes before I started forging it. The image was in my mind previously, but theres no way the map would have turned out the way it did without just glimpsing the arial traps from sniper perches in buildings.

To be honest, the only war I know is the shit that goes down on Call of Duty, and the city-scape maps are the funnest. Just saying.

Now, I know what you're thinking if you've read this far, and thats obviously; "Tooopppherr! why can we not haz map reviewz and such"

Well, you know what, I dont play matchmaking, so fuck off. (:

With that out of the way, the pending question is what the hell is this coming down to? And I have the answer...

Build better maps, for me to break.

kthx.
go to my portfolio. now.
Reply | Threaded
|

Topher's outlook on Forge (Blog 2)

Topher
In reply to this post by Topher
Damn you Godly!

Welcome to the second edition of, you guessed it! The most underrated blog....evar!

Anyways, I have a lot to talk about today...so lets get on with it!

Freedom on the 45 degree angle!

Today, Hotshoe and I realized the the 45 degree angle rotation snap, is a gift from god while creating a minigame. You see, when you get a warhog up to its top speed on solid ground, its not fast...at all. Add a 45 degree slope, 2 teleporters and turn it into a drag-race however, it becomes a deathtrap and a fuckin' hilarious one at that. Basically, Red and Blue battle it out in the battle of pure speed, and luck. Luck, because after 50 seconds of building up massive momentum, another teleporter spawns, sending them hurling at eachother at lightspeed...and yeah, who ever prayed before the game wins...kinda.

Lobbys

Have i mentioned that I thing GP's kind of a douchebag? Many times? Alright, well, add to the tallys there buddy.

Recently, I've been muted, and kicked from GP's lobby's for no good reason...so yesterday the xDFAx clan and I decided we'd go into his lobby, blare the bed intruder song, and ask how his husband's doing, cause we're cool like that.

I just wanted to say, everybody on the Blue team, especially Kittenpaste Co, who were in the proximity of us, we're sorry, and we didn't mean anything we said. I understand that telling Kittenpaste that i blew his kitten paste all over the wall and wiped it up with GP's dick during a playtest, being as incredibly funny as it was that night, im sorry for verbally raping every single one of you...especially Hylebos. I love you man.

Minigames galore!

This week, Hotshoe and I have been working on two minigames, that of which will flip you offf your chair, and touch you inappropriately.

Ramp o' Death
-Run for your life, the demonic horde of zombies in assorted vehicles will mow you down any second.

Search and Destroy
-Not what you think
-Humans, find some cover in the nightfall, the zombies are prowling the skies with falcons...and they aren't happy.

We're not sure on their release, but we'll get back to you.

I Got a Job!

Thats right, xDFAx Topher is part of Silicon Knights, and I love it.

That is all.

Until next time, fuck you.

-Topher.

go to my portfolio. now.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Topher's outlook on Forge (Blog 2)

anANGRYkangaroo
hahaha... good read :P I never play matchmaking either.  Its retarded.  I was trying to work on a semi-minigame concept, but it isnt quite working as planned unfortunately.
Check out Brainpan in mah portfolio:)
Reply | Threaded
|

GodlyPerfection
Administrator
Well Topher if you weren't so obnoxious in the lobbies then you wouldn't get kicked or muted. How bout that?

URL: http://i55.tinypic.com/13yi6va.png

Wanna help spread the word about ReachingPerfection.com at other sites? Use the image above and link back to us.
Reply | Threaded
|

Topher
maybe if you let me test my shit, i wouldn't be like that,

fuckin' idiot.
go to my portfolio. now.
Reply | Threaded
|

Kittenpaste Company
Kitten paste is not meant for wall decoration!
.:and sometimes when we touch-our shields blow out like dust-then I feel your armor on my thigh:.
.:I wanna take you in my 'hind-when I'm slicked with some KY-so I close my eyes 'til the Sangheili's insiiiiiide:.

Sick of useless people.
Reply | Threaded
|

Nikatorus
Administrator
Kittenpaste Company wrote
What are you talking about? It adds pizazz to a room.
Currently: Temporarily Active
Reply | Threaded
|

DavidJCobb
Administrator
Nikatorus wrote
Kittenpaste Company wrote
What are you talking about? It adds pizazz to a room.
Yep. When no other theme is unique enough, kitten paste really screams out "animal abuse". It's all the rage!
Reply | Threaded
|

Kittenpaste Company
I'll have you know that all of our kittens volunteer by signing waivers, before pasting! I will not tolerate such slanderous phrases against this company! >=o
.:and sometimes when we touch-our shields blow out like dust-then I feel your armor on my thigh:.
.:I wanna take you in my 'hind-when I'm slicked with some KY-so I close my eyes 'til the Sangheili's insiiiiiide:.

Sick of useless people.
Reply | Threaded
|

Topher
I'm back.
go to my portfolio. now.
Reply | Threaded
|

MythicFritz
Reply | Threaded
|

Dj7291993
Administrator
Welcome Back!!!  So... did you gain any manners while you were away? ;)

~Josh Hollinrake, Dj7291993

Email Me - Admin Message Box - My Portfolio

"Dreamers Dream, Doers Do, Achievers Achieve, But Champions Do It ALL." ~The Goads

"A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances." ~James Allen (As a Man Thinketh)