classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Verdict Day servers?

Gyroflex
I'm an AC newbie, and I just got Verdict Day for PS3 as my first AC game last week. I enjoyed the story a lot as I played through that and was looking forward to playing what I thought was supposed to be the game's main mode: the online multiplayer. However, every time I've turned on the game for the last 10 days, it says it's "Unable to connect to ACVD servers" because they are apparently down or under maintenance. All I can do online is Free Battle. Have the servers actually been down for that long, or is there a problem on my end? And does anyone have an idea why that might be?
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Verdict Day servers?

Not-Hunter
The ACVD servers are still up, and haven't been taken down in quite a while. Most likely, the server is either having issues, or you just have a bad connection. Try at different times of the day. ACV servers are down permanently, but VD servers are still up.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Gyroflex
That's what I would have guessed. The problem is that I have tried many separate times to connect and not been able to. In addition to that, I have had no problems with any other PS3 games, so I am very confused as to why it is only this game. Thanks anyway. I guess I'll just keep trying.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Sash
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gyroflex
I haven't the slightest clue as to how or why you are having your problem.

If you can access free battle online, then your internet works and such. Again, I haven't a clue.
Light can be just as blinding as Darkness. Bring some Sunglasses.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Raizo
In reply to this post by Gyroflex
I've had this happen to me. It is typically due to a bad connection. LOL, I fought a battle against a unac team just today, and their entire team died at the beginning of the match. I watched the operation, and it  said their own teammate killed them all with an explosion. Then I received the yellow warning message that stated the match ended irregularly, and no bonus rewards would be received. Yet I gained the team ranking points, and I'm pretty sure they blew up due to disconnectivity.So my suggestion is to simply make sure you're not streaming on other devices in your home - or the guy with all the dead unacs could be you.
Everybody wants to use Vendetta blades, but nobody wants to die...
Reply | Threaded
|  

Gyroflex
In reply to this post by Sash
I finally figured it out. It was NOT due to a bad connection. After hours of trying to figure out the problem, I realized I had to go into my wireless router's settings and change its firewall from medium to low.

I thought I should post my solution here for anyone else who has the same problem (I have a Comcast Xfinity gateway router). Also, I did not have to change the firewall settings for any other online games. Don't know why, but whatever.