WHY!!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WHY!!

hunEtER0121773
Hey guys,second post and for this one i wanted to say why!why?because i felt that this is meant to be a nicer forge-hub,but it does have not one place to put them in,so why not make one,i know the admins of this fair site do not have the time,but neither do we, we wait and wait and wait for a thread where we post maps but the Xbox live severs end draw nearer and nearer(it may be     a rumor, but it will happen at a point)so you guys need to speed it up on making A thread that will allow us to post a map...without a portfolio, cause you need time for it to be made and some of our gaming days are limited so we should be able to play on maps people made quicker than in a few weeks,months or even years...so please read this, i made sure no grammar mistakes, I did what had to be done but will you,we need this to be seen forward this, re post this so it is seen by everyone!together we will shape Halo,together we will make matchmaking,together it can be DONE!!
look vegeta im a firing ma.... O o /¯/________________________/ { BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHH!!! \_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ ❑ Single ❑ Taken ✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: WHY!!

FuN Fortress
This post was updated on .
hunEtER0121773 wrote
Hey guys,second post and for this one i wanted to say why!why?because i felt that this is meant to be a nicer forge-hub,
I hope we never have to be compared to them again.

hunEtER0121773 wrote
but it does have not one place to put them in,so why not make one,
It's called the Portfolio section. You earn a portfolio by actually being an active member of RP, on the forums and off. It acts as a filter to prevent this place from turning INTO Forge Hub; with endless maps that never get reviews or tests because they're drowned in a neverending sea of other maps.

hunEtER0121773 wrote
i know the admins of this fair site do not have the time,but neither do we, we wait and wait and wait for a thread where we post maps but the Xbox live severs end draw nearer and nearer(it may be     a rumor, but it will happen at a point)so you guys need to speed it up on making A thread that will allow us to post a map...without a portfolio,
LOL WUT

Who are "we", who are the "tons of people waiting on something big to happen"? Unless we gained eight-hundred members overnight that I don't know about, then I don't know who you're talking to.

hunEtER0121773 wrote
cause you need time for it to be made and some of our gaming days are limited so we should be able to play on maps people made quicker than in a few weeks,months or even years...so please read this, i made sure no grammar mistakes, I did what had to be done but will you,we need this to be seen forward this, re post this so it is seen by everyone!together we will shape Halo,together we will make matchmaking,together it can be DONE!!
"Everybody repost this!" You're talking to a community of about, twenty active members. Tops. Active members who all know that this kind of thing won't fly around here.

The way we do things works just fine. If we did things the Forge Hug (wrong) way, nobody's maps would see the light of day. RP is a close-knit community of designers, NOT just Forgers. We do things OTHER than Halo, we build on things OTHER than Halo, and we seek to improve our design skills in all fields, not JUST Halo. That's why we don't make it so everybody and their dog can post maps wherever and whenever. We're not a Forge community, we're a design community.

I'm not trying to be an asshole about it (tee hee, trust me), but RP really isn't the place to be if you're looking for something like Forge Hub. If you're looking for something like Forge Hub but better, I suggest XForgery. RP has close ties to people who can get your map into matchmaking (provided it's, of course, up to standards), so stick around and you'll know where to be for that sort of thing. Again, this isn't a community for spamming every map you've ever made. Unless it's in your portfolio, in which case, go crazy.
Reply | Threaded
|

MDFlash
In reply to this post by hunEtER0121773
All I have to say is, "i made sure no gramar mistakes," is just one of numerous grammatical errors you made in that post.
Dies omnis est donum.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dj7291993
Administrator
Fun Fortress is right, this is not, nor will it ever be ForgeHub.  This is a design community.  While Halo is the medium that brought many people here, if you take the time to look through the portfolios, you'd see there is far more than maps in there, of any game.  This site is a community, not a bulletin board to post whatever you want and never come back.  To be honest, if you want your opinion to carry ANY weight, then show that you are willing to invest in the community.  While we are open to input, the people who are going to be affected (i.e. the ones who "live" here) get the votes.  Any final decisions are of course, up to the admins, and ultimately, Ray (GodlyPerfection), but it will always be for the benefit of those who have invested their time, talents, and energy into this community.  Sorry if I sound to firm, but what you're asking for is one of the reasons this community was started, to avoid becoming tied to just one design medium, to be a community, not a spam-board.  For now, there is not, nor will there be a place to post content outside of your own portfolio.

~Josh

~Josh Hollinrake, Dj7291993

Email Me - Admin Message Box - My Portfolio

"Dreamers Dream, Doers Do, Achievers Achieve, But Champions Do It ALL." ~The Goads

"A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances." ~James Allen (As a Man Thinketh)

Reply | Threaded
|

noklu
Administrator
The key difference about ReachingPerfection and Forgehub is that we are purely a community of people who bounce ideas, criticise, play-test and design. Forgehub has that, to some extent, but it also has facility for promoting maps and getting many downloads. By posting a map on their forums, one is not guaranteed good feedback. You aren't guaranteed anything at all. In the tester's guild, you might get some decent feedback -- maybe, I'm not sure about the state of their tester's guild any longer -- but that's the only resource they have, beyond testing in game and immediate feedback. Which is what everyone does, but I'm convinced that the people around here can offer consistently good advice.

In essence: Forgehub is impersonal and RP is personal. (Slight oversimplification, but what the heck.)
The otters are coming with whiskers honed to razor blades.
Know this and fear.

Email me at xnoklu[at]gmail.com should you need to contact me.
Reply | Threaded
|

hunEtER0121773
In reply to this post by FuN Fortress
i understand now,i know portfolios and stuff but never thought about putting maps in their,i thought it was blog,and you guys also give ideas about thanxs...
look vegeta im a firing ma.... O o /¯/________________________/ { BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHH!!! \_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ ❑ Single ❑ Taken ✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist
Reply | Threaded
|

hunEtER0121773
In reply to this post by Dj7291993
understood,i only really came to the map cartographer thing,but you guys are helping me understand more so thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

hunEtER0121773
In reply to this post by noklu
i always thought this was better in my opinion,as everyones offering help(e.g what this website does) and forgehub is jst full of wanna be critiques you guys look at all the points to threads either good or needs editing
Reply | Threaded
|

Dj7291993
Administrator
Hey hunEtER, can I request that you start compiling your posts into one, rather than having several in a row.  It makes it a lot easier to read if you do it in a single post, and break it into paragraphs (if necessary), than if you put multiple one- or two-line posts in succession.  If you forgot to type something in, or decide you want to add something, you can always go back and edit your post.  Now, if it's a while later (like a few hours or more), than it's fine to add it as a second post, otherwise, try to avoid double posting where possible.  It's just a little bit of etiquette that will help improve your professional image, which is important in getting people to take you seriously.  Capitalization, punctuation, and spelling also add to your professionalism.

On that note, your spelling is MUCH better, and I'm grateful for your effort towards improving your punctuation.  Commas help a lot, just don't forget that ending punctuation (period, question mark, exclamation point) is important as well.

~Josh Hollinrake, Dj7291993

Email Me - Admin Message Box - My Portfolio

"Dreamers Dream, Doers Do, Achievers Achieve, But Champions Do It ALL." ~The Goads

"A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances." ~James Allen (As a Man Thinketh)

Reply | Threaded
|

CrazedMeatball
Oh man, I love commas.
Check out my music :D

https://soundcloud.com/alfie-prior